Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Find the black decklid of the GTS ugly? There might be a factory way out for you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:22 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Find the black decklid of the GTS ugly? There might be a factory way out for you.

However: I do wonder if the graphic on the GTS SD package is correct, it somehow seems a bit inconsistent to revert to painting part of the rear section again when optioning an SD package. And inconsistency is not something that exists in Porsches vocabulary.
What do you guys make of this?
Old 11-02-2014, 04:03 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

The Sport Design rear spoiler includes a new engine cover. If it kept the grille type engine cover then yes it would have to be black or it would be inconsistent. But its not a grille, its louvers, whole different story. And they did keep the grille between the brake lights black. That grille of course is there because all the wide body cars use either the grille or a reflector there (to help people recognize what would otherwise be an insignificantly wider rear end, for which people paid a lot of money, so got to make sure people can tell without a tape measure). So it all seems perfectly consistent to me.

Now you want to talk inconsistent, how about giving a whole model name to what is really just an options package???
Old 11-02-2014, 04:55 AM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Black engine cover and rear strip of GTS look really cool to me. At least, they look much better than the bling-bling Chrome engine cover of the 50. So why would anyone change it via SD package, unless he really needs the ducktail?

This Black engine cover will go especially well with the Black glass sunroof or the Black cabriolet top. This black-and-black combination will look natural and so cool.

Last edited by coxswain; 11-02-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:37 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coxswain
The Black engine cover and rear strip of GTS look really cool to me. At least, they look much better than the bling-bling Chrome engine cover of the 50. So why would anyone change it via SD package, unless he really needs the ducktail? This Black engine cover will go especially well with the Black glass sunroof.
+ 1
Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 AM
findtom
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

If anyone wants to swap their black cover for a standard white one let me know! I love the black cover and might just order one for my C2....
Old 11-02-2014, 09:37 AM
blinsc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuck911
Now you want to talk inconsistent, how about giving a whole model name to what is really just an options package???
The model name is 911. Everything else is the trim.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Also note that the SD pkg on the GTS is only around $2k since its simply the ducktail
Old 11-02-2014, 04:16 PM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Originally Posted by blinsc
The model name is 911. Everything else is the trim.

Good entertainment over here gents.

Quick Reply: Find the black decklid of the GTS ugly? There might be a factory way out for you.