Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zero option GTS or decently optioned C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 03:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

991's. Now this refers to the rear width only.

Narrow body- Base Carerra, CS

Wide Body - C4,C4S, 50th, GTS, GT3

Widest body - Turbo, Turbo S, GT3RS
Old 03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
I believe the AWD variants (C4, C4S, GTS4, Turbo, Turbo S, etc.) are wide-bodied 997's (as well as the RWD GTS, GT2, GT3RS, GT2RS). In fact, the NB is a rarer car since only the C2, C2S, and GT3 are NB for the 997.

For the 991 I think there's 3 body types. Narrow, wider, and turbo wide lol. The new 991 GT3 RS has the turbo body and the regular GT3 has the "medium" body I believe. The GTS would have the same body as the C4/C4S which is in the middle.

I'm more familiar with 997's so please correct me if I'm wrong with the 991's.
I stand corrected then -- have always been a RWD guy, so focused on what the options were/are with those models only.

And I believe you're correct on the 3 widths of 991, although I've never confirmed that. The GTS and Turbo S use the same width rear wheels, but offsets are different, which would lead one to believe there is a slightly wider track and fender width on the Turbo S. And I assume the Turbo and Turbo S are the same.

They do know how to milk a platform!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:47 PM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSwest
I went from a well optioned '14 C2S with PDK to a lightly optioned '15 GTS 7-spd manual. Driving / styling notes...
- Powerkit - from the very first drive I noticed significantly more linear power in all RPM ranges. A big plus for the GTS!
- Widebody, PASM sport, areokit cup - I have these options and the comments have been "WOW" and looks super aggressive!
- 7-speed manual - matches very well with the broader torque curve provided by the powerkit. A more engaging and sportier drive.
- sunroof - had it on the C2S. Without it the GTS body looks sportier and the cabin is still well lit and noticeably more headroom.
- PSE - the exhaust note is unique to the GTS, and you hear the exhaust more than the sound symposer which was more noticeable on the C2s.
- Overall - the GTS successfully fills a niche above the C2s!
+1
Old 03-10-2015, 03:29 AM
hoppah
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTS, and enjoy one of the finest manual transmissions anywhere. I just don't get the whole PDK thing. Yeah, yeah, I hear all the "oh it shifts faster". Whatever. I don't want my car to operate the clutch or stick for me, nor do I want it to brake for me, nor do I want it to steer for me. That's just taking all the fun out of life. That manual is just slick as can be. I never thought I'd find a transmission I liked as much as the one on my first Miata, but I was wrong.

H.

Quick Reply: Zero option GTS or decently optioned C2S?