Sponsored by:

My GTS 4 Coupe build.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts
Default My GTS 4 Coupe build.

Has been cancelled. By me. After 3 delays on a PTS build (starting in July) followed by yesterday's news, I cancelled the order today. My dealer was able to get a base TT slot for March delivery that I took. I'll post the build in the TT section later.
If anyone is looking for an available GTS 4 Coupe build, call Porsche North Olmstead (Cleveland area) at 440-716-2720 and ask for Chad (the GM). He has been very accommodating during my months long struggle to get a car built in PTS and worked quickly to get the TT allocation for me.
I'm not sure when this slot will now freeze; we had planned on a February build during the now evaporated "next" PTS cycle. But he does have the allocation open as of 4 hours ago.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Has been cancelled. By me. After 3 delays on a PTS build (starting in July) followed by yesterday's news, I cancelled the order today. My dealer was able to get a base TT slot for March delivery that I took. I'll post the build in the TT section later.
If anyone is looking for an available GTS 4 Coupe build, call Porsche North Olmstead (Cleveland area) at 440-716-2720 and ask for Chad (the GM). He has been very accommodating during my months long struggle to get a car built in PTS and worked quickly to get the TT allocation for me.
I'm not sure when this slot will now freeze; we had planned on a February build during the now evaporated "next" PTS cycle. But he does have the allocation open as of 4 hours ago.
So what color with you with for your Turbo?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
So what color with you with for your Turbo?
Anthracite with Espresso/Cognac and deviating carpet in Espresso.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Sweet.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:52 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. What was yesterday's new exactly? Are you talking about the front hood/trunk latch recall?
Old 11-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kaution321
Sorry to hear about the cancellation. What was yesterday's new exactly? Are you talking about the front hood/trunk latch recall?
Porsche cancelled all existing paint to sample orders not built by December for the rest of MY '15. I had a February build PTS scheduled.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:07 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

That'll be impressive. In spite of its truly awe inspiring performance the Turbo has always seemed to me to be the most refined 911 model on which the more refined finishes work best. That also is one of the things that turns some guys off, the way the car is so crazy fast yet handles all that speed with such utter aplomb, and they want something more noisy, rough and raw. But I assume you drove one enough to be won over to the, shall we say, dark side?
Old 11-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuck911
That'll be impressive. In spite of its truly awe inspiring performance the Turbo has always seemed to me to be the most refined 911 model on which the more refined finishes work best. That also is one of the things that turns some guys off, the way the car is so crazy fast yet handles all that speed with such utter aplomb, and they want something more noisy, rough and raw. But I assume you drove one enough to be won over to the, shall we say, dark side?
There were no TTs available to drive. They seem to be making a lot more TTSs than TTs. I drove a TTS on three separate occasions (the last time for 2 blocks to audition the Burmester next to the BOSE, which was almost laughable with high quality CDs) and mentally tried to subtract 40 HP. I didn't want CLs or ceramic brakes, so I wasn't interested in a TTS at the +$30K. So I'm taking a leap of faith of sorts, but it can't be that slow with 520 HP.
In all fairness, I also didn't get to drive a C4S with X51 either but my GTS build was at the base price of a TT. The dealer found me an allocation with an early spring delivery, so I'm forging ahead, my extreme disappointment about the PTS debacle aside. I even thought about switching brands, but there's really nothing that compares as far as performance, reliability and dealer network around here.
I prefer faster and quiet to loud and less fast. I will miss a MT, but my wife and kids can't drive a stick anyhow. This way my wife can help drive on road trips.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:42 AM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

There were no TTs available to drive. They seem to be making a lot more TTSs than TTs. I drove a TTS on three separate occasions (the last time for 2 blocks to audition the Burmester next to the BOSE, which was almost laughable with high quality CDs) and mentally tried to subtract 40 HP. I didn't want CLs or ceramic brakes, so I wasn't interested in a TTS at the +$30K. So I'm taking a leap of faith of sorts, but it can't be that slow with 520 HP. In all fairness, I also didn't get to drive a C4S with X51 either but my GTS build was at the base price of a TT. The dealer found me an allocation with an early spring delivery, so I'm forging ahead, my extreme disappointment about the PTS debacle aside. I even thought about switching brands, but there's really nothing that compares as far as performance, reliability and dealer network around here. I prefer faster and quiet to loud and less fast. I will miss a MT, but my wife and kids can't drive a stick anyhow. This way my wife can help drive on road trips.
So I take it delivery should be April or May? In time for summer.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

So I take it delivery should be April or May? In time for summer.
Dealer is quoting February-March delivery. Order freezes in the next week or so. I may not have this correct, but I believe it was an "extra" one he "found" through PCNA after all the troubles I had with PTS. When I first asked about the change, he said he had no TT allocations and only one TTS allocation that wasn't spoken for into the 2nd quarter of '15, but he would try to get one.
When we were talking in his office, it seemed like the car had already been "built" and ? cancelled/changed to another model. As he went through my list he would say "steering column casing in leather - already there. Not too much to change".
With our weather, I won't have any need for it before ? March/April/May (it was 17 this AM with snow on the ground), but he'll hold it until we get the first nice day after it arrives.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:53 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Dealer is quoting February-March delivery. Order freezes in the next week or so. I may not have this correct, but I believe it was an "extra" one he "found" through PCNA after all the troubles I had with PTS. When I first asked about the change, he said he had no TT allocations and only one TTS allocation that wasn't spoken for into the 2nd quarter of '15, but he would try to get one. When we were talking in his office, it seemed like the car had already been "built" and ? cancelled/changed to another model. As he went through my list he would say "steering column casing in leather - already there. Not too much to change". With our weather, I won't have any need for it before ? March/April/May (it was 17 this AM with snow on the ground), but he'll hold it until we get the first nice day after it arrives.
What are you driving in the mean time while you wait?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

What are you driving in the mean time while you wait?
My '08 double cab short bed Tundra. Pre-traded my Boxster S 4/30/14.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

You have to be counting the days... I have a late April delivery on my 911 C2S and the anticipation is killing me.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

You have to be counting the days... I have a late April delivery on my 911 C2S and the anticipation is killing me.
tell me about it, late Apr build, ED in May ... tick tock tick tock
Old 11-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I'm old. Time goes fast. It's bow hunting season until February, which is far more important to me than what car I drive. Plus the weather will be awful most of the time until April or so.
I'm looking forward to my first turbo since '96, but I know the time will fly...

Quick Reply: My GTS 4 Coupe build.