Sponsored by:

And another... my tentative Sapphire Blue GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts
Default And another... my tentative Sapphire Blue GTS build

Greetings all, new to the forum and hoping to be new to Porsche in the near future. Currently in a C63 AMG after having two M3s but a 911 was always in my future plans.

Working to get my build finalized in the next week or so assuming pricing etc makes sense... would be spring delivery too, no rush as I want this to come in after our winter is done. This setup is sportier than most I've seen around these parts but also decently equipped with options, should be a nice balance. Any input would be appreciated but I think I'm pretty close to final on the options list...

2015 911 Carrera GTS
P3H - BOSE AUDIO Package
PJ3 - Premium Plus PKG w/ Adaptive Sport seats
MET - Metallic Paint (Sapphire Blue)
GF - Standard Alcantara Interior
638 - Park Assist (front&rear) with camera
651 - Electric Sunroof
XAA - Aerokit Cup
030 - PASM Sport Suspension
250 - PDK
435 - 20-inch 911 Turbo S Wheels
EET - Interior PKG Painted
P07 - Adaptive Sport Seat (18 way)
XYG - Center Console Trim Paint
712 - Deletion Of Model Designation on doors
581 - Luggage Net Passenger Footwell

Edit: Finalized build below... deposit placed and waiting for confirmation of allocation.

2015 911 Carrera GTS
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smooth-finish leather
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Premium Package Plus in conjunction w/Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
BOSE Audio Package
Aerokit Cup
Electric sunroof
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
PASM Sport Suspension
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels, painted in Black
Luggage net passenger footwell
Smoking package
Centre console trim painted
Interior package painted

Last edited by Vise; 10-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:38 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure seems like sapphire blue is a popular color for the GTS
Old 10-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Vise
Drifting

Hah, sure is... I think it is a stunning colour and this pic of a Carrera 4S with Aerokit had me sold.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:00 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

that will be a great build, and one HELL of a first Porsche.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:07 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Congrats !

It never ceases to amaze me how new customers keep being pulled over to Porsche by the 991. Seems like more than any other 911 in the past.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by docmalone
that will be a great build, and one HELL of a first Porsche.
Thanks doc, I'm pretty excited and looking forward to getting this finalized asap. Until then I'll spend some more time playing with the 3D configurator...
Old 10-18-2014, 02:47 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Great build. Fun and frustrating process, huh?

Only one comment - I happen to like the clean look of the rear model delete option, especially for the GTS. There's an awful lot of writing going on back there!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Congrats, it looks to be a great build. I too am in the process of putting together a GTS build. One thing I was not aware of was the potential issues with the center lock wheels. For example you will be forced to get 20" winter tires. That may or may not be a problem in Toronto if your planning on using the car in the winter. Just something to be aware of. I guess you can always buy smaller 3rd party CL wheels as an option. Anyway if your not knowledgeable you should do a google search on them. With that being said. I'm still going with the turbo wheels.

If going with the alcantara, was price the reason for not going with the GTS communication package?

One option that I think looks good on the wide body cars is to paint the side skirts. Might want to try that on the Configurator.

Great looking build and the Sblue will look hot!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Vise
Drifting

Thanks for the input guys. I'm well aware of the comments around the CL wheels but to me they are a big part of the GTS package... my thinking is for next winter I'll put 20" winter tires on the GTS rims and then hopefully for the following spring get a nice set of HRE center lock wheels/tires for the summer. We'll see.

And yeah, the GTS Communication package is nice and all but not worth the $10k it adds to my build... I'd rather have a bit of the Sapphire Blue in the interior vs Carmine Red stitching as well.

Debating the side skirts/rear apron but I may end up with an aftermarket rear diffuser and I don't mind the bit of contrast with the black pieces... we'll see what I end up with though.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:15 AM
General Jack
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vise
Hah, sure is... I think it is a stunning colour and this pic of a Carrera 4S with Aerokit had me sold.

Agree, that is a fantastic pic.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:08 PM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like the GTS decal on the doors. And in black it would be subtle but a nice added detail.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:07 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by ArashApollo
I personally like the GTS decal on the doors. And in black it would be subtle but a nice added detail.
I agree. Especially when you compare it to the not so subtle model logo on the back of the car. A simple GTS would have looked good there.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I'm well aware of the comments around the CL wheels but to me they are a big part of the GTS package... my thinking is for next winter I'll put 20" winter tires on the GTS rims and then hopefully for the following spring get a nice set of HRE center lock wheels/tires for the summer. We'll see.

And yeah, the GTS Communication package is nice and all but not worth the $10k it adds to my build... I'd rather have a bit of the Sapphire Blue in the interior vs Carmine Red stitching as well.

Debating the side skirts/rear apron but I may end up with an aftermarket rear diffuser and I don't mind the bit of contrast with the black pieces... we'll see what I end up with though.
Awesome. It seems as though you have thought it through.

I put my build through today. Jan 10th delivery. I left the rear black, but painted the side skirts.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:58 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Greetings all, new to the forum and hoping to be new to Porsche in the near future. Currently in a C63 AMG after having two M3s but a 911 was always in my future plans.

Working to get my build finalized in the next week or so assuming pricing etc makes sense... would be spring delivery too, no rush as I want this to come in after our winter is done. This setup is sportier than most I've seen around these parts but also decently equipped with options, should be a nice balance. Any input would be appreciated but I think I'm pretty close to final on the options list...

2015 911 Carrera GTS
P3H - BOSE AUDIO Package
PJ3 - Premium Plus PKG w/ Adaptive Sport seats
MET - Metallic Paint (Sapphire Blue)
GF - Standard Alcantara Interior
638 - Park Assist (front&rear) with camera
651 - Electric Sunroof
XAA - Aerokit Cup
030 - PASM Sport Suspension
250 - PDK
435 - 20-inch 911 Turbo S Wheels
EET - Interior PKG Painted
P07 - Adaptive Sport Seat (18 way)
XYG - Center Console Trim Paint
712 - Deletion Of Model Designation on doors
581 - Luggage Net Passenger Footwell
Congratulations.....I am too in the process of ordering the GTS-4 to replace my 2013 911 4S. I am going with a manual transmission since my GT3 is already with PDK-s. I have been battling over the color, and the sport suspension. I want the car to be firm but not too harsh. Surprisingly my GT3, and although has very firm suspension, it absorbs the road bumps better than my 911 (991) 4S which has standard suspension, so I am not sure about the sport suspension and would like to hear from people who have a sport suspension on 991 911. As for the color, I really like your spphire blue selection, but how do you think it would look with the black turbo wheels. Do you think the combo of Sapphire blue and black rims look ok? And have you seen any pictures with this combination... Your thoughts please... Mark
Old 10-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

pretty much every GTS build posted is Sapphire Blue!!!!

Quick Reply: And another... my tentative Sapphire Blue GTS build