Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Amazon Amazon

Maybe this one?
Old 07-17-2018, 01:36 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Untrue. The Cybex Aton will fit with a passenger riding shotgun. Drove through 5 countries in Europe that way. It depends on the passenger's height and her comfort with a less than ideal seat setup.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:48 PM
minthral
Pro

Maybe, but my 5 6 120 lb wife finds it very uncomfortable, mainly because it's too upright.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Update from my experience removing the upper back seat, I think this is really a good thing to do if you have a "full" booster seat with back/head support. The seat backs are prone to getting unlatched when using the belts, and having the seat back flopping down in an accident would be bad. But with a full booster with a rear latch point, plus the upper seat back removed, it's super solid and gives several inches more room. I put a towel behind the booster and then tightened it up. Looks great, solid, and more room.

It's really not hard to take the upper seat backs out, mostly it's figuring out where things pop out of.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:19 AM
samduhspam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone recommend a good fitting seat cover that goes under the car seat for the rear? Mine is marking up the rear seat.

For the record, I tried a ton of seats as well and even ones suggested in this thread. The best fitting for me is the Maxi Cosi. Will confirm model.

This is for rear facing and front seat is not useable.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:09 AM
kennypowers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Untrue. The Cybex Aton will fit with a passenger riding shotgun. Drove through 5 countries in Europe that way. It depends on the passenger's height and her comfort with a less than ideal seat setup.
this is true, but it’s real cramped in the front for the passenger. My wife is 5’2 and 115 lbs and was pretty uncomfortable that way.

My son now is too big for that seat but not quite old enough for front facing, so with him in the car there is virtually no room in the passenger seat. Planning to get the Porsche seat once he hits two years in about 5 months.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:47 AM
JCC991S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a Cybex Aton 2 in a 991.1, and my wife is 5'1 and very petite, and it would not be comfortable for long distance travel. I mean you could get by, a run to the store, or a drop off at the parents or in-laws, but no trips to the beach would be in your future.
The following users liked this post:
cptn_majestic (08-29-2021)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:25 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Here is a pic of the Cosco Scenera forward facing with my 2-yo. Note, I'm 5'7" 150, so I'm not a big guy - I do have to have my seat more forward than I'd prefer. It's workable, but I can't really heel-toe, not that I'm driving in that fashion while my kids are in the car.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:08 AM
punter7768
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cybex Aton 5

hi guys I purchased this off amazon.de since I’m currently stationed in stuttgart

Cybex Gold Aton 5, Car Seat Group 0 + (0-13 kg) Child 2018

i find it works fine with both the Aton 2 bass and without just using seat belt to strap in car seat

u get a little more room without the base

ill post pictures later

i think the aton2 and aton5 is just a more updated version...

ive got a newborn baby girl that just arrived last week. Her first drive home I wanted to be in our Porsche 911 and not the Mazda CX-9 so that’s why I paid so much attention to this discussion
Old 08-03-2018, 06:38 PM
rymorg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Everyone--I recently got my 2013 C2S and have been trying about every carseat I can get my hands on. I've got a 3.5 and 4.5 year old and they are both very tall for their age, so when you combine that, with the small 911 back seat and they fact my wife and I want to keep them in a 5 point harness as long as possible, we had an adventure. Also, I'm 6'3" and I need to be able to drive, although, I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort to enjoy with the kiddos. Lastly, I don't want my seats damaged, so not having sharp edges was a plus.

A couple of quick learnings: The back seat shape is kind of funny, so I found some commonalities on the two seats I would deem acceptable--small base that fits on the seat and the slim back that makes contact with the rear seat. Also--dimensions mean virtually nothing in my findings, it's all about how the seat fits, etc.

The Contenders (all 5 point harness)

Diono Radian R100--too tall, couldn't install straight
Evenflo Maestro Booster--fit okay, sharp edges on the bottom, marked up seat, even through a seat protector
Costco Finale 2-in-1:Fits okay, couldn't get it tight IMO or get it centered correctly, also has some sharp edges
Chicco Myfit: too big, couldn't install correctly
Britax Boulevard--too big, probably could make it work, but took up lots of rear leg room
Graco Nautilus 3 in 1: too big, won't install correctly
2015-era Recaro Booster (from my wife's car)--too big/wide
2015-era Recaro Convertible (from my wife's car)--too big/wide

Runner-Up: Graco SlimFit All-in-One. This one was definitely a good fit and very usable, seemed to rub on the headliner for the height we needed.

And the winner is....MaxiCosi Pria 85. This one definitely fit the best. It was also relatively easy to install. It seems that the back and base of this seat are key: The base is narrow and the back has a slim contour. We just ordered a second one.

A quick picture:

maxicosi pria 85

Hope this helpful to some of you!
The following users liked this post:
midwstCostofLivg (01-14-2020)
Old 08-03-2018, 07:13 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Thanks for sharing
Old 08-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rymorg
Hi Everyone--I recently got my 2013 C2S and have been trying about every carseat I can get my hands on. I've got a 3.5 and 4.5 year old and they are both very tall for their age, so when you combine that, with the small 911 back seat

And the winner is....MaxiCosi Pria 85. This one definitely fit the best. It was also relatively easy to install. It seems that the back and base of this seat are key: The base is narrow and the back has a slim contour. We just ordered a second one.

Thanks for your thorough research you just saved me a ton of work. I am waiting on my 991.2 delivery and need to get a car seat for my 4year old.

Some quick questions on fitment:
1) Are the .1 and .2 rear seats are the same? I’m guessing they are
2) Fitment in your car can you please confirm that the seat doesn’t touch the pillars / headliner (do you have a sunroof?)
3) Did you use a seat protector? If so do you recommend that the one you used

Thanks a lot
Old 08-04-2018, 03:30 PM
minthral
Pro

Originally Posted by rymorg
Hi Everyone--I recently got my 2013 C2S and have been trying about every carseat I can get my hands on. I've got a 3.5 and 4.5 year old and they are both very tall for their age, so when you combine that, with the small 911 back seat and they fact my wife and I want to keep them in a 5 point harness as long as possible, we had an adventure. Also, I'm 6'3" and I need to be able to drive, although, I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort to enjoy with the kiddos. Lastly, I don't want my seats damaged, so not having sharp edges was a plus.

A couple of quick learnings: The back seat shape is kind of funny, so I found some commonalities on the two seats I would deem acceptable--small base that fits on the seat and the slim back that makes contact with the rear seat. Also--dimensions mean virtually nothing in my findings, it's all about how the seat fits, etc.

The Contenders (all 5 point harness)

Diono Radian R100--too tall, couldn't install straight
Evenflo Maestro Booster--fit okay, sharp edges on the bottom, marked up seat, even through a seat protector
Costco Finale 2-in-1:Fits okay, couldn't get it tight IMO or get it centered correctly, also has some sharp edges
Chicco Myfit: too big, couldn't install correctly
Britax Boulevard--too big, probably could make it work, but took up lots of rear leg room
Graco Nautilus 3 in 1: too big, won't install correctly
2015-era Recaro Booster (from my wife's car)--too big/wide
2015-era Recaro Convertible (from my wife's car)--too big/wide

Runner-Up: Graco SlimFit All-in-One. This one was definitely a good fit and very usable, seemed to rub on the headliner for the height we needed.

A quick picture:

maxicosi pria 85

Thanks... this is what I'm looking for...a harness front facing seat that fits. I had already ordered Diono Radian and going to test it when it comes in. I have no sunroot, so maybe it will fit better? It wasn't usable for you?
Old 08-04-2018, 07:16 PM
rymorg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

Thanks for your thorough research you just saved me a ton of work. I am waiting on my 991.2 delivery and need to get a car seat for my 4year old.

Some quick questions on fitment:
1) Are the .1 and .2 rear seats are the same? I’m guessing they are
2) Fitment in your car can you please confirm that the seat doesn’t touch the pillars / headliner (do you have a sunroof?)
3) Did you use a seat protector? If so do you recommend that the one you used

Thanks a lot
1) I would assume so, though I can't confirm. I read on one thread (maybe this one a few pages up) that they are the same, but then some have said that the diono radian rxt fits in .1 but not the .2. I tried the r100, but not the rxt and i could not get it to fit well.
2) I have a sunroof. The seat does very lightly touch the pillars, but i am not concerned it will damage it. The actual seat touches, as does the headrest if you have it high enough. For my 44" 4 year old, it is barely touching--really just padding--the material is very smooth, neoprene like. YMMV, but this one rubbed much less than most on the pillars/headliner. I attached a picture below if that helps.
3) I'm using the Lusso gear car seat protector. It seems okay, not great, but it was about the only seat cover that I could find that didn't have some negative reviews about leather damage due to the actual seat protector bonding to the leather, especially in the Houston heat.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 PM
rymorg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by minthral
Thanks... this is what I'm looking for...a harness front facing seat that fits. I had already ordered Diono Radian and going to test it when it comes in. I have no sunroot, so maybe it will fit better? It wasn't usable for you?
I tried the Radian r100, but not the rxt. The r100 was not usuable to me, although several have had success with the rxt in the back of the 991. They appear to have the same overall dimensions, but if the rxt contour is slightly different than the r100, it may work. It think alot of what works and what doesn't is subjective as well--just as with all things child safety related, what is suitable for my child may not be for others, and vice versa. Let us know if you get the Radian to fit--especially since you don't have a sunroof---maybe that makes a big difference.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat