Sponsored by:

20k service question - dealer ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:06 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,412 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin N
So, since they basically never offered to correct / compensate anything. I opened a dispute with Amex and just got confirmation that they are reversing the charge! Now to find another dealer…..
Well done.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:57 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Nicely done. I'd also follow up with PCNA. They need to get it from all angles. And I'd absolutely post the name. Some punks think they have us over a barrel but they need to understand this is a small community and we didn't get to be able to have these cars in the first place by being stupid type B pushover suckers. Let them know they're messing with the wrong crowd.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Nicely done. I'd also follow up with PCNA. They need to get it from all angles. And I'd absolutely post the name. Some punks think they have us over a barrel but they need to understand this is a small community and we didn't get to be able to have these cars in the first place by being stupid type B pushover suckers. Let them know they're messing with the wrong crowd.

Good idea, will definitely call PCNA. I never did get that usual phone call from PCNA this time asking how well the dealer did…. strange.

Dealer was Town Motors in northern NJ. To be fair, I have gotten decent service from them in the past, and they were able to fix a bunch of little annoying rattles (sunroof, interior door vibration, etc). If they had offered to make things right / compensation I would probably have gone back there.

Will probably be going to Paul Miller where I bought the car 2 years ago - they are a bit of a hike, but not that bad.

Quick Reply: 20k service question - dealer ripoff?