Sponsored by:

PADM Disabled Dash Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Car25
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default PADM Disabled Dash Warning

I was out on a spirited drive this morning and the warning popped up on the screen. I know it has to do with the dynamic engine mounts but before I take it in for service has anyone has this warning?

My car is a 2015 C2S, 7MT, sports chrono, 2800 miles.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 10:35 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Need more info. What does PADM stand for? How's the health of your battery? How many volts when engine running? How many volts with ignition on, and engine NOT running, and do the volts hold steady or drop off?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

PADM or PASM or PDCC?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:34 AM
LexVan
Banned

On a spirited drive, if you get too sideways or have excessive tire spin, you'll get a PSM (Porsche Stability Management, aka, please save me) warning too. Normal.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Car25
Instructor

PADM stands for Porsche Active Drivetrain Mount. The option comes with the sports chrono package.
I tried a few on/off cycles of the ignition but the warning still comes up when the car is started.
I scheduled my first trip to the dealer to resolve this week.
I found a similar issue noted on the GT3 forum but no real info was given.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Car25
Instructor

UPDATE:
Dealer says the driver's side engine mount failed. New mount on order for Monday fix.
At least I get to enjoy the Boxter loaner with the top down this weekend!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Car25
UPDATE:
Dealer says the driver's side engine mount failed. New mount on order for Monday fix.
At least I get to enjoy the Boxter loaner with the top down this weekend!
Thanks for the update. Now hammer the Boxster. It's a great Porsche.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Car25
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Thanks for the update. Now hammer the Boxster. It's a great Porsche.
Hammer I will!
So far the Boxter seems well built, balanced, and handles neutral around the corners. I was unable so far to get it to slide.
On the other hand the motor sounds and feels like a Honda when you floor it - lots of noise but hardly any torque or feeling of acceleration. The HP and 0-60 numbers are similar to my 993 but the Boxter is not as fun to drive or hear, maybe partly due to the PDK in the Boxter and that my 993 has better low end torque. For me the PDK is a bore, too much like a sedan. A turbo Boxter with a MT might be the ticket!
Old 10-21-2017, 12:46 AM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info. did the Dealer say why the mount failed?

and when it fails does it default to soft or stiff?

Thanks, a guy I know just had his fail.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Madisongy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info Car25. Just got this message popping up on my 2015 C2S, PDK, Sport Chrono, 6600 miles. Interesting we have similar vehicles, other than the tranny. I'll have to run over to the dealer on this issue. I got mine with 112 miles on it as a CPO, so hopefully all covered under warranty.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Madisongy
Advanced

At the dealer today, the left mount is defective and they will reorder. Absolutely refused to do both sides. Finally talked the Serv Mgr into discussing the issue with Porsche, but I doubt this will bear fruit. Part must be ordered from Germany, and is on backorder so cannot give me a date. Nice !!
Oh, and purchased the filter from them and did my own oil change. Requested a maint warning reset, and refused that as well. "Porsche will not allow us to do that". Nice !!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:33 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Madisongy
At the dealer today, the left mount is defective and they will reorder. Absolutely refused to do both sides. Finally talked the Serv Mgr into discussing the issue with Porsche, but I doubt this will bear fruit. Part must be ordered from Germany, and is on backorder so cannot give me a date. Nice !!
Oh, and purchased the filter from them and did my own oil change. Requested a maint warning reset, and refused that as well. "Porsche will not allow us to do that". Nice !!
Sorry to hear. Some dealers are just nicer and doing stuff like that. I'm spoiled.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Madisongy
Advanced

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Sorry to hear. Some dealers are just nicer and doing stuff like that. I'm spoiled.
HA!!! Indeed you are! Apparently, they don't mind "getting in trouble" with Porsche.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:20 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

I had one fail and they replaced it. Went to pick it up and the warning came on again driving away from the dealer. Turned back around and they said the other one went. Got it replaced under CPO. Easy $1500 each one if I had to pay for it. Hoping this isn't the Achilles heal. Changeover valves is the other thing that seems to go, but at $40 each, I'll take that for the lifetime of the car, but not the PADM. Funny thing is I had the warning originally on and off for several months and couldn't tell a difference in handling/performance. You must really have to be getting on it to feel a difference. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Madisongy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I had one fail and they replaced it. Went to pick it up and the warning came on again driving away from the dealer. Turned back around and they said the other one went. Got it replaced under CPO. .
Yes, I've seen stories where the second one frequently goes bad after they replace the first. So not only dealing with the delay waiting for them to get the part in from backorder in Germany, but I don't necessarily like the fact that I've got some yokel wrenching on the car for a second time either. This seems like a pretty straightforward job though, so hopefully they put everything back in place properly. (I'd love to do it myself, but don't want to buy the $1410/ea mounts)

Quick Reply: PADM Disabled Dash Warning