Sponsored by:

Wheel swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Wheel swap

I recently traded my 997.2 for a '13 C4s. I like everything about the car except not a fan of the "Classics" wheels. I really like the Sport Techno wheels. I found a WB set on EBAy. Are my Classics in high demand/desirable? What are they worth in perfect condition and painted center caps? Any one out there interested in a swap plus some cash? Thx.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:05 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are very desirable. I looked into actually getting some "Carrera Classic II" wheels (I think that's what you are referring to) when I first got my 991, and generally the price for a nearly perfect set (you can sell them with the tires on or off) was somewhere between $3-4K or so. I think that is a fair range to look for. I bet if you put them on eBay (where I primarily looked) and asked for $3K you could easily sell them. If you are pushing for $4K, you may have to do some negotiating.

If you are serious about selling them, I may still have an interest! I am thinking that come spring, I may want to have a new set of rims to put my summer tires back on as I put winter tires on the wheels that came with my car...
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 AM
dwhorton
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No swap, but I might be interested in an outright purchase for my '13 C4S. Would you be including tires and/or TPMS sensors? Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:34 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dr.alexs
I think they are very desirable. I looked into actually getting some "Carrera Classic II" wheels (I think that's what you are referring to) when I first got my 991, and generally the price for a nearly perfect set (you can sell them with the tires on or off) was somewhere between $3-4K or so. I think that is a fair range to look for. I bet if you put them on eBay (where I primarily looked) and asked for $3K you could easily sell them. If you are pushing for $4K, you may have to do some negotiating.

If you are serious about selling them, I may still have an interest! I am thinking that come spring, I may want to have a new set of rims to put my summer tires back on as I put winter tires on the wheels that came with my car...
I am serious! Give me $3k before I put them on eBay and they are your's☺️. They are WB Classics with the gray inner part painted. They are on my Avatar. No scratches or issues. Painter center caps inc but I need/will keep my TPMS and the P-zero tires on them are worn out.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dwhorton
No swap, but I might be interested in an outright purchase for my '13 C4S. Would you be including tires and/or TPMS sensors? Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.
I did PM you earlier today, after I saw your message.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:20 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
I am serious! Give me $3k before I put them on eBay and they are your's☺️. They are WB Classics with the gray inner part painted. They are on my Avatar. No scratches or issues. Painter center caps inc but I need/will keep my TPMS and the P-zero tires on them are worn out.
Rob - I'm not sure how to PM...can you send me specifics of the wheels? Diameter, width, and offset..? Would want to make sure they will fit. I have a '13 C4S.
Also, what is meant by "WB"? In your avatar they look like the Carerra Classic II wheels - is that correct?
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2015, 12:34 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Rob - I'm not sure how to PM...can you send me specifics of the wheels? Diameter, width, and offset..? Would want to make sure they will fit. I have a '13 C4S.
Also, what is meant by "WB"? In your avatar they look like the Carerra Classic II wheels - is that correct?
Thanks!
Dr. alexs

WB means wide body 911 which are C4 and C4Sm as well as Targa 4 and 4S, all GTS variants , and Turbos.

Here are the specs from from the Suncoast Porsche web site concerning the Carrera Classic wheels for the new generation 991 models, 2012.5 or newer.

Size: Carrera 4/Carrera 4S

----------- Wheels ---- // ---- Tires ----
Front - 8.5 x 20 ET51 - 245/35 ZR 20
Rear - 11 x 20 ET52 - 305/30 ZR 20
Old 02-04-2015, 07:05 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
Dr.
Gota911 has it all correct above re the wheels and the widebody fitment. Mine is a '13 C4s too. The tires only have minimal life (2-3k) and the painted center caps are included, but not the TPMS. $3k.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:15 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

Ok. Got it. Sounds like they would fit then.
Any pictures? Nicks/scrapes/road rash?
Anyone know how much the TPMS sensors would be?
And shipping - KY to MD?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Ok. Got it. Sounds like they would fit then.
Any pictures? Nicks/scrapes/road rash?
Anyone know how much the TPMS sensors would be?
And shipping - KY to MD?
Dr.
TPMS are available from OEWheels.com for about $150 inc shipping.
If I ship just the wheels (recommend for you as you have summer tires and mine only have 6/32F and 4/32R tread left on P-zeros), I'm guessing under $200. Give me a zip code and I will give you an exact quote. They are in perfect condition and never been touched up or any issues. I will include a pic of one here so you can see the Classics up close. I will have to go and take pics of all of them and upload. Will do that if you really want me too. I want to be honest, I am having second thoughts in selling so we need to hurry a bit😄!

Old 02-05-2015, 06:00 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Dr.
Turns out I was below the TPMS estimate. Last time I bought them in 2013 the 433mhz (what our cars use) were $140 and about $10 shipping. They are now double that. So I will lower my price for the wheels by $150, to $2850 plus shipping. Just let me know. One caveat too: I am looking at some Sport Techno wheels in black to help set off my silver car with the black top. If they sell from under me, I'm no longer selling these classics. Thanks,
Rob

To all others, I would keep this a PM but the Dr isn't checked out😀
Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Dr.
TPMS are available from OEWheels.com for about $150 inc shipping...

Rob

If you are getting black wheels, I suggest you paint the hub of the brake rotor black, preferably in a gloss finish. That way you won't see the crappy flat gray paint that on the hubs, which will be more noticeable with black wheels. I takes about two minutes per wheel to sand off the existing paint from the hub. You could either spray the paint on the hubs or use a brush to paint them.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:05 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Rob

If you are getting black wheels, I suggest you paint the hub of the brake rotor black, preferably in a gloss finish. That way you won't see the crappy flat gray paint that on the hubs, which will be more noticeable with black wheels. I takes about two minutes per wheel to sand off the existing paint from the hub. You could either spray the paint on the hubs or use a brush to paint them.
Tim,
Thanks, will do. I painted the hubs on my 997.2S silver for the same reason. Looks very nice. Doubt this sale is going to happen and to be honest, after discovering how much heavier the ST wheels are than the new Classics, it doesn't matter that much to me anymore. And they have grown on me although they are not on the car at the moment. Have Sottozero for winter on old 19" classics. Thx again.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:33 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

Rob - Just figured out the PM thing. Check your messages and email me.
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:42 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Rob - Just figured out the PM thing. Check your messages and email me.
Thanks!
I emailed you back Dr.
Rob

Quick Reply: Wheel swap