Sponsored by:

And another... my tentative Sapphire Blue GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Congratulations.....I am too in the process of ordering the GTS-4 to replace my 2013 911 4S. I am going with a manual transmission since my GT3 is already with PDK-s. I have been battling over the color, and the sport suspension. I want the car to be firm but not too harsh. Surprisingly my GT3, and although has very firm suspension, it absorbs the road bumps better than my 911 (991) 4S which has standard suspension, so I am not sure about the sport suspension and would like to hear from people who have a sport suspension on 991 911. As for the color, I really like your spphire blue selection, but how do you think it would look with the black turbo wheels. Do you think the combo of Sapphire blue and black rims look ok? And have you seen any pictures with this combination... Your thoughts please... Mark
blue with black wheels works ... c.f:

Old 10-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
pretty much every GTS build posted is Sapphire Blue!!!!
Hahah yeah I noticed the same... I don't see too many 991's in Sapphire Blue but looks like that is about to change soon.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just placed my order yesterday.

GT Silver, although blue was one of the considerations.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Congrats on the order. So much for my rare Sapphire blue car. Just kidding. It's an awesome color. That photo posted isn't very accurate. Click my signature to see a bunch of photos of the color.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vetsky
I just placed my order yesterday.

GT Silver, although blue was one of the considerations.
that would be my 2nd choice
Old 10-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Money2536
Congrats on the order. So much for my rare Sapphire blue car. Just kidding. It's an awesome color. That photo posted isn't very accurate. Click my signature to see a bunch of photos of the color.
S T U N N I N G!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Vise
Drifting

Update in status... from tentative to deposit placed.

Finalized my build earlier today (below), looking at a February allocation with delivery in late March/early April. Excited is an understatement.

2015 911 Carrera GTS
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smooth-finish leather
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Premium Package Plus in conjunction w/Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
BOSE Audio Package
Aerokit Cup
Electric sunroof
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
PASM Sport Suspension
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels, painted in Black
Luggage net passenger footwell
Smoking package
Centre console trim painted
Interior package painted

Only one change, I went with the full leather interior with the ventilated seats... before today wasn't aware that you could get the Alcantara interior (wheel, shifter, doors, lower dash, A pillars, headliner) with the leather seats. Best of both worlds IMO as I really wanted the ventilated seats but also like the looks of the Alcantara trim... sat in a Cayman GTS at the dealer and it is really nice. Now onto the long wait and obsessing reading this and other forums.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Hah, sure is... I think it is a stunning colour and this pic of a Carrera 4S with Aerokit had me sold.

This is Aqua Blue.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Galion
This is Aqua Blue.
Yep I realized that but still love Sapphire Blue, it is a bit lighter but still has great metallic pop. Saw a Boxster S in Sapphire Blue today and it looked amazing.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:17 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Only one change, I went with the full leather interior with the ventilated seats... before today wasn't aware that you could get the Alcantara interior (wheel, shifter, doors, lower dash, A pillars, headliner) with the leather seats. Best of both worlds IMO as I really wanted the ventilated seats but also like the looks of the Alcantara trim... sat in a Cayman GTS at the dealer and it is really nice. Now onto the long wait and obsessing reading this and other forums.
Vise, I'm confused. What combo of options gives you leather seat inserts with ventilation and alcantara elsewhere?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get it but no gts fancy deviating stitching package and stuff.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by hinckley
Vise, I'm confused. What combo of options gives you leather seat inserts with ventilation and alcantara elsewhere?
Sorry if i didn't explain it clearly... somehow I stumbled on this earlier today when messing around with the configurator for the 1000th time. My sales associate was surprised by this as well and was insisting it wasn't possible...

- From the configurator Interior area select Sport Seats Plus or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (does not work with 14 way Sport Seats)
- For material select Alcantara/Leather and Leather Interior (third option)
- Under 'Standard Color' at the bottom select the second option from the left. It gives you a prompt that you need to specify Seat Heating/Seat Ventilation but you can then replace with the Premium Package Plus. The option code is below.

GY - Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smooth-finish leather

Let me know if that works, just tested it on the US configurator and it worked fine.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:39 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Yes, now I see it. It's not a full leather option, so you lose the leather dash and leather at the top of the doors, but you do get the other stuff that you mentioned. Interesting alternative.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by hinckley
Yes, now I see it. It's not a full leather option, so you lose the leather dash and leather at the top of the doors, but you do get the other stuff that you mentioned. Interesting alternative.
Actually it is a full leather option... leather dash, tops of doors, etc. Take a look at the 3D configurator, interior fly-by view.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Actually it is a full leather option... leather dash, tops of doors, etc. Take a look at the 3D configurator, interior fly-by view.
For your interior trim painted option - are you choosing the one that indicates "with leather" interior (the more expensive option that includes the door trim pieces) and comes with the full leather interior, or the less expensive option that does not come with the door trim? That'll give you your answer.

Quick Reply: And another... my tentative Sapphire Blue GTS build