Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS 911 Turbo S Cabrio at Monterey PCA Parade!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaf
...and surprised they kept the amber side lights.
It's PCNA's car. They don't mess with Fed DOT regulations. That is why all their cars come to their Dealers & you with 'amber side lights'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Trompe l'oeil...in photos but not in person!

Originally Posted by Z356
This green has more blue than yellow. It is nothing like my old W25 'Signal Green'. How do I know? Because I took my W-25 rear spoiler (factory painted as it came on my '07 PTS 'Signal Green') on my Mini JCW, drove it out there and put it against it tonight (I'll post photos another day). This green has way too much 'blue'. My 'Signal Green' W25 had more of a 'yellow' hue. I am now thinking it might be either the current PTS 'Signal Green' (22S from the MY1992) or 'Green' (2D8 from the RS Green' of '07/'08). I believe 'Viper' (code 225) doesn't have as much 'blue' as that green on this 911 Turbo S. But I will find out by tomorrow night...as soon as I meet anyone from 'Porsche Exclusive' & ask.

If you learn anything from this discussion is that photos often DO NOT represent well the actual visual impression of a car color on the human eye!
Here are the photos that I took of my 2007 PTS W25 'Signal Green' factory painted rear spoiler vs this PTS 'green' on the 911 Turbo S. Photos don't tell the story. In these camera shots, it looks pretty similar. To the human eye, it looks completely different. MY W25 'Signal Green' has a lot of yellow hue. The PCNA car has lots of 'blue' hue. It's quite noticeable in person.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 06-15-2014, 12:48 PM
DallasDave
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Kermit's movie career paid off.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:20 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Eduardo...I can imagine PCNA crew rolling their eyes when you placed your deck lid down next to their car for those comparo pics, LOL.

Did they bring a new Targa ? I assume so, been too lazy so far to go to dealers to check one out.

Looking forward to tomorrow's Concours.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:24 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get the clear rears but it's a to each his own thing.....
Old 06-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Weim911
Instructor

Oh.... I love a lot of the special colors but this green is not my thing. I can totally see someone loving it though
Old 06-15-2014, 09:59 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I love it with the exception of the green painted bits inside.

Otherwise, nice.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I will pass.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Charcharius
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Not my cup of green tea.

(Couldn't help myself)
Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Wow, I can't believe they made those choices with the interior. I love the exterior color and contrasting black top, rear spoiler, and accents. On the interior, I would have picked espresso natural leather with matching green stitching. Perhaps the green panels would have worked with this - would have loved to see this. But the black and gray leather fail.

I give them credit for attempting a unique and provocative configuration. Having gone through this myself, I know that one takes risk in designing a custom car to original specification. I'd be greatly inspired to see this exterior on the road. The interior doesn't work for me.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I still think it's cool.

Thanks for sharing Eduardo.

You saved your wing from your 997 ?

I'd rather have a 991 GT3 with a new motor, 100k CPO and a pile of new tires though.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

yuk!!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MKW
Eduardo...I can imagine PCNA crew rolling their eyes when you placed your deck lid down next to their car for those comparo pics, LOL.
A truck brought the PCNA cars and parked them at the Hyatt in the back of the Conference Center, near where our underground 'cave' was for concours-prep. They were left basically unattended for two days! So nobody was there to notice what I was doing with my deck lid & photography. The car earlier today was moved inside the Hyatt Conference Center and it's now on display near Parade Registration. I'll take more photos as soon as the Concours is over. I have been working on prepping my '70 911E Targa for 'Historic Display' tomorrow...so I have been kind of busy! I need to get up tomorrow at 4:30 AM to stage the car at the Hyatt parking lot, from which the car will be directed to its spot on the Concours field!

Originally Posted by MKW
Did they bring a new Targa ? I assume so, been too lazy so far to go to dealers to check one out.
You would have thought PCNA would have brought a Targa for display at the Parade. But No! Instead, a SF Bay Area dealer (Porsche of Livermore) brought their 'Launch Edition' Targa (in 'Black') for their own display. They also hosted a Le Mans party with TV screens and a feed of the race at the Circuit de la Sarthe for basically two days. And had some complimentary drinks and food during the day. That was very nice of them!

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
Wow, I can't believe they made those choices with the interior. I love the exterior color and contrasting black top, rear spoiler, and accents. On the interior, I would have picked espresso natural leather with matching green stitching. Perhaps the green panels would have worked with this - would have loved to see this. But the black and gray leather fail.

I give them credit for attempting a unique and provocative configuration. Having gone through this myself, I know that one takes risk in designing a custom car to original specification. I'd be greatly inspired to see this exterior on the road. The interior doesn't work for me.
Montesquieu: I know how you feel. The interior on this car doesn't work for me either. But note that there is currently no 'green' stitching of any type offered by 'Porsche Exclusive' at the moment on any Porsche model. The closest thing is the 'Peridot' stitching from the special edition Cayenne, which might be available on special request on the 991. But that color has a lot of yellow, hence its 'Peridot' name. You would think 'Acid Green' of the Hybrid 918 would have made the list. But no...not yet.

Originally Posted by MarcusG
You saved your wing from your 997?
Doesn't everybody? No, it's a long story. The quick version. The original owner of my '07 PTS 'Signal Green' C2S put the aerokit front & rear bumper on the car before taking delivery. This is the original rear deck lid from that W25 'Signal Green' car!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

hmmm, very ugly IMO.
Thanks for posting.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a green 997GT3RS(love it) but that is butt ugly

Quick Reply: PTS 911 Turbo S Cabrio at Monterey PCA Parade!