Sponsored by:

Vise's Sapphire Blue 991 GTS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

And 10 days later my first ticket.

Nothing major mind you... I was out for a nice cruise yesterday, spent roughly 2 hours up/down/across the city getting familiar with my GTS. I was around the corner from my house headed home and I passed a cop sitting at an intersection waiting to turn left from my right side. Wasn't speeding at all but as I passed I got immediately paranoid at not having a front plate... he definitely got a good look too.

Wasn't surprised to see him instead turn right to start following me... I was maybe 2 blocks from the alley that leads to my garage when he pulled me over. He was actually quite pleasant, he said 'Nice car' before letting me know that I was being pulled over for... my smoked license plate cover.

I had to laugh, I was positive it was because of the no front plate but instead my rear plate did me in. It is a $110 ticket (no demerit points) so no big deal. The cop was nice enough to subtly suggest that I request a meeting with prosecutor, bring in a pic of the car without the plate cover, and expect it to be thrown out. Luckily the courthouse isn't far so will be heading there in 6+ months or whenever the meeting is scheduled.

Could be worse... way worse.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
And 10 days later my first ticket. Nothing major mind you... I was out for a nice cruise yesterday, spent roughly 2 hours up/down/across the city getting familiar with my GTS. I was around the corner from my house headed home and I passed a cop sitting at an intersection waiting to turn left from my right side. Wasn't speeding at all but as I passed I got immediately paranoid at not having a front plate... he definitely got a good look too. Wasn't surprised to see him instead turn right to start following me... I was maybe 2 blocks from the alley that leads to my garage when he pulled me over. He was actually quite pleasant, he said 'Nice car' before letting me know that I was being pulled over for... my smoked license plate cover. I had to laugh, I was positive it was because of the no front plate but instead my rear plate did me in. It is a $110 ticket (no demerit points) so no big deal. The cop was nice enough to subtly suggest that I request a meeting with prosecutor, bring in a pic of the car without the plate cover, and expect it to be thrown out. Luckily the courthouse isn't far so will be heading there in 6+ months or whenever the meeting is scheduled. Could be worse... way worse.
Can't miss Sapphire Blue coming down the street!!

Had it been a Toyota Prius, it would have flown under the radar.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by STG991
Can't miss Sapphire Blue coming down the street!!

Had it been a Toyota Prius, it would have flown under the radar.
Yes indeed... that plus the sound coming out of the PSE didn't help.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Yes indeed... that plus the sound coming out of the PSE didn't help.
You should have nailed it!!!

He would have had no chance.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:52 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to see the aerokit cup on your GTS vise, it makes the GTS look much more unique in the back end - I have the same on my white GTS with sport PASM and centerlocks, but am fortunate enough to be enjoying fair driving weather on the coast!

Good to see the everyday and all-weather capabilities of the 991 being put to use!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Vise
Drifting

Birthday present time!

As if the car itself wasn't enough, grabbing a small couple things this week... open to suggestions on other must haves as well.

Air Force Master Blaster Car Dryer (courtesy of the wife)

Porsche Silver Sport Gas Cap

Porsche Umbrella

Porsche Mobil 1 Oil Bag
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTSwest
Nice to see the aerokit cup on your GTS vise, it makes the GTS look much more unique in the back end - I have the same on my white GTS with sport PASM and centerlocks, but am fortunate enough to be enjoying fair driving weather on the coast!

Good to see the everyday and all-weather capabilities of the 991 being put to use!
Thanks man! Aside from ground clearance the car has handled the snow, slush, and ridiculously cold temps just fine.

Where are the pics of your car? Post a thread so we can check it out!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I will try to get some up soon. With the limited inventory at most local OPC's, it is great to see fellow rennlisters post their GTS pictures - it is just that much more special than a C2S and is deserving of a consolidated picture thread.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Vise
Drifting

Picking up my stuff at the dealer today, happened across this baby in the showroom... absolute knockout in person, I drooled a little. For anyone in the GTA its at Pfaff Porsche and apparently sold for well over MSRP.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Weissach edition!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Weissach edition!
Yeah not positive but it could be... all I know is the MSRP was apparently $960k USD but it sold for a fair bit more.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Yeah not positive but it could be... all I know is the MSRP was apparently $960k USD but it sold for a fair bit more.
CF winglets at the rear ... Weissach Edition ... stunning stunning car
Old 03-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Vise
Drifting

Some pics from the detail on my car... if anyone in the GTA is looking for a detailer highly recommend Wes at Orion Detailing.

Originally Posted by Wes_R
We were eagerly anticipating this brand new 991 GTS with the Aero package since we learned of the deposit placed down before Christmas. This client has been with us for 5 years now and to see him work up to this has been a pleasure! The paint was not in bad shape and applying Opti Coat Primer via machine pretty much cleaned up the light swirling that was there.

Anyways on to the pics.

It looks like Camp 4 outside of the shop

Claybarring with the Nanoskin Mitt

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Opti Coat Primer

Applied by machine. I love the uniform look

Blurry polishing

Opti Coat Pro

Applied

Double checking our work

I love taking flake shots

And the finished shots

Looking forward to maintaining this one on an annual basis and I hope you enjoyed the pics!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

looks great!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received a surprise in the mail today from Porsche Canada... a nicely packaged 911 GTS hardcover book. At first I thought it would be the same as the hardcover brochure I had ordered off ebay but luckily it was not... some basic details/marketing verbiage on the GTS along with a few interviews with GTS 'influencers' or something like that.

Either way, a nice add to the collection... couple pics:

Quick Reply: Vise's Sapphire Blue 991 GTS thread