Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE vs. non PSE exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have. Did it myself. Looks and works great (IMO, obviously). I did this because I bought the PSE components a la carte (rather than buying the kit), which cost me about $1,300, which is about half the price of the kit. Not to mention the labor savings by doing it myself.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by bittrl1000
I have. Did it myself. Looks and works great (IMO, obviously). I did this because I bought the PSE components a la carte (rather than buying the kit), which cost me about $1,300, which is about half the price of the kit. Not to mention the labor savings by doing it myself.
Perfect. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default PSE authorization code standard s tips

Installed the new center muffler and vacuum lines this weekend and went to the Porsche dealer to have button programed. They are asking for an authorization code from the kit. If anyone has theirs handy please pm me. Also used old s tips and they worked perfectly. Center muffler used was 600 button inside and vacuum stuff was 450. Dealer charged 264 for programming but needs a code that apparently comes with the kit. Sound is great !
Old 08-09-2017, 05:32 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's weird I installed parts a la carte, and dealer did not ask me for anything besides button and about $250 when they installed button and reprogrammed.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Never heard of an authorization code. They must be confused.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Capt_and
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bittrl1000
That's weird I installed parts a la carte, and dealer did not ask me for anything besides button and about $250 when they installed button and reprogrammed.
I am bringing my AWE exhaust into the dealer this weekend to have them install it without the PSE button. If I wanted to have them install it with the button, I would have to bring it in myself?

Would not having the PSE button mean that it's on all the time or would it work like stock where the flaps open based on engine speed?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Code

Looks like they figured it out ... now the horn is stuck though *** argh !

QUOTE=STG;14387070]Never heard of an authorization code. They must be confused.[/QUOTE]
code
Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
sessionstu
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qtong
I am bringing my AWE exhaust into the dealer this weekend to have them install it without the PSE button. If I wanted to have them install it with the button, I would have to bring it in myself?

Would not having the PSE button mean that it's on all the time or would it work like stock where the flaps open based on engine speed?
Yes, the PSE button will disable PSE, sending the exhaust to the side mufflers. If you leave the system as is (non-PSE) then it will continue to function as a non-PSE exhaust system but now with the sport exhaust center muffler. Theoretically, you could have the PSE button installed and programmed before installing the PSE components. When I spoke to a dealer, they said they would only program after the components were installed. An Indie shop was fine installing the switch and programming PSE without having the components installed first.

I ended up installing the PSE components and center console switch myself. Everything works perfectly. The car isn't throwing any codes. Apart from the PSE button, all of the center console buttons work fine.

The official (Porsche) PSE retrofit installations doesn't say anything about an authorization code. The instructions show 310 TU for labor time. So that's roughly 5.1 hours to complete. If any dealer is charging more than that...Shame on them.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default 5 hours

5 hours sounds right took my buddy and I that long on Jack stands in the garage and I let the dealer put the buttons in although the dealer said they had to program the car to recognize the button. The interior button part had about 25 pieces and looked fiddly so I was happy to let the dealer do that part.

QUOTE=STG;14387070]Never heard of an authorization code. They must be confused.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by sessionstu
Yes, the PSE button will disable PSE, sending the exhaust to the side mufflers. If you leave the system as is (non-PSE) then it will continue to function as a non-PSE exhaust system but now with the sport exhaust center muffler. Theoretically, you could have the PSE button installed and programmed before installing the PSE components. When I spoke to a dealer, they said they would only program after the components were installed. An Indie shop was fine installing the switch and programming PSE without having the components installed first.

I ended up installing the PSE components and center console switch myself. Everything works perfectly. The car isn't throwing any codes. Apart from the PSE button, all of the center console buttons work fine.

The official (Porsche) PSE retrofit installations doesn't say anything about an authorization code. The instructions show 310 TU for labor time. So that's roughly 5.1 hours to complete. If any dealer is charging more than that...Shame on them.

Quick Reply: PSE vs. non PSE exhaust Tips