Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Plus activates more than just basic PASM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:56 AM
porschechiq
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Plus activates more than just basic PASM?

I have the sport chrono mode.

I did a test of Sport Button with the PASM on, and the Sport Plus (which turns on PASM)

And in regards to the suspension, I feel like the Sport Plus does something more, in addition to the PASM. Can anyone confirm?

I know Sport Plus changes shift points and fuel/throttle response and turns on PASM but is there something else?
Old 12-14-2014, 03:05 AM
Pez D. Spencer
Advanced

Dynamic engine mounts?
Old 12-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Will DXB
Intermediate

From the Good to Know app:
Old 12-14-2014, 04:42 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Two new ones there nobody's mentioned before!

1. when switched on at less than 25 mph accelerator function doesn't change unless you either floor it or lift all the way off the throttle.

2. "rpm limiter characterisitic is "harder"" strongly implies the rev limiter in normal kicks in soft below redline.

Funny how with all the people driving around shifting manually nobody's noticed this before.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:16 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks to Will DBX for the clarification. But now I'm confused - is there a "PTV" and a "PTV plus" option, and if so, what's the difference? My car has PTV... no plus (AFAIK).

Now that I think about it, this is another good example of why the answer may not apply to the OP's question, and why it is so important that everyone put in their location in their profile! A question answered by someone in Europe may not be the same answer as someone in North America. Or USA versus Canada, for that matter, eh?

Or UAE.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Will DXB
Intermediate

Hi MJBird

If I understand correctly., manual transmission cars have "PTV" (braking intervention in conjunction with mechanical diff lock), while PDK cars have 'PTV Plus', (braking intervention in conjunction with electronic diff lock). It seems only 'PTV Plus' changes when Sport Plus is switched on.

Your question about regional differences may be a valid one, but I would expect the mechanical features to be the same regardless of the market in which it is sold, while 'packaging' of optional features certainly differs between markets.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Will DXB
Hi MJBird

If I understand correctly., manual transmission cars have "PTV" (braking intervention in conjunction with mechanical diff lock), while PDK cars have 'PTV Plus', (braking intervention in conjunction with electronic diff lock). It seems only 'PTV Plus' changes when Sport Plus is switched on.

Your question about regional differences may be a valid one, but I would expect the mechanical features to be the same regardless of the market in which it is sold, while 'packaging' of optional features certainly differs between markets.
+1
Old 12-15-2014, 09:43 PM
porschechiq
Intermediate

I think it might be the Dynamic Engine Mount.

I feel like with the SPort Plus + PASM, the rear end gets even lighter, more balanced, less weight...

Even more so than Regular Sport button + PASM
Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by porschechiq
I think it might be the Dynamic Engine Mount.

I feel like with the SPort Plus + PASM, the rear end gets even lighter, more balanced, less weight...

Even more so than Regular Sport button + PASM
remember pretty much *every* system on the car that is "variable", is affected by Sport, Sport+ settings; PADM, PASM, PSM, PSE, PDK, PTV+, engine/fuel maps ...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 12-16-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport Plus activates more than just basic PASM?