Evo compares GTS to MB AMG-GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,456 Likes on 2,259 Posts
Default Evo compares GTS to MB AMG-GT

http://www.evo.co.uk/mercedes/amg-gt...vs-porsche-911

looks like the Jan issue contains this comparison (and the AMG wins)
Old 12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Relax Larry, evo is part of the presstitute media shilling for the manufacturers. All this means is Porsche wouldn't pay them enough. All these big media outlets are good for any more is advertising. Anyone seriously wants to know what's going on already knows to watch the Getawayer, Chris Harris, etc. Of course the guys like the Getawayer who tell the truth don't always tell you what you want to hear (the GTS is just a 911S) but at least then if they say its better than a Mercedes you know you can believe it. Drive your GTS with pride. Just don't get sucked into any running roll-offs with the AMG! Dust him in the canyons. More fun anyway.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Looks like Auto Express tagged along on the same trip...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...orsche-911-gts

As for the results, not concerned... no doubt the AMG GT is a nice car but its not a 911. Plus no rear seats means it is not an option for me at this point. From what I can tell it will be even more expensive than the GTS here in Canada too but remains to be seen...
Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuck911
Relax Larry, evo is part of the presstitute media shilling for the manufacturers. All this means is Porsche wouldn't pay them enough. All these big media outlets are good for any more is advertising. Anyone seriously wants to know what's going on already knows to watch the Getawayer, Chris Harris, etc. Of course the guys like the Getawayer who tell the truth don't always tell you what you want to hear (the GTS is just a 911S) but at least then if they say its better than a Mercedes you know you can believe it. Drive your GTS with pride. Just don't get sucked into any running roll-offs with the AMG! Dust him in the canyons. More fun anyway.
conspiracy theory!!!

Evo must be an AMG lover like JC... frankly you couldn't give me one... there is nothing about the M-B/AMG brand that excites/attracts me.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

But the GTS just beat the Merc in a Road & Track review. You just have to read into it and see what it is you want in a car. Brute force and very good handling = AMG (assuming you like how it looks). Precision and amazing handling = Porsche. Add to that heritage, better looking (IMO), availability of manual, then it's a no brainer. And actually as long as Porsche is the only one offering manual, that will be the only choice for me.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Looks like Auto Express tagged along on the same trip...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...orsche-911-gts

As for the results, not concerned... no doubt the AMG GT is a nice car but its not a 911. Plus no rear seats means it is not an option for me at this point. From what I can tell it will be even more expensive than the GTS here in Canada too but remains to be seen...
looks like the same, or nearly the same photos!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shaytun
But the GTS just beat the Merc in a Road & Track review. You just have to read into it and see what it is you want in a car. Brute force and very good handling = AMG (assuming you like how it looks). Precision and amazing handling = Porsche. Add to that heritage, better looking (IMO), availability of manual, then it's a no brainer. And actually as long as Porsche is the only one offering manual, that will be the only choice for me.
+1
Old 12-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

beat in what? For all of these articles, including the ones where the GTS wins, who knows what they mean. "Beat" is a very subjective term.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sharm
beat in what? For all of these articles, including the ones where the GTS wins, who knows what they mean. "Beat" is a very subjective term.
guess we need to read the articles!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
IRguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do need rear seats, so it is quite easy for me to choose. (If you do not need rear seats then I would go with the C7 Z06)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:52 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Waiting for the EVO video comparison... What's this reading articles business. Give me sounds motion, some sounds, some tire shredding.

Quick Reply: Evo compares GTS to MB AMG-GT