Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Picture of GT Silver next to Racing Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 04:37 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone have a Picture of GT Silver next to Racing Yellow

Looking for a picture of any GT Silver car next to a Racing Yellow car.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Old 05-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
Looking for a picture of any GT Silver car next to a Racing Yellow car.
Ryan: Got your pm. The only thing I have been able to find is this 'Silver'* 991 next to this 991 'Racing Yellow' in the UK back in 2012. Imagine it GT Silver!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Denver, CO

* Either 'Platinum' or 'GT Silver'. As you know, 'Platinum' was the metallic $700+ offering that model year. 'GT Silver' was a $3K+ cost option.
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:16 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Eduardo,

Thanks - didn't know if you'd have a picture. Should have known better, you're the authority on paint and interior!

The 2014 GT3 debacle resulted in our 2014 order being moved to a 2015 build in September or October with delivery in late November or December. Now we've got tons of time to re-think the paint color yet again!

Wife and I agree that Guards Red, Agate Grey, and any form of Black are out.

White looks like a cup car, but without any graphics it's pretty plain.

Rhodium silver is clean, I've seen a 991 GT3 in this color and it just didn't feel special.

Personally I like Sapphire and Dark Blue Metallic. Wife dislikes blue in general.

Wife and I both like Racing Yellow. We also think the GT3 is a keeper and are a little concerned about how we'll feel about Yellow in 10 or 20 years.

We've seen a GT silver 991 in person, both like the color. It feels special, however paying for a "premium" color that is not really limited in any way other than by price certainly gives us pause. GT silver feels special, it changes tone in various lighting conditions, and if history serves as a guide silver is a classic color that doesn't go out of fashion.

Neither of us care for the browns or Lime Gold.

We have a car in pearl white, doubt the Carerra White Metallic would be very striking similar to gloss white.

So we're basically down to GT Silver or Racing Yellow.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Ryan
Old 05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Old 05-10-2014, 11:31 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Old 05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Any thoughts ?

Ryan
Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yellow is bold! I'd do it if the mrs doesn't think it's too showy.

Last edited by Duke I; 05-11-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pics guys!

Boy, I'd sure like to get my hands on a GT3 and upgrade to one once all the motors have been replaced. Still feel really bad for the guys with ones on the ground, in their garages or hiding out at the back of their dealer.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 AM
robsc2s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a look at the pic of the gt silver gt3- notice the 3 couples walking by- each guy is staring at it while the women keep walking. Guess u need the Y chromosome! ( exceptions noted- Suzy)
Old 05-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Charcharius
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

GT is the perfect color, IMHO.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Any thoughts? Here is my recommendation!

Originally Posted by reidry
Wife and I both like Racing Yellow. We also think the GT3 is a keeper and are a little concerned about how we'll feel about Yellow in 10 or 20 years. We've seen a GT silver 991 in person, both like the color. It feels special, however paying for a "premium" color that is not really limited in any way other than by price certainly gives us pause. GT silver feels special, it changes tone in various lighting conditions, and if history serves as a guide silver is a classic color that doesn't go out of fashion. So we're basically down to GT Silver or Racing Yellow. Ryan
Ryan:

A) It's a gt3.
B) It's a keeper.
C) GT Silver is already $3140 extra!

If I was in your position, I would strongly consider going with 'Paint-to-Sample' at $5,500! In my experience in tracking prices on these cars, nothing adds more value to an already special model like the gt3 or RS as PTS. But only if a desirable color is chosen! So for just $2000+ more than the $3K+ cost of 'GT Silver', you have a wide palette of colors available to you! And it will make your car pretty special...if not totally unique! Take advantage of that wide range of possibilities! It might be a pretty wise investment on a gt3!

Furthermore, you have the advantage that the interiors of the gt3's are all 'Black'! Most PTS exterior colors will blend nicely with the 'Black & Alcantara' interior, especially with the standard stitching in the neutral 'Platinum Grey'!

So my strong recommendation is for you & your wife to consider PTS from the available colors already approved for a 991 by PAG (see attached list). And good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel, CA

Attached Images

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Picture of GT Silver next to Racing Yellow