Hello everybody & My new 991 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello everybody & My new 991 build

Hello all,

I have been lurking for a while here and I have read many interesting topics, tips and discussions on this forum. I thank you for all knowledge and information you have imparted here.

I am considering to order a 991 c2s in near future. After few months of several test drives, browsing the forum and playing with configurator, I have come up with a build for a car that I want and can afford.
I would like to know what you think about the build.... Your input and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Here is the build:

911 Carrera S
Exterior Colour White
Interior Colour Leather interior in Black w/ deviated stitching (not sure about stitching colour ??) *OR* two-tone colour ( not sure about the colours ?? )**
SportDesign package
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Sport Chrono Package
Sports exhaust system
Power steering Plus
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch Carrera S wheel
Wheel spacers, 5mm
Wheels painted in satin platinum (complete)
Luggage net passenger footwell
Floor mats
Smoking package
Sports seats Plus (4-way, electric)
SportDesign steering wheel
Pedals and footrest in aluminium
Mobile phone preparation

** I need some help w/ interior colour, which colours do you think can best go with exterior white ?

Currently I do have a 2011 Mercedes C300 for daily 75-mile commute to work and a 2012 Mercedes GL 500 for wife and kids ... So I think I might sell the C300 after getting the new 991. I have no plans to track the car. This is my first time doing a build and ordering a car with my config. I am excited and can't wait to place an order...

Thanks,
Oscar
Old 09-25-2014, 10:29 AM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like a great build. There is nothing more exciting than ordering a car to your exact spec's and waiting for it to be built.

Congrats!!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Mark1996
Rennlist Member

Interior color choice? Since you are in a very sunny and warm climate, I would go with as much beige as you can for the interior. The white over beige color combo is very nice.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:32 PM
zathras
Instructor

Agreed. Personally I'd stay clear of the black interior in a hot climate like Abu Dhabi. Some sort of 2-tone leather package. The typical 2-tone is the darker on the top half (and dash, to reduce glare) and the lighter on the seating and lower half, which in theory stays slightly cooler.

Another option to consider is the ventilated seats. You will appreciate that feature as well in the summer months.

Otherwise, looks like you've got lots of goodies on that puppy...
Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,475 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Originally Posted by zathras
Agreed. Personally I'd stay clear of the black interior in a hot climate like Abu Dhabi. Some sort of 2-tone leather package. The typical 2-tone is the darker on the top half (and dash, to reduce glare) and the lighter on the seating and lower half, which in theory stays slightly cooler.

Another option to consider is the ventilated seats. You will appreciate that feature as well in the summer months.

Black/Platinum & ventilated seats!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:13 PM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Hi, great build but think carefully if you really want the sunroof. It looks great but a lot of heat is let into the car and being in the UAE that's not a good thing. For that reason, I remove the sunroof from my build and I'm very happy I did.
Of course the color of the car is personal preference and I really like white cars but 80% of the cars in UAE are white. Rest of the build is great and very similar to mine.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by docmalone
Looks like a great build. There is nothing more exciting than ordering a car to your exact spec's and waiting for it to be built.

Congrats!!
Thank you very much ....
Old 09-25-2014, 03:53 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

No sunroof, Espresso/Cognac. All Espresso would be even better, but if you want two-tone that's the one. Or if you like red, that's Natural Leather too. Compare the quality of Natural to the other leathers. They all look good with white (and white looks great on a 991) but only the Natural leathers have that quality. Maybe it won't matter to you. But check it out to be sure.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark1996
Interior color choice? Since you are in a very sunny and warm climate, I would go with as much beige as you can for the interior. The white over beige color combo is very nice.
Thank you for your feedback.

My both cars (C and GL) have beige interior and I love it, however for the new 991 I want something different and I am still not sure what to pick for the interior .... I might install window tint on the car to reduce the heat.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zathras

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Black/Platinum & ventilated seats!
Thank you both for your comments on the interior colors ....

I am looking at several two-tone color options:

black/red: too much red in the interior?

agate/pebble grey: great looking, but I am not sure if it might look off as the exterior is white and interior is lighter.

black/platinium grey: probably this combo can go very well with white exterior
Old 09-25-2014, 05:04 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,391 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Black & platinum or black & red. Ventilated seats.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went black & platinum because I wasn't so keen on the reddish tones in pebble and agate... Love it!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UAE_911
Hi, great build but think carefully if you really want the sunroof. It looks great but a lot of heat is let into the car and being in the UAE that's not a good thing. For that reason, I remove the sunroof from my build and I'm very happy I did.
Of course the color of the car is personal preference and I really like white cars but 80% of the cars in UAE are white. Rest of the build is great and very similar to mine.
Thank you for your thought on the my build ... Actually I wanted to go for a cab but because of the UAE weather I have decided to have a coup. I want the roof just to get the nice looking black color on the top
You are right about the heat, with my current C&GL cars the sunroof stays firmly shut during the UAE summer and I use it about 50% of time in the cool UAE winter/spring season!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chuck911
No sunroof, Espresso/Cognac. All Espresso would be even better, but if you want two-tone that's the one. Or if you like red, that's Natural Leather too. Compare the quality of Natural to the other leathers. They all look good with white (and white looks great on a 991) but only the Natural leathers have that quality. Maybe it won't matter to you. But check it out to be sure.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have not seen this color in person. It looks great and sharp ! I will ask the dealer to show me some sample.
I found only this pic online...
Old 09-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The 2015 models add a backup camera to the park assist. You might consider the mahogany interior wood trim if you are looking for something different . . . not too many trees in Abu Dhabi
Okay, start the anti-wood trim flames!

Quick Reply: Hello everybody & My new 991 build