Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your top gear UK personality?
Jeremy
30.51%
Richard
44.07%
James
25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Top Gear Personality Quiz: Are You Jeremy, Richard or James?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman
According to several people I am close to who have met and worked with him, he is even more unlikeable in person.
Unknown friends of anonymous internet forum user writes Jeremy is unlikable - I will never watch Top Gear again.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Unknown friends of anonymous internet forum user writes Jeremy is unlikable - I will never watch Top Gear again.
I don't really care whether you watch it or not. As I posted before, I watch it for the cars. I still think Clarkson is a horrible person whose humour is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck is a professional race car driver, and watching entertainers race around a track deeply offends him.
If you make your $ by racing cars this $ comes from spectators. Sponsors pay for ads in hope to get this money back and some from spectators (TV or live). Professional race car drivers are in entertainment business.

Whether you like it or not Top Gear is one of the most popular car shows and gets a lot of people interested in motor sport. And this is good for pro drivers, manufacturers (Porsche)...etc.

The attraction of this show is that tree regular car guys get do things we only dream off. If it was about 3 Stigs doing one perfect lap after other and advising on sensible cars like Honda Accord, don't think I would watch this kind crap.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zohan
If you make your $ by racing cars this $ comes from spectators. Sponsors pay for ads in hope to get this money back and some from spectators (TV or live). Professional race car drivers are in entertainment business. Whether you like it or not Top Gear is one of the most popular car shows and gets a lot of people interested in motor sport. And this is good for pro drivers, manufacturers (Porsche)...etc. The attraction of this show is that tree regular car guys get do things we only dream off. If it was about 3 Stigs doing one perfect lap after other and advising on sensible cars like Honda Accord, don't think I would watch this kind crap.
I wasn't serious. I doubt Chuck is a professional race car driver.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

I don't really care whether you watch it or not. As I posted before, I watch it for the cars. I still think Clarkson is a horrible person whose humour is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Again, why is he a horrible person? Because he makes tons of money (and the BBC) for being a opinionated dick? And what is wrong or offensive with his humor? I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I just don't see what is so low about it?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Old 05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I find Top Gear entertaining.

I don't live my day worrying about what Jeremy thinks or says but again I do find it entertaining. When those Brits make fun of build quality or unreliability of American made cars they are usually on mark. OF course it is TV and if people really get their panties in a twist over the jokes made at our (USA) engineering expense they should just change the channel like others have said.

In my humble opinion the American version of the show just sucks. Those guys have zero chemistry. I'd rather watch Jeremy make fun of the Corvette for an hour than Tanner try to carry the US version for an hour on his actual driving skills alone. The brits do make fun of Jaguar's history of unreliability as well. It's just TV.

I actually like watching Fifth Gear to tell you the truth. At least Tiff, Vicki and Jason have racing history/experience. It's much more fun watching them drive than Richard Hammond or James May.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Apologies for my previous sup-par attempts at illustrating Clarksons utter unsuitability as a Porsche personality. Turns out You-Tube has taken down the one I was looking for. So it probably won't play here, but follow the link.

Hammond's my man, and would have put a stop to this, were it not for Clarkson being armed with shot-gun and acid.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomr9_porsche-how-to-kill-a-911-top-gear_auto
Old 05-04-2014, 06:35 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Clarkson here
Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Ahh...I came out to be May!!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Zohan
Racer

Read fearfully, Fill it out, email it

Old 05-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Zohan
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
Apologies for my previous sup-par attempts at illustrating Clarksons utter unsuitability as a Porsche personality. Turns out You-Tube has taken down the one I was looking for. So it probably won't play here, but follow the link.

Hammond's my man, and would have put a stop to this, were it not for Clarkson being armed with shot-gun and acid.
And the point of this video is: ....drum roll.......911 is indestructible

I think you are really searching for the top gear complaint form I posted above.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

And what is wrong or offensive with his humor? I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I just don't see what is so low about it?
If this type of humour is inoffensive to you, then I don't think there is much to discuss.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

If this type of humour is inoffensive to you, then I don't think there is much to discuss.
First off this wasn't humor, it was a rhyme he used to make the point that there is no difference between two particular cars. Being british he used the old UK version, and mumbled over the offensive part. After reviewing the takes he tossed out the version, and it was never aired.

I like that he apologized anyway, and his apology seems very sincere.

I don't believe for a second that he is a racist.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Personality Quiz: Are You Jeremy, Richard or James?