Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 sport spoiler lip @ suncoast

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM
doc76
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to add the SPASM spoiler as well to my 991 C4S. I called Suncoast and they recommended lifting the car to put it on. Has anyone made the change without lifting the car?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,583 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by doc76
I would like to add the SPASM spoiler as well to my 991 C4S. I called Suncoast and they recommended lifting the car to put it on. Has anyone made the change without lifting the car?
I cant imagine its that difficult ... I doubt you even need to jack the front of the car up you dont need to do that when replacing the spoiler lip on a GT3 which is the full width of the car!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:04 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,436 Likes on 5,019 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
I thought you're making them rhyme on purpose...
No, not that clever.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SWO
Suncoast has both the Aerokit and SDP lips for 189. I'd upgrade to the Aerkit ones IMO.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Exterioraero/
Link leads to a blank page.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 08-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Pcar75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the Aero or SDP front lip fit on the regular non SDP front fascia?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doc76
You do NOT need to lift the car up...I just set down a blanket on my dirty garage floor, pulled off the old one and installed the new one in like 7 minutes...I think the longest part was laying down the blanket...

Good luck, it truly is a simple mod and requires no tools whatsoever.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,583 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve
You do NOT need to lift the car up...I just set down a blanket on my dirty garage floor, pulled off the old one and installed the new one in like 7 minutes...I think the longest part was laying down the blanket...

Good luck, it truly is a simple mod and requires no tools whatsoever.
I guess if you raise the car you save time putting the blanket on the floor!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:38 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I guess if you raise the car you save time putting the blanket on the floor!
If my garage floor was clean, I could have saved the entire "putting down the blanket" step...
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Link leads to a blank page.
Try this link

Cup Aerokit and Sport Design Front Spoiler Lips
Old 06-11-2014, 12:51 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Thanks.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:29 AM
andrewaw
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keeps falling off and I am now getting to replace for a third time.

Keeps falling off and I am now getting to replace for a third time. As previous poster said this part looks great and is extremely easy to install. The problem I am having as I have replaced it twice, so in reality this part has come off somewhere on the road three times. I am not aware of when it’s coming off I just end up looking at the front of my car and it was gone. It is definitely being installed correctly I even brought it to a Porsche dealer last time I installed it a few months ago and asked them to look at it and they said it was definitely on correctly that it is relatively full proof. Anyone else have this issue? I am wondering if I am having a bump or something with the car being so low and it is being pulled off without me knowing. Maybe this is a silly question but does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening. It is getting a little ridiculous to spend $200 on this every 3 to 4 months.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:43 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewaw
Keeps falling off and I am now getting to replace for a third time. As previous poster said this part looks great and is extremely easy to install. The problem I am having as I have replaced it twice, so in reality this part has come off somewhere on the road three times. I am not aware of when it’s coming off I just end up looking at the front of my car and it was gone. It is definitely being installed correctly I even brought it to a Porsche dealer last time I installed it a few months ago and asked them to look at it and they said it was definitely on correctly that it is relatively full proof. Anyone else have this issue? I am wondering if I am having a bump or something with the car being so low and it is being pulled off without me knowing. Maybe this is a silly question but does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening. It is getting a little ridiculous to spend $200 on this every 3 to 4 months.
Is your car lowered compared to stock? I have a 4S with Sport PASM and it's been fine for the two years I've had it. I'm not sure if the prior owner had to replace it in his 4 years, but I've given it plenty of reasons to detach and fall off - more scrapes on driveways and curb cuts than I care to remember - and it has remained solidly attached. I'm actually quite surprised it's still on there, TBH.

PS - For what it's worth, the idiom is "fool proof." Sorry to be a grammar jerk...
Old 01-19-2020, 11:06 AM
andrewaw
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is lowered yes so maybe that’s why ? And yes thanks for the correction .. Aware of the idiom… That is a combination of Siri and me not proofreading! LOL. I guess the question is do I keep replacing this?

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Is your car lowered compared to stock? I have a 4S with Sport PASM and it's been fine for the two years I've had it. I'm not sure if the prior owner had to replace it in his 4 years, but I've given it plenty of reasons to detach and fall off - more scrapes on driveways and curb cuts than I care to remember - and it has remained solidly attached. I'm actually quite surprised it's still on there, TBH.

PS - For what it's worth, the idiom is "fool proof." Sorry to be a grammar jerk...
Old 01-19-2020, 12:57 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 448 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewaw
I have this same lip. Love the looks, but I too, am on my 3rd one in a year. Same as you, they just "vanish." I was thinking of a couple pop rivets or screws in the bottom to hold it on. Anything wrong with that idea?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:09 PM
aways
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

I thought you were talking about this lip... https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/VOR991SP.html

Anybody install this? Doesn't quite seem worth it...

Quick Reply: 991 sport spoiler lip @ suncoast