Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Sport Design = Ducktail? I would say yes, actually I prefer aerokit. But the reason I went with aerokit was the desire to have a spolier and not look goofy by putting the retractable spoiler up in pictures, sort of a "spoiler wannbe" look. No offense to those with the retrac spoliers.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 77 Posts

Hmmm.... If I could do it over again, I would leave out full leather. I thought it was a necessary option on a $100,000+ car. After having it, I know I wouldn't miss it. I think it would make more of a difference if I had a two tone interior, but with black and standard stiching it is not very noticable. I left it off of my F80 M3 order and will be leaving it off my future Porsches.

As far a the sport design front bumper goes (this may sound ridiculous), I wouldn't own the car without it. For some reason, I am a front bumper critic. For me it's much like having an S2000 without the front lip. It just doesn't look good. The standard front bumper looks even worse with a TechArt or Vorsteiner lip. I opted for just the front fascia rather than the full kit. I love the duck tail but was certain it would wear out it's appeal after a while. I almost did the full Aero Cup, but the wing stacked on top of the duck tail just wasn't working for me. I'm probably going to get a Tech Art wing.

In talking about clearance issues, I actually wish the bumper was a little lower. I haven't even come close to rubbing. My E92 rubbed routinely.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
I'm biased...

5.75" clearance in front

Wow, that's great looking car, the rims look amazing, I wonder if I should choose this over the painted platinum look, cost is about the same.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Giggspy
Hi All,

I've decided to order a C2S, I am planning to keep the car for a long time, and here's my build:
White or Racing Yellow
Decided Options:
20 inch wheels painted platinum
Sport Design Mirror
Delete Model Designation
ParkAssist with reversing camera
PDK, PSE, Sport Chorno
Sport design steering wheel
Instrument dial black
Premium package with power sport seats
Undecided Options:
Sport Design Package
Full Leather Interior with two tone red and black (black only if choose Racing yellow)
Bose Audio Package

I don't think I am going to order BOSE since I'm not listening a lot of music in the car and I have PSE ordered, but do you guys think that the standard sound system is crap? I've never heard a standard system since every car on the lot has BOSE in them.

The real question is whether to go with Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior. I like the red and black two tone interior, but don't know how well the red leather will hold up long term and if it is a pain for upkeep.

As for sport design package, I like the looks, but I think at $5,700 here in Canada, it's really expensive just for a "body kit", and it also says the front spoiler will reduce the ground clearance significantly.

I would like to keep the car under 140k before tax, so I can order either full leather or Sport Design Package but not both, unless everyone is yelling at me to get both....

So, what do you guys think? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Very nice build. A few thoughts:

-- I like the sport design package and ducktail (truly) but prefer the traditional 911 lines with the retractable rear spoiler down. For me, an additional factor is always front ground clearance due to my driveway.

-- Full leather is always nice, though I did not go with it on my most recent 911 and have not missed it.

-- PSE is terrific and you'll enjoy it. Some RLers may put it down and say it's "childish", but we all can't be that mature. Oh wait.

-- The standard sound system is fine if you are not an audiophile and will be listening to the sport exhaust a lot. But, for the money, and the fact that you get the XM/Sirius capability, the BOSE audio package upgrade is easily worth it IMO.

-- I hope you go with yellow. I like the white a lot (my first 911 was Carrara White, which was stunning) but you just don't see many yellow 911s and Racing Yellow is simply brilliant.

-- If you are that torn about the SDP and full leather, you should just get both. You don't want to spend that kind of money and then regret that you skipped one of them.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:04 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker
PSE = the days we put playing cards on our bike spokes when were kids.

My car came without it - I added it, now I never use it. I have put away childish things.

PDK = some form of transportation other than a sports car. I almost bought a PDK as being the highest form of automotive engineering accomplishment. I was confusedly compelled by the Germanic excellence of it.
Until I drove one - one block from the dealership I realized that the highest form of THAT particular style of driving was something with an AMG or Ferrari label attached to it.

I don't want an AMG nor do I want a (new) Ferrari. I am neither a track rat nor am I a real housewife of wherever and I have little interest in cruising boulevards.

I just want to drive a Porsche.

Interior of a car = something you live with every time you drive the car. I think it's at least as important as the outward appearance. Black? Sure, if you like a nifty silver/grey/black exterior like the rest of the folk in the matrix.

Otherwise, why not step up the game and go for the natural and/or two-tone combos? These things you will appreciate all the time while you drive it, not just when you glance back at your car in the parking lot.

Sport Design Package = something to let a cabriolet almost pull off the good looks of a GT3. Suits a cab. A coupe with SD package?

Get a GT3 otherwise you're just Ralph in Fonzie's leather jacket.

So my vote tally:

PDK - NO

Sport Chrono - YES

PSE - Meh.... (unless you drive through lots of tunnels and like to imagine everybody wishing they were you, right now!)

SD Package - YES, but better spent elsewhere unless you get a cab

Full Leather - Necessary evil to get more interior design choices.
Great post! My feelings exactly!!!

I'd buy you a beer ( or a Scotch ) anytime.

Steve
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,401 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Hi All,

I've decided to order a C2S, I am planning to keep the car for a long time,
Since you plan to keep for a long time, get everything. Price won't matter in 10 years from now. No buyer's remorse this way.

If you are trying to hold to a budget, drop the PDK and use that to buy the other options.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:10 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

White looks fantastic in a cab with red full leather interior. I have that and also Sport Design kit. Get nothing but complements on the look of the car. This is duplicate message, how do I delete?
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

White looks fantastic in a cab with red full leather interior. I have that and also Sport Design kit. Get nothing but complements on the look of the car. Ordered my Macan Turbo White with the Red/black interior again full leather.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Since you plan to keep for a long time, get everything. Price won't matter in 10 years from now. No buyer's remorse this way.

If you are trying to hold to a budget, drop the PDK and use that to buy the other options.
+1, get both, it won't matter much in the long run. I would drop the sport mirrors, don't think they make much of a difference (versus full leather and sport design package). I'd also recommend the Bose. Best,

Fernando
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,435 Likes on 5,018 Posts

I have both options, and if I had to choose one, it would be Full Leather.

You spend 90% of the time inside the car, and about 10% of it outside admiring it.

If you buy Full Leather, you're buying it for you. If you buy the SDP, you're essentially buying it for everyone else.

Just something to think about. (And for what it's worth, my dealer said the same thing to me when I was considering which of the two to pick. Even though I ended up with both ...)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Cal911
AutoX

Originally Posted by purrybonker
PSE = the days we put playing cards on our bike spokes when were kids.

My car came without it - I added it, now I never use it. I have put away childish things.

PDK = some form of transportation other than a sports car. I almost bought a PDK as being the highest form of automotive engineering accomplishment. I was confusedly compelled by the Germanic excellence of it.
Until I drove one - one block from the dealership I realized that the highest form of THAT particular style of driving was something with an AMG or Ferrari label attached to it.

I don't want an AMG nor do I want a (new) Ferrari. I am neither a track rat nor am I a real housewife of wherever and I have little interest in cruising boulevards.

I just want to drive a Porsche.

Interior of a car = something you live with every time you drive the car. I think it's at least as important as the outward appearance. Black? Sure, if you like a nifty silver/grey/black exterior like the rest of the folk in the matrix.

Otherwise, why not step up the game and go for the natural and/or two-tone combos? These things you will appreciate all the time while you drive it, not just when you glance back at your car in the parking lot.

Sport Design Package = something to let a cabriolet almost pull off the good looks of a GT3. Suits a cab. A coupe with SD package?

Get a GT3 otherwise you're just Ralph in Fonzie's leather jacket.

So my vote tally:

PDK - NO

Sport Chrono - YES

PSE - Meh.... (unless you drive through lots of tunnels and like to imagine everybody wishing they were you, right now!)

SD Package - YES, but better spent elsewhere unless you get a cab

Full Leather - Necessary evil to get more interior design choices.
Wow, you get my vote for most opinionated and arrogant reply since viewing this forum. And you're Canadian...I didn't see that coming.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I faced the same dilemma and chose two tone leather. No regrets at all. And it looks so good and smells sooooo yummy!

BTW, two tone black/platinum would look fantastic in a yellow car. Mmmmm!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,435 Likes on 5,018 Posts

Hi All,

I've decided to order a C2S, I am planning to keep the car for a long time, and here's my build:
White or Racing Yellow
Decided Options:
20 inch wheels painted platinum
Sport Design Mirror
Delete Model Designation
ParkAssist with reversing camera
PDK, PSE, Sport Chorno
Sport design steering wheel
Instrument dial black
Premium package with power sport seats
Undecided Options:
Sport Design Package
Full Leather Interior with two tone red and black (black only if choose Racing yellow)
Bose Audio Package

I don't think I am going to order BOSE since I'm not listening a lot of music in the car and I have PSE ordered, but do you guys think that the standard sound system is crap? I've never heard a standard system since every car on the lot has BOSE in them.

The real question is whether to go with Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior. I like the red and black two tone interior, but don't know how well the red leather will hold up long term and if it is a pain for upkeep.

As for sport design package, I like the looks, but I think at $5,700 here in Canada, it's really expensive just for a "body kit", and it also says the front spoiler will reduce the ground clearance significantly.

I would like to keep the car under 140k before tax, so I can order either full leather or Sport Design Package but not both, unless everyone is yelling at me to get both....

So, what do you guys think? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Me too. Bestest combo in the world.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 01-07-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Me too. Bestest combo in the world.
Nein! Nein! Das ist es nicht. Dies sind die Fotos von der Fabrik mit zwei Tönen Innenraum!

So, what do you guys think?
Follow you gut feeling and best of luck to you with your custom order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2014, 12:23 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I have both options, and if I had to choose one, it would be Full Leather.

You spend 90% of the time inside the car, and about 10% of it outside admiring it.

If you buy Full Leather, you're buying it for you. If you buy the SDP, you're essentially buying it for everyone else.

Just something to think about. (And for what it's worth, my dealer said the same thing to me when I was considering which of the two to pick. Even though I ended up with both ...)
Com'on share the joy.

Actually, is "full leather" = everything in leather? When you look at the interior, I don't think some of the parts needs to be covered in leather, ie fusebox cover.

Quick Reply: Sport Design Package or Full Leather Interior