Sponsored by:

Vise's Sapphire Blue 991 GTS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Thanks Larry. I don't think anything had to be cut off to install as my shop would have informed me before doing so. I will confirm during pickup today though.
that would be great to know, a number of people on RL have been wondering since the similar Elephant kit requires the perch to be angle ground off the
body of the OEM shock I believe...

I've thought about those TPC anti-roll bars trust me... we'll see.
I would have bought them already, but TPC designed (and has only installed) these for the coupe, which is much stiffer than the Cabriolet chassis ...

a nice set of Tarrett camberplates would have been a great addition to your car while you had the struts out for the H.A.S!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

pictures, and thoughts on the H.A.S and MPSC2's?

your fans are waiting!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
pictures, and thoughts on the H.A.S and MPSC2's?

your fans are waiting!
Pics coming soon, sorry was out of town last night and sadly we drove the wife's car.

Suffice to say the car looks completely badass + awesome, the meatier (more square) MPSC2 tires and the lowered suspension combine to make it look beastly. The ride is also very, very nice... very smooth on the highway and not noticeably harsher on broken pavement. I'm sure the DSC V2 is helping in that regard too. Will go for a longer spin after dinner and add additional thoughts. I'm going to get the car corner balanced as well in the next couple weeks (before the next track day) so that should help even further.

Also massive reduction in tire noise too, the P Zeros are loud as hell but the Michelin's are very quiet thankfully... big thumbs up all around, aside from the cost all of the mods are very highly recommended!

And to your earlier question about the spring perch, nothing was cut from the OEM strut and it is completely/100% reversible back to stock.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Pics coming soon, sorry was out of town last night and sadly we drove the wife's car.

Suffice to say the car looks completely badass + awesome, the meatier (more square) MPSC2 tires and the lowered suspension combine to make it look beastly. The ride is also very, very nice... very smooth on the highway and not noticeably harsher on broken pavement. I'm sure the DSC V2 is helping in that regard too. Will go for a longer spin after dinner and add additional thoughts. I'm going to get the car corner balanced as well in the next couple weeks (before the next track day) so that should help even further.

Also massive reduction in tire noise too, the P Zeros are loud as hell but the Michelin's are very quiet thankfully... big thumbs up all around, aside from the cost all of the mods are very highly recommended!

And to your earlier question about the spring perch, nothing was cut from the OEM strut and it is completely/100% reversible back to stock.
excellent
Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

This is great news good to know, no cutting! I don't know whats up with those pics from elephant racing.

I ordered the kit from autotalent a week or two ago but it's on back order so I'm anxiously waiting. I've never been disappointed with any of my suspension kits from KW. The last being the HAS (called sleeve-over) kit on my M3.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
I ordered the kit from autotalent a week or two ago but it's on back order so I'm anxiously waiting. I've never been disappointed with any of my suspension kits from KW. The last being the HAS (called sleeve-over) kit on my M3.
Nice one, I think you'll be very pleased! My kit took a while to arrive from Germany, 3-4 weeks at least but worth the wait.

Couple of pics from my after dinner drive... lighting isn't the best but you get the idea. LOVE how it rides/handles too, super flat and grip from the Cup 2s is fantastic. Can't wait for the next track day in mid-August at Calabogie.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 754 Posts

Nicely lowered. Looks great. Assume you are getting a lot more scrapes than you did before.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh damn that looks good. You just made my wait time feel twice as long.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Oh damn that looks good. You just made my wait time feel twice as long.
Thanks man. I need to get a proper photo shoot done, clearly my phone cam pics aren't doing it justice. Looks angry in person.

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Nicely lowered. Looks great. Assume you are getting a lot more scrapes than you did before.
Not so far but I suspect you will be correct. I can hear the plastic piece underneath the front lightly scraping over bumps in my alleyway but otherwise have been fine so far. Good news is I'm going to have my shop adjust the ride height for the winter so no issues with clearance when it is a bit messy out.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

just wait until the MPSC2's heat cycle ...
Old 07-25-2016, 12:40 PM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

That looks perfect! How do you manage driveway's. I scrape my GT3 lip everywhere despite how hard I try.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:13 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Been following this thread for awhile: Your car is GORGEOUS, and just how I would build a 991 GTS if I had the opportunity.

Just saw this car for sale listed on Porsche's USA CPO site. Looks like it could be your twin: certainly can't be a lot of Sapphire Blue Aerokit cup GTS' running around. If only I had $130k burning a hole in my pocket

http://www.leithporsche.com/used-Ral...e+Carrera+GTS-
Old 07-27-2016, 06:03 AM
ccjin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well Done Vise --- your car looks so good

lowering the 991 changes a lot
Old 07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 604 Likes on 357 Posts

WOW!

Nice one, I think you'll be very pleased! My kit took a while to arrive from Germany, 3-4 weeks at least but worth the wait.

Couple of pics from my after dinner drive... lighting isn't the best but you get the idea. LOVE how it rides/handles too, super flat and grip from the Cup 2s is fantastic. Can't wait for the next track day in mid-August at Calabogie.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Really love the look!
How much more adjustment is left?
Is there any bounce or feel a difference from stock in regular driving?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vise's Sapphire Blue 991 GTS thread