Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 05:07 PM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by glbrighenti
Yes, I am strongly inclined to get this car.

Will call the salesmen now to see if he can clarify the carfax. The car was not titled until it had 8k miles, and this was in Atlanta where PCNA has an office. Is either a corporate car....or one of those that they use on Porsche Experiences in Atlanta (if is this case might be an abused car)

If any RL is in near Porsche of West Broward and could look the car for me it would be great.

Regarding open delivery for the car....Is that bad? Isn't just having the car cleaned/detailed after shipping enough?
Don't do open delivery! Also, make sure you get top closed delivery. You don't know what cars are on top with oil and other fluids dripping below. Pay the extra if you have to get top and closed delivery. You can ruin here on your own, but not before!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:25 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sessionstu
Ha, ha. I knew somebody would comment on that. Poser boy I'm not.

I'm getting ready to change the oil and air filters. Raised the spoiler to gain access to the screws.
Move the hanging bike.....
(the voice of experience...)
Old 04-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Is that Porsche of West Broward? If so, they do carry a large number of fleet, corp cars, but from my own experience you shouldn't have anything to worry about....
Just be careful of cars they have received from ATL... More than likely they were used at the PEC and have a high potential of having been flogged hard. I looked into the Lava Orange GTS they have had available forever, and the SA confirmed to me that it was a car from the PEC.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 PM
glbrighenti
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1809
Just be careful of cars they have received from ATL... More than likely they were used at the PEC and have a high potential of having been flogged hard. I looked into the Lava Orange GTS they have had available forever, and the SA confirmed to me that it was a car from the PEC.
I Called the salesman, he said that it was used by a PCNA executive.... But I can only rely on his word. I don`t think I could verify this information. Max I can check is for any over revs stored in the computer.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:06 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by glbrighenti
I Called the salesman, he said that it was used by a PCNA executive.... But I can only rely on his word. I don`t think I could verify this information. Max I can check is for any over revs stored in the computer.
I think 'PCNA executive' is the standard response for all of the PCNA cars, regardless of actual usage.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:07 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Which carriers does HFS prefer for transport?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:25 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I think HK can answer that better since he had his 991 transported cross country. I relied on the dealer, who used an internet-based dispatch system. If you look at the vendors announcements in the classifieds section, there is a Sacramento-based company that is giving a discount.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:00 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 1809
Just be careful of cars they have received from ATL... More than likely they were used at the PEC and have been flogged hard. I looked into the Lava Orange GTS they have had available forever, and the SA confirmed to me that it was a car from the PEC.
There, fixed it for you. I think "potentially" flogged and PEC are mutually exclusive, based upon my experience!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by HK G36C
Thank you George! Every time, I drive, mod or work on her with my daughter I thank you. Time was of the essence and you delivered real time help! BTW, driving through a tunnel with the new headers, awe and sharkwerks is simply awesome, better than my 993 super cups! She helped handing me all the tools needed and managed to only misplace - in her coat pocket - only two bumper screws. I think she was going to put them in her piggy bank or purse. The box holds the GT spoiler, but that will wait until the summer. If we get one here!

Priceless

You're building some great new memories there

Your daughter will have good taste in cars.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:13 PM
glbrighenti
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(deleted)

Last edited by glbrighenti; 04-26-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:59 AM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by beaudawg
There are many brokers that pass themselves as actual transport companies. You need to ask if they are brokers. Avoid them! Also, you need to ask whether your car will be unloaded along the way for any reason. Not all trucks will haul pass a certain mileage point. Ask if your car will sit at a hub. You need to find out about their insurance coverage. Ask the seller to take tons of pictures from all angles and from the undercarriage. Check out the ratings online! I also had my m5 transported over 1000 miles. My rear bumper was scratched. I noticed it based on pictures from the seller. I filed a claim. They paid without question because of before and after haul photos.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by beaudawg

These two are the best in the business. Sometimes you might have to find alternates if your route isn't in their schedule in a reasonable timeframe.

http://www.reliablecarriers.com

http://www.intercitylines.com

One can search for other Rennlist board sponsors too. Don't want this turning into a 20 response subject.

Where are the cars??? Slim pickings. I've tracked a few new listings and wait for pics, but many sell within days.

Last edited by STG; 04-27-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Thanks for the carrier responses. Intercity doesn't run the necessary route, and I am awaiting response from Reliable. As usual, the HFS community provides a wealth of information.

Back to on topic posting.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 PM
passat774
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Where are the cars??? Slim pickings. I've tracked a few new listings and wait for pics, but many sell within days.
I have begun searching the new listings build sheets before pictures are even posted. Dealers are always happy to send quick pictures in the reconditioning process for a prospective buyer... Times are tough First world problems...
Old 04-27-2017, 05:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by passat774
I have begun searching the new listings build sheets before pictures are even posted. Dealers are always happy to send quick pictures in the reconditioning process for a prospective buyer... Times are tough First world problems...

Smart man!! First thing I do when time allows is run the build. Once in a while you see one that is a winner!! I've had some great moments when those high MSRP ones or Powerkit X51's pop up!!

I've found and listed some nice ones. Many which smart HFS followers have bought and become HFS Alumni.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991