Joe Lawrence
Executive VP & COO
Porsche Cars North America Inc.

Last edited by wanderfalke; 03-17-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: double post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 AM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Tim Quinn would be your go to guy.

Last edited by wanderfalke; 03-17-2014 at 12:20 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice that the dealership has been working with you on trying to solve the issue and that you've been as patient as possible, but if this were my car I would have drawn the line and gone full offense on PorscheNA with the acid smell. This is ridiculous and not the experience you should have spending $100k+ on what has been a reliable model.
IMO you should give them one more call expressing everything what has happened; show them your channel and the influence your opinion has online. Say that you don't feel safe/satisfied driving the car anymore. At this point you should really get an identical, new replacement car, and tell them that you'll just otherwise take this to Youtube/Porsche Forums/Jalopnik/Autoblog.com/etc as well as file for lemon law protection. You've been patient enough.

- Sohrab
Old 03-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Mercel
Advanced

You've got two YouTube videos up that have collected 130K views between them. It seems it would have been less effort to press your case directly with Porsche than go to the trouble filming your travails, as cathartic they might have been. For me, that sounds a last ditch move, not my first one pleading your case with Porsche.

Lemon laws are on your side and it's just a matter of asserting your rights as they apply in your state. I don't know what you're waiting for, frankly. Just do it.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

For those who endorse the idea of being angry and ranting at reps you come into contact with when trying to resolve problems such as these is this: handing problems by being rude, loud and angry is for beginners with more mouth than brains. Being rude and obnoxious when trying to get something from someone sometimes works, but often backfires. Wiser and smarter people know you can get much further by being tactful and calm than being the typical loud moron, especially when you are right and have evidence to back you up.

Good thing for Nick he seems to have great patience, fantastic video evidence, infinite wisdom and tact. Any who think being a dick is a great course of action when trying to resolve problems effectively could learn a lot from how Nick handles this kind of adversity.

Best of luck, Nick
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Go forward with the lemon law filing - it's a no brainer.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Nick, you know from my PM's that I'm with the folks urging you to get a lot more firm in demanding a new car. Having taken the time to google the CT Lemon Law I know you are on solid ground there. And here's something else to consider. Compare your experience with the recent thread about the simple rear bumper dent. The one where the more they took apart the more damage they found, until it was at the point where if they had not been able to straighten a body part it would have totalled the car. What on the surface appeared to be minor damage was upon thorough investigation anything but. This sounds to me like exactly what you have going on right now. The smell and dash lights and battery drain all sounds like electrical faults which if investigated to an extent equal to the bumper story might well end the same, ie, repair expense nearly equal to the cars value. Whether or not this was the case before the dealer started "fixing" things is moot. The fact is the car has electrical problems now that make it a fire hazard. Thanks to your driving into the dealer service bay while it was still reeking of burnt insulation this should not even be a matter of dispute. You've got a lot of ammo, and a lot of great advice here. Great contacts, too.

Insist on a new car. Go get 'em!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
You've got two YouTube videos up that have collected 130K views between them. It seems it would have been less effort to press your case directly with Porsche than go to the trouble filming your travails, as cathartic they might have been. For me, that sounds a last ditch move, not my first one pleading your case with Porsche.

Lemon laws are on your side and it's just a matter of asserting your rights as they apply in your state. I don't know what you're waiting for, frankly. Just do it.
Did you watch his (high quality) videos were he is reviewing the 991 and praising it (while already having issues)?

The OP is way more tolerant and patient than I would have been.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:18 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mercel
porsche should be kissing his *** for those videos. they should be replacing his vehicle and then some for the inconvenience.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^ +991
Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ +992....

You're amazingly patient and considerate champ. Simply just two fair options for the hardship you've endured- new car or full refund under lemon laws...

Please don't feel bad or that you're being difficult, couldn't be further from the truth and regretfully PAG have done nothing for you to warrant that level of consideration. Go get' em!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 357 Likes on 215 Posts

We're with you Nick! I'm going to post your link on other forums to raise awareness. No way will this get ignored!
You seem like a great guy and I enjoyed your videos!

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Le56ssie
AutoX

getting my car as I waited
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Mercel
Advanced

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Did you watch his (high quality) videos were he is reviewing the 991 and praising it (while already having issues)?

The OP is way more tolerant and patient than I would have been.
Not that it matters but objectively, do you think for one SECOND Porsche is happy with either video? Hell, no. Within the first 2 minutes, his issues are a red flag to anyone considering the car.

Listen, his experience is an anomaly. Few would argue that or there wouldn't be anyone on this board. From the perspective of Porsche, they need videos like this like they need GT3s catching fire --oh wait...

Seriously, we agree that all Nick has to do is calmly insist on a new car. Period. Kudos to Nick for being patient and reasonable. But enough is enough.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:00 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kosmo
^^^^ +991
i can't stand it when organizations mistake kindness for weakness and in this case, Nick very passive-aggressively is ramming it up the exhaust. you work fn hard for a vehicle (esp with your customisations) that has been marked up upon marked up. the perfection of which they brag is what you are paying for and therefore should demand.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling