Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:33 PM
RCD
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I predict some very cheap 991's in the near future...
I hope you are right since I am looking for one, so I am interested - what is your reasoning? Is this a function of volume of upcoming lease expirations or other market dynamics? I have not been able to find data at that level of detail.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RCD
I hope you are right since I am looking for one, so I am interested - what is your reasoning? Is this a function of volume of upcoming lease expirations or other market dynamics? I have not been able to find data at that level of detail.

Disregard it. Some attempt at somehow correlating car values to the election. I was going to let it go, but obviously confusing people.

We don't get into politics here. Regardless of who won, I was expecting NO change in what the used market has been doing the last 6 months. Values should stay strong. I believe Porsche thinks it's in its best interest too and might be contributing to it (without going into more details). Was discussed already this past week or so.

* By the way, look at the stock market today. The values just got stronger.

Last edited by STG; 11-09-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:44 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RCD
He wrote that as equity futures were tanking last night. I believe he was inferring that a Trump win would send the economy into a downward spiral, which would exert downward pressure on luxury-good prices.

I saw, and ignored, the comment...
Old 11-09-2016, 03:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Geez, we can't even agree on interior/exterior colors or options

What's better PDK or Manual? Red or Silver?

Let's stick with the important car stuff here
Old 11-09-2016, 09:06 PM
RCD
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Disregard it. Some attempt at somehow correlating car values to the election. I was going to let it go, but obviously confusing people.

We don't get into politics here. Regardless of who won, I was expecting NO change in what the used market has been doing the last 6 months. Values should stay strong. I believe Porsche thinks it's in its best interest too and might be contributing to it (without going into more details). Was discussed already this past week or so.

* By the way, look at the stock market today. The values just got stronger.
Rats. I was hoping it was something more substantive. Thanks for the clarification, STG - and I agree. Well, at least now I don't have a reason to wait.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by azula
I just (reluctantly) listed my 13 C4S over on cars.com. Need to know if my price is fair?

Mileage: 16,253
CPO: No, factory warranty until March 2017
Carfax: Clean
Condition: Immaculate
Asking: 86k OBO (Let me know if this is a good deal)

Very nice C4S.

I think you can get a good handle of the market value by just looking at the listings on cars.com (which is where you have listed yours) and that you purchased it May 2016 (not that long ago).

Depending if you want to move it more quickly or not, I suspect $78K to $82K is the range. With a warranty expiring in 4 months (no CPO) the pricing will need to reflect that fact.

I assume the car is located in Palm Beach County FLA?

Good luck with your sale.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:14 PM
azula
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Very nice C4S.

I think you can get a good handle of the market value by just looking at the listings on cars.com (which is where you have listed yours) and that you purchased it May 2016 (not that long ago).

Depending if you want to move it more quickly or not, I suspect $78K to $82K is the range. With a warranty expiring in 4 months (no CPO) the pricing will need to reflect that fact.

I assume the car is located in Palm Beach County FLA?

Good luck with your sale.

I would like to move it sooner than later so I might lower my price. Thanks for the information! And yes, the car is located in Palm Beach. Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2016, 02:34 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by azula
I would like to move it sooner than later so I might lower my price. Thanks for the information! And yes, the car is located in Palm Beach. Thanks again!
Better to ask close to the price you really want. Many guys won't bother with something that they think is priced too high, and not even bother offering anything.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:42 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Better to ask close to the price you really want. Many guys won't bother with something that they think is priced too high, and not even bother offering anything.
Exactly. Price it aggressively and you'll have real buyers moving quickly... Price it 'optimistically' and many won't bother testing the waters.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Exactly. Price it aggressively and you'll have real buyers moving quickly... Price it 'optimistically' and many won't bother testing the waters.
Applies to selling your house too. Would have saved us 9 months of double mortgages a few years ago
Old 11-10-2016, 05:48 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

But on your particular car, which admittedly is gorgeous with great options, I'd say your $86Kfull retail for the perfect buyer or even a bit over. A dealer would likely give you closer to $76K, so if you really want a quick sale I'd say $80-81K. This is the non-emotional price, not the 'I love your car and have to have it' price...
Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
This ad is the poster child for priced too high. $95k for a '15 base C2? The MSRP was $91,845 on this car... Am I missing something?

2015 Guards Red C2
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by go.illini
This ad is the poster child for priced too high. $95k for a '15 base C2? The MSRP was $91,845 on this car... Am I missing something?

2015 Guards Red C2
That guy is nuts!

Also, the dude put what looks like Ferrari emblems (prancing horse?) on the sides, including on the gas cap cover. Yikes.

Drugs are a horrible thing...
Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by go.illini

2015 Guards Red C2

I needed a good laugh today!

Someone please contact this guy and see what he's on?? Car may be worth that in the year 2030

Maybe he comes with the car as your personal butler or door valet?

Maybe it's the unique steering wheel and Ferrari like fender crests

Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

I missed the steering wheel! I was distracted by the Ferrari stickers and wondering how that guy drove his car without catching his fancy sandals on the clutch pedal...

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991