Sponsored by:

Chrome front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chrome front bumper

How do you install the chrome front bumper grille? Is there somekind of bolt that I need to remove? do I need to remove bumper?

I think I could pull the wings off by force from the front, but in case I break them...

See the parts here from suncoast:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...or_Accessories

Thanks in advance for any help!!

PF
2014 991 C2
Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I have them - they literally snap into place. I really like them, it's a great no-brainier upgrade.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

But how do you remove the old ones?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:20 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Anyone?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 PM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I'm curious, too. Please post the installation instruction, if anyone has done it. These Chrome Grilles surely look cool.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Finally got it installed....

Easiest installation ever, but figuring it out is a pain since I didn't want to scratch or break anything.

What I learned is that these chrome front bumper grille is actually just a COVER of the real grill. The real grille seems un-removable unless you remove the bumper first. I was trying to pull out the real grille at some point, but stopped immediately after realizing that the whole bumper seemed to flex a tiny bit

So while facing the front bumper: you can see that there are two grilles on the left side and two grilles on the right side.

Let's start on the right grille first. You can see that there are left and right clips on the grille cover. You will want to push the most RIGHT clip of the grille cover first. You can also see that there is a hole that you put your hand in in the bumper (hopefully your hand is small enough). So put your hand inside that bum hole and push the RIGHT clip of the grille cover from the back first and slowly slide the RIGHT portion of the grille cover half way out (you can bend it a little). Continue to proceed with the pulling of the RIGHT portion of the grille cover and the LEFT portion of the grille cover will eventually detach by itself.

On the left grilles, the first clip that you want to push is located on the most LEFT side of the grille cover. Push that clip and slowly slide the left side of the grille cover until the right portion of the grille cover snaps out by itself.

Repeat and rinse.

Time to install: 10 minutes
Figuring it out: 3 days

Porscheforever
Old 07-18-2014, 12:48 AM
ruhlich
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Finally got it installed....

Easiest installation ever, but figuring it out is a pain since I didn't want to scratch or break anything.

What I learned is that these chrome front bumper grille is actually just a COVER of the real grill. The real grille seems un-removable unless you remove the bumper first. I was trying to pull out the real grille at some point, but stopped immediately after realizing that the whole bumper seemed to flex a tiny bit

So while facing the front bumper: you can see that there are two grilles on the left side and two grilles on the right side.

Let's start on the right grille first. You can see that there are left and right clips on the grille cover. You will want to push the most RIGHT clip of the grille cover first. You can also see that there is a hole that you put your hand in in the bumper (hopefully your hand is small enough). So put your hand inside that bum hole and push the RIGHT clip of the grille cover from the back first and slowly slide the RIGHT portion of the grille cover half way out (you can bend it a little). Continue to proceed with the pulling of the RIGHT portion of the grille cover and the LEFT portion of the grille cover will eventually detach by itself.

On the left grilles, the first clip that you want to push is located on the most LEFT side of the grille cover. Push that clip and slowly slide the left side of the grille cover until the right portion of the grille cover snaps out by itself.

Repeat and rinse.

Time to install: 10 minutes
Figuring it out: 3 days

Porscheforever
I'm confused. At first you say the grills (appear) to be un-removable, but the new chrome fits over them anyway. Later it reads like you were able to remove the grills ...."clips".

My concern is that I would like to remove the grills to gain access to the A/C radiators. Do I just follow your "clip removal description"? (Haven't looked that closely yet.)
Old 07-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Old 07-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by ruhlich
I'm confused. At first you say the grills (appear) to be un-removable, but the new chrome fits over them anyway. Later it reads like you were able to remove the grills ...."clips".

My concern is that I would like to remove the grills to gain access to the A/C radiators. Do I just follow your "clip removal description"? (Haven't looked that closely yet.)
The new chrome grilles are just a "cover" over the real grilles (like a holster over a hunting knife). The real grilles are not removable from the outside because they are attached to the inside of the bumper. The cover of the real grilles (the one that I replaced with chrome ones) can be removed from the outside without removing the bumper.

If you want to gain access to the A/C radiators, I think the only way to do it is by removing the bumper.

Porscheforever
Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 PM
ruhlich
Instructor

The new chrome grilles are just a "cover" over the real grilles (like a holster over a hunting knife). The real grilles are not removable from the outside because they are attached to the inside of the bumper. The cover of the real grilles (the one that I replaced with chrome ones) can be removed from the outside without removing the bumper.

If you want to gain access to the A/C radiators, I think the only way to do it is by removing the bumper.

Porscheforever
Ah, I get it. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:08 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 160 Posts

Porscheforever
So technically that will make the opening smaller. possibly affecting airflow and add weight.

Last edited by parkerfe; 07-19-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:04 AM
TheAnswer
Instructor

I wish I didn't see this thread... Now I want that chrome.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by TheAnswer
I wish I didn't see this thread... Now I want that chrome.
It looks really nice & elegant - I only wish that the whole part is fully chromed, not just the frontal section.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by parkerfe
So technically that will make the opening smaller. possibly affecting airflow and add weight.
Na, it's a replacement over a stock cover you already have. It doesn't change anything in terms of airflow, weight, etc, other than for looks.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just installed mine and love the look. The key thing to remember here is that the existing black grills are actually 4 covers that will be removed from their mounts for the chrome-edged new grill covers to slide & snap back onto. Also, there is a center catch/snap that must be released as you push the outside-most catch from the inside of the bumper cover forward and out through the front of the bumper cover. Afterward, gently pull forward from the outside and the inboard snaps will pop loose. Once one of them slides off, the rest of the deinstallation becomes very clear.

Installation is the reverse process with a light tap on the inside edges to seat and secure that area, then seat the outside edge. A gentle squeeze on the front center of the grill cover and the center post will secure that snap.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Chrome front bumper