Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 damaged during shipping - price reduction?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:02 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Just my little opinion but look at the kind of buyer you will have when you decide to sell this car in a couple of years. Just look at some of the responses here. Slightly used Porsche buyers are generally the most picky, ****, critical car buyers period. Hell, I am. If it's disclosed to you in writing when you purchase the car from the dealer you should disclose it to the next potential buyer when you decide to sell. If it was on a Carfax most second hand Porsche buyers would steer clear.
You would want the guy selling you a 2 or 3 year old Carrera that the hood was resprayed and the windshield replaced. Right? Would you take a pass even if the price was right when you had plenty of other cars to choose from?

I'd try to get that one on a lease for $899 or less per month and as many miles you could get per year. 10k? Now that would be a smoking deal.

I'd just be wary of a 210 day on the lot car.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 AM
cdelrosario
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Just my little opinion but look at the kind of buyer you will have when you decide to sell this car in a couple of years. Just look at some of the responses here. Slightly used Porsche buyers are generally the most picky, ****, critical car buyers period. Hell, I am. If it's disclosed to you in writing when you purchase the car from the dealer you should disclose it to the next potential buyer when you decide to sell. If it was on a Carfax most second hand Porsche buyers would steer clear.
You would want the guy selling you a 2 or 3 year old Carrera that the hood was resprayed and the windshield replaced. Right? Would you take a pass even if the price was right when you had plenty of other cars to choose from?

I'd try to get that one on a lease for $899 or less per month and as many miles you could get per year. 10k? Now that would be a smoking deal.

I'd just be wary of a 210 day on the lot car.
Agree. This car is not being considered. BTW, swung by McKenna, said hello to Aric for you!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:35 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelrosario

My feeling is that $95k is a fair price....your thoughts?
I'd say 80-85K
Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelrosario
Agree. This car is not being considered. BTW, swung by McKenna, said hello to Aric for you!
Hit and miss what they have in stock.

I got lucky. They had almost exactly what I wanted. With the only exception being I could do without the sunroof.

And to use that old adage.... Because race car.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 517 Posts

Duke I,

When you do an ED the car is yours at point of delivery. Porsche is acting on your behalf to ship the car to you. When you return the car spend a few minutes and photograph your car with GPS enabled on your phone.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Good suggestion. Will do. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Alan, could you have bailed once the damaged car came stateside? Did they discount the price after the damages? Sounds like you were pleased with everything and had a good attitude about the unfortunate issue.
I dont think you can, as for ED you either have to execute a purchase or lease agreement prior to taking delivery of the car at the factory, the car is already
yours when you leave the U.S dealership.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 517 Posts

as for ED you either have to execute a purchase or lease agreement prior to taking delivery of the car at the factory, the car is already
yours when you leave the U.S dealership.
I've done 3 and it worked that way each time.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke I
Thanks Alan. I am doing ED in September and want to understand these risks. I want to rely on their "making things right." I plan to get the delivery rep LV suggests. D
The car is insured for transport at least from port-port if not factory/drop-off-2-dealer.

Quick Reply: New 991 damaged during shipping - price reduction?