Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:36 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Tim,
Thanks, will do. I painted the hubs on my 997.2S silver for the same reason. Looks very nice. Doubt this sale is going to happen and to be honest, after discovering how much heavier the ST wheels are than the new Classics, it doesn't matter that much to me anymore. And they have grown on me although they are not on the car at the moment. Have Sottozero for winter on old 19" classics. Thx again.
Rob,

I you keep the Classics, you could probably paint the hubs silver to play off the face of the spokes. I think that would look good.

BTW, I like the Sport Techno wheels a lot. They look good, aren't real busy, and as an added bonus, it appears that they would be easy to clean.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:21 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Rob,

I you keep the Classics, you could probably paint the hubs silver to play off the face of the spokes. I think that would look good.

BTW, I like the Sport Techno wheels a lot. They look good, aren't real busy, and as an added bonus, it appears that they would be easy to clean.
Tim,
I will definitely do that (paint the hub silver or maybe gray as the inner portion of the Classic wheel is gray). I like the simplicity of the ST wheels and they are way easier to clean than the Classics. I can drive a dirty car (have to sometimes) but not dirty wheels😃! Thanks.

Quick Reply: Wheel swap