Feedback on a GTS order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Feedback on a GTS order?

Hi all,

I'm currently leasing a mostly-stock 911. I assumed in the next three years, I'd figure out exactly what I wanted, then order that car.

However, with the discussion about the all-turbo cars coming, I'm thinking I'm might do something sooner and order a GTS.

Since it would be my first time ordering a car, I'd love to get some feedback on the build. Here's the code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFVEUIS3

Anything I'm missing or anything you'd delete?

Thanks!
Fergus
Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
Hi all,

I'm currently leasing a mostly-stock 911. I assumed in the next three years, I'd figure out exactly what I wanted, then order that car.

However, with the discussion about the all-turbo cars coming, I'm thinking I'm might do something sooner and order a GTS.

Since it would be my first time ordering a car, I'd love to get some feedback on the build. Here's the code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFVEUIS3

Anything I'm missing or anything you'd delete?

Thanks!
Fergus
Maybe order a GT4??
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
FergusH
Pro

A Cayman? I think my kids would kill me! Me: "Do you want to go home the quick way or the fun way?" Them: "Fun way! Fun way!"

A Cayman isn't an option until they are too big to fit in the back seats...
Old 02-20-2015, 01:45 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

I just ordered mine on Saturday, so I've been living on that configurator for two weeks.

I notice two small things: the free "Smokers Package" gives you a nice lid over the little "bin" at the back of the console, as well as a 12VDC inside. And it's free.

Also, the passenger footwell cargo net is nice for slipping some things in that are within reach of the driver, at least by feel. Also free.

I think the rear is visually enhanced by the ducktail, and for only $2000 (Sport Design package) vs. $3000 on non GTS, it's not a terrible value. But that's purely aesthetic.

I added Power Steering Plus ($270) because the "S" I test drove three different times had it and I liked the steering -- may have liked it more without PSP, but I knew I liked it with PSP.

I added PASM Sport ($870,iirc) because the one I tested had that, it didn't bother me even on some fairly harsh roads, and I could visually tell the difference with cars with just PASM, and I like the semi-slammed look.

And of course, you TOTALLY got the wrong interior and exterior colors, but that goes without saying.

Good luck!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 PM
FergusH
Pro

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I'll definitely make some changes - even if it's just for the free things! (That net would be a good iPhone holder.)
Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 328 Likes on 202 Posts

Nice build! Echo a few comments above to add the Smokers Package and Passenger Footwell Net for sure... I'd also suggest the PASM Sport as it resolves some of the excessive wheel gap. Ride quality is still excellent though.

You may also want to spend the small extra to get the backup camera, it is expensive to retro fit and only $650 to add to your build. If you listen to a lot of music well worth moving up to the Burmester system (trust me) but its a big jump obviously. You should certainly consider the Sport Design or Aerokit pkg too but that is more of a personal decision.

Also assume you purposely swapped out the alcantara wheel/shifter for leather?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 425 Posts

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension

^^^^^^^^
I like this and I think if I had to special order a 911 I would be mad at myself if I didn't get it.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice build.

Do you need the telephone module.
Basic cruise control can be handy.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S

^^^^^^^^
I like this and I think if I had to special order a 911 I would be mad at myself if I didn't get it.
I'd be mad at myself if I wasted my money on PDCC! YMMV but I agree with Sport PASM
Old 02-20-2015, 03:40 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S

^^^^^^^^
Actually, it doesn't unless you check the box for "PDCC plus SPASM"

You can get PASM, SPASM, PDCC all as standalone, or PDCC with SPASM. At least you could two weeks ago, before I ruled out PDCC after driving.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:40 PM
FergusH
Pro

Originally Posted by Vise
Also assume you purposely swapped out the alcantara wheel/shifter for leather?
Is that the option labelled "SportDesign Steering Wheel"? My current 911 - which is also a manual - has this and I like the look of it but I forgot that it's leather-covered. Do you know how I'd get the three-spoke silver wheel but in Alcantara?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:42 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'd be mad at myself if I wasted my money on PDCC! YMMV but I agree with Sport PASM
Ditto. I went in thinking I might want it, but to my butt, it's an artificial feel, devoid of some of the feedback I want to feel before all hell breaks loose. Plus, it's crazy expensive, and I'm not sure it does much of anything but make the driver feel like he's going faster through corners. But I could be wrong about that.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
FergusH
Pro

Ok, question about Sport PASM: in "Standard" mode, is the ride height of the car the same as a car without Sport PASM?

My current 911 came with the SportDesign Front Fascia and the resulting ride height and approach angle is about as low as I'm willing to put up with!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:54 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was afraid to ask when configuring my car. So many opinions. I'll show pics when it's delivered. Enjoy...
Old 02-20-2015, 03:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
Ok, question about Sport PASM: in "Standard" mode, is the ride height of the car the same as a car without Sport PASM? My current 911 came with the SportDesign Front Fascia and the resulting ride height and approach angle is about as low as I'm willing to put up with!
The SPASM is a set lower height.

It does not go up/down like the air suspension on other Porsche models (ex:Cayenne).

If you don't think you could live with lower than you have now, you might have to pass.

For me, Sport PASM is a must. Not for all I suppose.

Quick Reply: Feedback on a GTS order?