Sponsored by:

PADM Disabled Dash Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Madisongy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dynamic engine mount replaced

Mount arrived 14 days after order, so that was not bad. 16 more days to get the service appointment. Mount replacement took 1:45. They did not remove the bumper. I saw them remove the spoiler and the air intake/fans. Sat down for a while and when I went back to see the bumper removed, the spoiler was back on and hood was down. They told me finished. Apparently he was able to reach down from the top to get to the mount. I'll have to check that out next time I do an oil change.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Shotigian
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Madisongy
Thanks for the info Car25. Just got this message popping up on my 2015 C2S, PDK, Sport Chrono, 6600 miles. Interesting we have similar vehicles, other than the tranny. I'll have to run over to the dealer on this issue. I got mine with 112 miles on it as a CPO, so hopefully all covered under warranty.
I also have a 2015 C2S, sport chrono , 19000 miles and change, and just today the warning came up. I guess it's off to the dealer again...
Old 05-23-2020, 02:59 AM
GT3 Monnnnstahhh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just FYI

At the dealer today, the left mount is defective and they will reorder. Absolutely refused to do both sides. Finally talked the Serv Mgr into discussing the issue with Porsche, but I doubt this will bear fruit. Part must be ordered from Germany, and is on backorder so cannot give me a date. Nice !!
Oh, and purchased the filter from them and did my own oil change. Requested a maint warning reset, and refused that as well. "Porsche will not allow us to do that". Nice !!
Honestly I’ve been in the same boat but it makes sense that they won’t reset the light for you for the simple fact if something goes wrong and Porsche sees that dealer cleared the light without them doing the service they would be responsible. Also don’t buy an expensive car if you can’t afford the service. The risk is too high to do my own service and it’s good for warranty.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:42 PM
65cobra
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I've seen stories where the second one frequently goes bad after they replace the first. So not only dealing with the delay waiting for them to get the part in from backorder in Germany, but I don't necessarily like the fact that I've got some yokel wrenching on the car for a second time either. This seems like a pretty straightforward job though, so hopefully they put everything back in place properly. (I'd love to do it myself, but don't want to buy the $1410/ea mounts)
lol that just means they guessed the wrong one

Quick Reply: PADM Disabled Dash Warning