Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS reset

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 10:02 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 315 Posts

I remembered this process being necessary, but I am having no luck. I've been stuck on the "No monitoring System is learning" message for 20+ mins. Hopefully the sensors that Apex Racing sent with my new wheels are actually functional.

The ignition merely needs to be 'on' I hope, and the car not actually running?
Old 05-27-2023, 11:05 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
I remembered this process being necessary, but I am having no luck. I've been stuck on the "No monitoring System is learning" message for 20+ mins. Hopefully the sensors that Apex Racing sent with my new wheels are actually functional.

I have never tried it stationery. I would have thought the car had to be running and rolling.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:38 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 72 Posts

how long do the original OEM sensors last?
I am past 100.000 km and they still work fine.
Thank you!
Old 05-28-2023, 07:06 AM
Cur
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Schorsch
how long do the original OEM sensors last?
I am past 100.000 km and they still work fine.
Thank you!
Assuming all TPMS sensor are generally the same-ish... The current ones in my Infiniti are approaching 13 years old / 125,000 and still working fine. A previous set in my wife's' Lexus lasted 11 years / 100,000 miles with no issues.
The following users liked this post:
Schorsch (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 10:23 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 285 Posts

Let us know how you get this sorted.
Old 05-28-2023, 11:53 AM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

pretty sure the car needs to be on and running. go for a nice drive
Old 05-28-2023, 06:26 PM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I have a 2017 C2S which was delivered with Pirelli 295/30R20 winter tires on its OEM wheels. Rather than dismounting those tires, I bought a set of OZ 20" wheels and Michelin PS4s tires [with 305/30R20 rear tires] from Tire Rack which came with TMPS sensors installed. After mounting the new tire and wheel assemblies, as soon as I started the engine I was confronted with the MFD lit up asking if I had changed the assemblies. I selected the summer 20" size and went for a drive and the new TPMS sensors became recognized after about 3 miles of low speed urban driving. I later reset the TPMS for Comfort settings which make a huge difference in ride quality and comfort on Ohio's many mediocre roads. Akron could qualify as "the automotive suspension durability test course of USA."

My car's MFD specifically states that the car must be driven for the new sensors to be recognized by the monitoring system. On my car, the module for that TPMS is located a short distance behind the right front wheel inline with the front subframe [crash absorption structure] and is plainly visible, labeled to identify what it is, and accessible when the front belly pan is removed.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:33 AM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

You need to run the car up to 15 M.P.H. and even then it can take a good amount of driving. I curse every time I go to the track as it is always a process.

Old 05-29-2023, 03:46 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by BGLeduc
I have never tried it stationery. I would have thought the car had to be running and rolling.
Originally Posted by thesaintusa
Let us know how you get this sorted.
Originally Posted by jfischet
pretty sure the car needs to be on and running. go for a nice drive
Originally Posted by NHmacan
You need to run the car up to 15 M.P.H. and even then it can take a good amount of driving. I curse every time I go to the track as it is always a process.
Well, I am indeed a dumb dumb. You do have to drive it with the learning mode active in the display.

Interestingly enough, it did register nearly instantly - I backed out of the driveway and the message was already gone. Makes me wonder if having it sitting with the key in the ignition does actually help learn the sensors in some fashion.

Quick Reply: TPMS reset