Exotics at Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Swiss Posters...

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I love that red color on the first one. Looks like ruby red.
Yes it does! 'Ruby Red Metallic' was a 991 intro color that didn't last long. And neither did its replacement - 'Amaranth Red Metallic'! They have passed on to Porsche Heaven!

By the way, in case any of you are wondering, Chuck911 has now apparently gone into his Swiss vintage travel poster period! He mysteriously went from Dr. Strangelove's B-52 to a Gstaad winter wonderland poster* a few months ago! And for now, he has settled on Ernst Hodel's 'Interlaken Schynige Platte' poster for the Bergbahn. I happen to own an original poster by the same Swiss artist re: Mürren, so I also enjoy the Alpine settings! I am in fact searching for an original Emil Cardinaux 'Arosa', just in case any of you happens to have one rolled up in your attic and don't know what to do with it.

Wonder where Chuck will travel next via his Avatars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Printed by J.C.Müller in Zürich
Attached Images      
Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Good catch spotting Major TJ "King" Kong, Eduardo! Yee-haw! I thought nobody was gonna get that one! Going back further, astronaut David Bowman (Keir Dullea) and HAL, and I think for a while even a shot of Dr Heywood Floyd touching the monolith on Tycho. Even with all those references some will still not get it. We're losing our culture. But you sir are a ray of hope!

According to their calendar this Saturday August 2nd Porsche is the featured marque. http://www.exoticsat.com/events/

They don't always have a featured marque, but when they do it draws a lot of cars! On these days the show expands from just the back lot south of the mall to include the two blocks on the main street running right through the center. These days also usually include live music performed in the center area right by the cars. The last time Porsche was featured we had probably close to 100 cars. Porsches, I mean. No telling how many cars were there.

These events are very informal. There's no official start time. But if you want one of the coveted spots on the main street plan on getting there early. Last time I'm told the street was filled with Porsches well before 7am! After that they direct cars to the south parking area where these events are normally held.

Don't expect to be getting up that early myself. But I will probably fire up the leaf blower, blast the dust off and drive the old jalopy down there at some point. Should be fun. Might even find something exotic to photograph.

Quick Reply: Exotics at Redmond Town Center