Sponsored by:

2016 911 Lava Orange Now Available To Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Drop the Sonnen order and tell Brett to sell it!!

Reorder the Lava Orange! You've waited this long, what's another 8 months???
Originally Posted by SDaddy
Might be able to get Lightweight Bucket Seats too
I'll tell Brett you guys suggested it when I cancel!

Lava Orange with Sport Buckets ... NOW we are TALKING!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:52 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Larry's Lava Orange GTS

I had a '73.5 911T targa in Tangerine with Black interior and sport seats. I just loved that color, and I'm not particularly a fan of brown cars, but maybe the Lava Orange has a little more brown in it. I just did a configuration with the Expresso interior, which did seem (on the screen at least) to suggest a bit of brown in the orange. I changed the interior to black, which I think makes it look much better. The Code for it is PGWJKK61 for a quick look.

I actually ordered my GTS C2 coupe on January 2nd, in SBM with the Black/Garnet Red leather interior. It's already built and somewhere between the factory and port. Given all the particular specs I did, my dealer would have a melt-down if I cancelled now- so I won't. And, I think the SBM will wear better and longer in my poor besotted GTS- overloaded mind. On the other hand, you could make a wanna-be GT3 with the 7-MT, no sunroof, SPASM, standard radio, CL wheels, and maybe even PCCB. Much better value than trying to do it with an S. And maybe best of all, no surprising downshifts as with PDK.

How come I can't stop doing this to myself so long after my car locked? It was supposed to get better. I've had this damn Porsche sickness since 1967, then after 1971 went a full 26 years without one at all. I still don't know how I managed to go that long without a 911, but since the volcano (ah, yes, Lava Orange again!) erupted in 1997 there is just no way I can get enough.

Larry, when are you going to show everyone your LO cab configuration?

Norm
Massachusetts, where thank God, for once it's raining, not snowing. But, we're not home free yet. Many New Englanders believe God is a Seahawks fan, so we'll probably get buried again. At least I'm not living in Buffalo, where they don't even have to win to get it in the shorts.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kwikit356

I had a '73.5 911T targa in Tangerine with Black interior and sport seats. I just loved that color, and I'm not particularly a fan of brown cars, but maybe the Lava Orange has a little more brown in it. I just did a configuration with the Expresso interior, which did seem (on the screen at least) to suggest a bit of brown in the orange. I changed the interior to black, which I think makes it look much better. The Code for it is PGWJKK61 for a quick look.

I actually ordered my GTS C2 coupe on January 2nd, in SBM with the Black/Garnet Red leather interior. It's already built and somewhere between the factory and port. Given all the particular specs I did, my dealer would have a melt-down if I cancelled now- so I won't. And, I think the SBM will wear better and longer in my poor besotted GTS- overloaded mind. On the other hand, you could make a wanna-be GT3 with the 7-MT, no sunroof, SPASM, standard radio, CL wheels, and maybe even PCCB. Much better value than trying to do it with an S. And maybe best of all, no surprising downshifts as with PDK.

How come I can't stop doing this to myself so long after my car locked? It was supposed to get better. I've had this damn Porsche sickness since 1967, then after 1971 went a full 26 years without one at all. I still don't know how I managed to go that long without a 911, but since the volcano (ah, yes, Lava Orange again!) erupted in 1997 there is just no way I can get enough.

Larry, when are you going to show everyone your LO cab configuration?

Norm
Massachusetts, where thank God, for once it's raining, not snowing. But, we're not home free yet. Many New Englanders believe God is a Seahawks fan, so we'll probably get buried again. At least I'm not living in Buffalo, where they don't even have to win to get it in the shorts.
well this is what I *would* order ... if my SBM GTS Cabriolet was not already locked for production next month for ED in May...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGBQCDI7
Old 04-03-2015, 06:25 PM
jgreer902
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Vice - am almost ready to order a 2016 C4 GTS
are you happy with yours? any issues?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:10 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
well this is what I *would* order ... if my SBM GTS Cabriolet was not already locked for production next month for ED in May...

Lava Duck Tail!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:33 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

Larry,

You need to change the interior to Espresso Brown, then you'll have a car that could be the mascot for the Cleveland Browns football team.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:35 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Larry, You need to change the interior to Espresso Brown, then you'll have a car that could be the mascot for the Cleveland Browns football team.
as a browns fan, i think its a great idea!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 AM
eosrebel
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Brett
Do you have any pictures of a real 911 in Lava ? Also, Lava with agate grey full leather might be a good combination. The agate leather (with white stitching) in the 911-50s is awesome.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eosrebel
Hi Brett
Do you have any pictures of a real 911 in Lava ? Also, Lava with agate grey full leather might be a good combination. The agate leather (with white stitching) in the 911-50s is awesome.
only lava cars right now is the GT3 RS launch model...
Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen pics of US spec 991 Targa in Lava Orange on the web.

And today I placed my order for a 991 GTS in Lava for the end of this year delivery.. October/November time..
Old 04-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I have seen pics of US spec 991 Targa in Lava Orange on the web.

And today I placed my order for a 991 GTS in Lava for the end of this year delivery.. October/November time..
AWESOME!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I have seen pics of US spec 991 Targa in Lava Orange on the web. And today I placed my order for a 991 GTS in Lava for the end of this year delivery.. October/November time..
Very nice indeed.

What color interior did you choose for your Lava GTS Targa?
The following users liked this post:
Bulldog63 (04-06-2022)
Old 04-07-2015, 02:30 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think black full leather, carbon trim and exterior color air vents is the ticket for a lava car. White gauge cluster and it's ****.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:51 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
Very nice indeed.

What color interior did you choose for your Lava GTS Targa?
I am not getting a Targa... I will be getting a coupe. No sunroof. PASM Sport PDDC, GTS alacantra interior, with silver contrast stitching. PDK. Clear rear lights.

Hoping for as late in the year build as possible as my 991s will not be a year old till October.

Was going PTS before, but now Lava is available its too good to miss.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:58 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Btw, anyone else think lava orange looks more red than orange in all the RS pics and vids?

Quick Reply: 2016 911 Lava Orange Now Available To Order