Sponsored by:

Sway bar and understeer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:38 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
The car is way too soft on stock SPASM for the track but with my alignment on Cup2s it is neutral. I'm not a fan of patchwork solutions but would like to go to a moton ohlin, Penske or JRZ club sport shock with at least 100% stiffer springs F/R. Just don't want to bother at this point with the reduction in my track time.
I will be getting MPSC2 in the spring for my GTS to use as a dual purpose tire (street and track use). Do the tires grip overwhelm the stock SPASM suspension? Instructor/advanced level driver. I was hoping the suspension would be able to cope with the added grip without feeling too soft.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

better order them now, the 305/30-20's are on backorder with no fulfillment date as of now, just like the MPSS in the same fitment
Old 09-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
I will be getting MPSC2 in the spring for my GTS to use as a dual purpose tire (street and track use). Do the tires grip overwhelm the stock SPASM suspension? Instructor/advanced level driver. I was hoping the suspension would be able to cope with the added grip without feeling too soft.
I wouldn't say it's overwhelmed, certainly your times will drop significantly with the 2s but the car is too soft imo even with the stock tires when pushed hard on the track. Obviously it's a compromise but I would have liked to see the SPASM be a bigger jump from the standard set up. You won't be disappointed in the 2s. Best street tire made imo.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:32 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
That's my goal. I don't want to make any expensive part changes. I'll start out with negative camber and tire pressures as suggested above. Also, I'll see about getting a wider tire up front, but there aren't many options.

A problem I've run into looking for optional tire sizes is that the overall diameter measurement of the wheel/tire changes quite a lot. I'm always afraid too large a difference from OEM will result in oddball feedback to the cars computers. Anyone have a rule of thumb as to what the percentage of varience can safely be?
Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
I wouldn't say it's overwhelmed, certainly your times will drop significantly with the 2s but the car is too soft imo even with the stock tires when pushed hard on the track. Obviously it's a compromise but I would have liked to see the SPASM be a bigger jump from the standard set up. You won't be disappointed in the 2s. Best street tire made imo.
Okay. Thanks. I look forward to giving the cup 2's a try in the spring. I wish they make the yoko AD08 R's in the 991 sizes. I had great experiences with those tires in my previous M3 as a dual purpose tire.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Okay. Thanks. I look forward to giving the cup 2's a try in the spring. I wish they make the yoko AD08 R's in the 991 sizes. I had great experiences with those tires in my previous M3 as a dual purpose tire.
You'll love the 2s, light years ahead of the AD08Rs imo. I ran those on my M3 too, the michelins have the wear and water evac of the 08Rs and better grip than the A048s.

Quick Reply: Sway bar and understeer