Sponsored by:

Put a deposit on a targa today

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
I just can't get over the fact some guys have NO reservations whatsoever about posting pics of guns in this international forum 8-) I wonder how I am going to counter that cultural difference. Maybe I'll start posting pics of sex toys ... LOL
Whahaha!!! Good one!!!

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I just can't get over the fact some guys have NO reservations whatsoever about posting pics of guns in this international forum 8-)

I wonder how I am going to counter that cultural difference. Maybe I'll start posting pics of sex toys ...

LOL
That gun was built in Eckernforde Germany, so it should be ok!

Seriously though do you find the picture of a firearm offensive? I think in the states, by users, they are looked at as inanimate tools. It's interesting to see the different perceptions around the world.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 681 Posts

I just can't get over the fact some guys have NO reservations whatsoever about posting pics of guns in this international forum 8-)

I wonder how I am going to counter that cultural difference. Maybe I'll start posting pics of sex toys ...

LOL
Guns are only scary if you don't know how to use them. I grew up in Western Pennsylvania in the 50s and 60s. My public high school closed for opening day of deer season. I drove around with a shotgun in my trunk all fall (to school), because we would often go pheasant or rabbit hunting after school, or went trap shooting at one of the three gun clubs I belonged to.
What's scary is the thought of NOT being able to own guns, at least to me.
Sex toys? Meh. I promise to not complain or act offended by "cultural differences".
:-0
Old 01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
Seriously though do you find the picture of a firearm offensive? I think in the states, by users, they are looked at as inanimate tools. It's interesting to see the different perceptions around the world.
Honestly, yes, very offensive ! Makes me feel very uncomfortable !
Where I live, such is deemed aggressive, criminal, and so on ... no nice adjectives come to mind I'm afraid ...

But that doesn't mean I'm going to start a crusade to ban these gun pictures here. If that is normal business for you guys, so be it, than I suppose it has its place here.
But I think on the other hand it is important that you guys are aware that there are parts in the world where people find that shocking/offensive.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

true, I understand what you are saying, and I don't want to get off subject but ( get the 4s and congratulations )
as I was saying, I was in Norway, and a friend of mine ask me what he should get for his next car, and I suggest a BMW 335is, and he said no way, thats like gangsta car/brand. I said what??? He told me most of his friends and people around town thinks that BMW owners or bad or something. They really believe that, its the culture or way of life, I mean even police don't carry firearms over there. Forums like this does not exclude anyone from joining, open to anyone with open mind of course, and when you venture in forums like this, expect things like this to pop up here and there. Its pretty much normal over here in the states, especially in any car forum. As long as they are not threatening, there are moderators to control that.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes but on The other hand i vividly recall some tried to crucify me over an analogy with a tongue in check sexual connotation !
Acceptance of cultural differences has to go both ways !
Old 01-25-2014, 01:18 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Honestly, yes, very offensive ! Makes me feel very uncomfortable !
Where I live, such is deemed aggressive, criminal, and so on ... no nice adjectives come to mind I'm afraid ...
As it turns out, not all Americans are the same. As a gun owner, I personally don't have a problem with the photos, but I expect many Americans would share your thoughts and feelings.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to topic --

Can't wait to see pictures when you take delivery - it'll take a wide angle lens to capture your smile
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Fundip
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will get the 4s and PDK for sure. Don't know about the sports exhaust though. I asked the dealer how it sounded and he said it was very loud and aggressive. I don't mind the aggressive part, but I don't want it to be like a bugle, announcing my presence.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Fundip
Will get the 4s and PDK for sure. Don't know about the sports exhaust though. I asked the dealer how it sounded and he said it was very loud and aggressive. I don't mind the aggressive part, but I don't want it to be like a bugle, announcing my presence.
You can turn the PSE on and off at your discretion.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
That's great! I had my X5 Allround in Mine yesterday.
I can relate....

Last edited by Hothonda; 01-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit on a targa today