Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Track Battle 991 C4S MT vs. 991 C2S PDK (both with powerkit!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
The driver mentioned that and made a point of nothooning on the timed laps.
Yea, I caught that. Nonetheless, drift, drift, drift. Boring. Slow motion drift. Really boring. Drift, drift, drift. Gag.

If all these "journalists" would exclude drifting as part of their reviews just think at all the time they would have leftover to actually tell us something useful about their subjects.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

C4S Coupe PDK vs C2S Cab PDK +PDCC the 4 was about 1sec faster. First hand experience.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting...fun to watch!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:30 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
Yea, I caught that. Nonetheless, drift, drift, drift. Boring. Slow motion drift. Really boring. Drift, drift, drift. Gag.

If all these "journalists" would exclude drifting as part of their reviews just think at all the time they would have leftover to actually tell us something useful about their subjects.
Yeah it does get a bit sickening. I watched Chris Harris (I think) review some billion horsepower AWD all electric super car with massive tires and it was so fast he could barely udder caveman level grunts during his driving "review" but you could tell he HATED that he couldn't Tokyo drift it like he's used to.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
C4S Coupe PDK vs C2S Cab PDK +PDCC the 4 was about 1sec faster. First hand experience.
That is broadly consistent with Randy Pobst "Best Driver" 2012/2013 (C2S vs C4S) tests against the rest of the world at Laguna Seca. If I recall he was a tenth sec faster in the C4S in 2013.

Still unless cars are tested with the same driver in the same conditions on the same day, such small differences are not definitive about the technology.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I must admit I really don't get the obsession with lap times. Why? "Because race car?" But they are street cars, right? Even the McLaren P1 (the car somebody said Chris Harris was upset at not being able to drift around- yeah he looks pretty upset and unable to drift, @24 min) is, that's right, a street car. What this means, to me anyway, is that performance numbers are just that, numbers, and if we bought the cars based on numbers we'd all be driving g-d corvettes. But we don't, because why? Because performance for us goes way beyond numbers and deep into the realm of experience, feeling and emotion. And on that score, what could be more satisfyingly fun that hooning around sideways on the track or, even better, public roads? Is it the fastest way 'round? Nope. But it sure is fun! And street cars are first and foremost fun cars. The closer you get to racing, the more the fun disappears. I believe Chris Harris gets all this. Just look how much fun he's having. @24 min, I mean! Or heck, forget Chris Harris, go watch one of Nicoli's videos!

Quick Reply: EVO Track Battle 991 C4S MT vs. 991 C2S PDK (both with powerkit!)