Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Sport Technos look good until you realize they're going the wrong way on the passenger side. It makes it just a little bit off, like a car parked with the spoiler up.
Don't tell LexVan that. Not sure he's noticed

As far as spoiler up ...... no comparison
Old 05-10-2017, 03:11 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
not sure if this one has been posted:
http://www.porscheofburlington.com/c...a37bf58f64.htm

nice car if you like monotone. CPO with SC, PDK and full leather. I've not seen an umber interior in person; by pics it looks good

that lime gold one above has been floating around for a long time. Lime gold + accident pre delivery I think turns a lot of people away. I love lime gold but it is definitely not for everyone.
I stopped by to check it out today.

Good news: The interior looks OK (less terrible?) in person.

Bad news: The exterior is dinged up. The hit to the front bumper seems to have shifted it a bit; notice the gap over the turn signal. The rear bumper was also hit, and was definitely pinched against the aluminum bumper underneath. There were also a few other less-severe dings, and curbed wheels.

I did not drive it, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I am including the contact info of the salesman who showed me the car.

P.S. I just looked at the dealer's website and it looks like the front bumper was not damaged in their photos.

Rear Bumper

Front Bumper

Old 05-10-2017, 03:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

^^^ THINGS aren't always what they SEEM in pictures.

Attachment 1164257

Here's the story of my HFS Renncheck ...

jwr9152 posted a car or asked me my opinion on it. He had seen it pop up and I hadn't seen it yet. Looked good in pics. 2013 C2S with under 9K miles and a HOT build. I had high hopes for it that it would be a garage queen most likely. The pictures looked very good but did see a few small things that raised my suspicion. Still, I would have bought the car off the pics if I had to and the mileage.

So since the dealer was like one hour away and needed a small drive to relax, see some cars, and help a HFS follower, why not?? I offered to see it in person for him.

So I start checking out the car and see WAY TOO many front end chips for a 9K mile car. More like a 40K one would have. My first thoughts, love to tailgate gravel trucks or tracking. Look at rotors, and deep grooves. Yup, tracking. The car was CPO'd and the paperwork noted that race brake fluid was in there which was replaced too. Front windshield had chips as did the headlights.

Sooooooo ..... this car seems to have been someone's weekend track toy. How much?? Not sure. Also, the previous owner lived near Road America too. Another red flag. I'm all for tracking and have NO issues with people that do. I'm just a FAN of knowing what you're getting with a pre-owned car though. I'd rather buy a non tracked car that was well taken care of by an owner who had it as a second "fun" car.

Attachment 1164264Attachment 1164266Attachment 1164265Attachment 1164263Attachment 1164262Attachment 1164261

There were literally 100's of chips on the hood and bumper. Bad after the fact paint job or powder coated Carrera S wheels too.

So, moral of story .... do your inspections!! First time I've ran across such a low mileage car that had been tracked so much.

So, I advised to pass on this this one and left it up to him to decide. At the same time a similar car had popped up on the HFS advanced top secret search software

I passed it along. This was in TN and he flew out to see it in person. He took it from there and just posted his new BUY in the HFS Alumni thread Congrats!!

Attachment 1164271Attachment 1164270

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9671...r-buys-12.html

Last edited by STG; 05-10-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ THINGS aren't always what they SEEM in pictures.

Attachment 1164257

Here's the story of my HFS Renncheck ...
Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid

Bad news: The exterior is dinged up. The hit to the front bumper seems to have shifted it a bit; notice the gap over the turn signal. The rear bumper was also hit, and was definitely pinched against the aluminum bumper underneath. There were also a few other less-severe dings, and curbed wheels.

P.S. I just looked at the dealer's website and it looks like the front bumper was not damaged in their photos.
I guess some joyriding got into the wrong track

Did you have the impression that they might be receptive to lowballing?

Are they a Herb Chambers dealership? I forgot. (sorry, yes, it says so right in the picture, so let's forget about that plan).
Old 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by squid42
I guess some joyriding got into the wrong track

Did you have the impression that they might be receptive to lowballing?

Are they a Herb Chambers dealership? I forgot. (sorry, yes, it says so right in the picture, so let's forget about that plan).
I was also thinking that a customer/employee did the damage; the front bumper looked recently marred.

I think they will have a very difficult time moving that car. The color combo feels like something from a 1980s Buick, and the damage on the bumpers will require more than touch-up paint.

I got a phenomenal deal on my brand-new '15 S4 at Herb Chambers Audi, but not sure how they do business at their Porsche dealerships.

Personally, that car would not even be on my radar if I were looking.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:53 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

2013 991.1 C2
Momentum Porsche.
~Link
WP0AA2A92DS107085
44K miles
$91K Sticker
$58K ask
CPO, one-owner, clean carfax.

Not a bad deal if you have a limited budget and can live with a base 991 in Racing Yellow over beige with no options other than PDK and sunroof... If it was a manual, I would definitely be giving it a thumbs-up as a 997.2-price-point alternative. But PDK without SC is a tough one to swallow, especially with the lower power base model.

Last edited by pfbz; 05-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Gmoney61
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=173441751

Found this one in Hopkins SC. It's a 2015 base with 2600 miles, and a reasonable build for my taste. The "three owners" thing is a concern (although the current owner has an interesting and benign story to explain the multiple owners and low miles). The current owner is also 28, which is another red flag. I would absolutely insist on a PPI, and the owner has no issue with this, and suggested that the local Porsche dealer (McDaniels) knows the car well. Thoughts anyone cares to offer? Thanks so much again for all of the knowledge to a newbie.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:38 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gmoney61
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=173441751

Found this one in Hopkins SC. It's a 2015 base with 2600 miles, and a reasonable build for my taste. The "three owners" thing is a concern (although the current owner has an interesting and benign story to explain the multiple owners and low miles). The current owner is also 28, which is another red flag. I would absolutely insist on a PPI, and the owner has no issue with this, and suggested that the local Porsche dealer (McDaniels) knows the car well. Thoughts anyone cares to offer? Thanks so much again for all of the knowledge to a newbie.
For $79K, you can definitely find a nice S rather than a base... Might not be 2015 (though there are really no changes since 2012.5), might be a few more miles, but I think you might enjoy the S upgrades more than a few fewer miles?
Old 05-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid

]
eesh, you'd think they would have that in the shop for repairs before selling.
brown over umber is not my thing ( Im clearly on the brighter color spectrum, as you can tell by my pic) but some people love brown. won't move anytime soon with those dings though.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Raffey1
Instructor

Milehigh981, I have to say that your car is completely gorgeous, and I hope I can find something fun like that when I get to start shopping.
I think color is a good thing.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:14 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
eesh, you'd think they would have that in the shop for repairs before selling.
brown over umber is not my thing ( Im clearly on the brighter color spectrum, as you can tell by my pic) but some people love brown. won't move anytime soon with those dings though.
The funny thing was another CPO C2S was equally dinged up (I posted photos back in Oct/Nov) at the same dealer. I agree that it seems like everything would be fixed before even listing it for sale.

I have Racung Yellow, and the only other colors I really want are Lava Orange or Miami Blue
Old 05-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Gmoney61
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pfbz
For $79K, you can definitely find a nice S rather than a base... Might not be 2015 (though there are really no changes since 2012.5), might be a few more miles, but I think you might enjoy the S upgrades more than a few fewer miles?
I have looked at some S's, and would absolutely love to have the upgrades on an S, but I found myself very happy with the base, and valuing the newness of the car and interior more than I thought I would. I also think that having the last year of the NA Carerra will help it hold value over time. It's also very hard to find S'd with a stick.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Agree, it is hard to find manual's, S or base.

As for value retention, I don't believe for a second that a 2015 991.1 will hold its value more than any other 991.1 because it was the last year NA (other standard model year depreciation) , but if the car speaks to you, that all that matters!
Old 05-10-2017, 10:35 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is a pretty nice deal. I would buy this but no sunroof is a deal breaker for me

https://neworleans.porschedealer.com...tallic+1107650

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991