Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of New Dual Tone 'Espresso/Cognac' Leather Interior!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Richard_911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The net is carpet color. I have the cognac/espresso and like it a lot. I did add steering leather steering column wrap with deviated stitching and leather in lieu of aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 12-21-2013, 01:14 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The cognac looks like a cross between amber orange and luxor beige. I like it. The two tone is gorgeous, but I think the Natural Brown color from the 997 you posted Eduardo is my favorite of all. I drove a base Cayman with that color interior (987) and it was beautiful.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
The cognac looks like a cross between amber orange and luxor beige. I like it. The two tone is gorgeous, but I think the Natural Brown color from the 997 you posted Eduardo is my favorite of all. I drove a base Cayman with that color interior (987) and it was beautiful.
Yes, I agree. Attached is a photo of 'Natural Brown' with deviating stitching in 'Silver' provided by 'Porsche Exclusive' for an article done on their program at 'Life+Time' in 2012:

http://lifeandtimes.com/the-top-cars-of-porsche-custom

I want to remind all that 'Natural Brown' is now available via 'Porsche Exclusive' for the 991 or 981. It can be custom ordered via the 'Leather to Sample' option. The latter has a characteristic which you need to be aware of. All the soft-touch color plastic trim (ventilation, speakers, etc) on the interior (dash, doors, rear panels) come in default 'Black' on any custom LTS interior. You can either live with that...or have this trim covered in your chosen leather. This adds to the cost...but the results are very impressive. Notice the leather covered door mechanism on the 997 in the photo attached!

A full leather interior in Leather-to-Sample is surprisingly 'affordable' at $5440. It is a $1750 up-charge from your basic grade leather interior of $3690. But only $240 more than the $5200 Porsche charges for 'Espresso' or 'Carrera Red'! And it is LESS than the $5630 they charge for the dual tone 'Espresso/Cognac'. My understanding is that the color 'Natural Brown' is a higher grade semi-aniline 'natural' leather. So the quality of this beautiful leather is comparable with that of 'Espresso', 'Carrera Red' or 'Cognac'. I would encourage any of you to seriously consider this optional 'Natural Brown' interior on your 991 custom order via Leather-to-Sample with a deviating stitching in 'Silver' (if the latter is currently allowed). Plus you will end up with a 'unique' interior on a 991!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Link to thread on 'Custom Ordering a 991':
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 PM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great
Old 12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Most beautiful 911 I ever saw was a Dark Olive Green 997 with full Natural Brown leather interior. At that time it was a standard color so the plastic bits were normal not black or leather. Something about that shade, or maybe leather quality, or both, but it just looks incredibly rich in person. Very rare, only recall two examples, which come to think of it is another good thing about it. Never could understand why one of the best leather colors I've ever seen anywhere is so seldom ordered...
Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chuck911
Most beautiful 911 I ever saw was a Dark Olive Green 997 with full Natural Brown leather interior...Never could understand why one of the best leather colors I've ever seen anywhere is so seldom ordered...
Same here. It was not a common option at all in the 997 in standard form (w. natural brown carpeting) and rare indeed with deviating carpeting in black (my favorite combination). Simply don't know why it was not more popular!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images   
Old 12-27-2013, 03:10 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics of my C2S mahogany metallic bi tone which just arrived, the car wasn't prepared when In went to see it and took these photos. I had to travel, so I'll have to wait till January to see it the way it should be.

The problem with bi tone natural leather is that I wanted all deviated stitching, and they don't allow you to do the seats or any other than the ones by default.
Attached Images     
Old 12-27-2013, 03:13 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Here are some other pics
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (01-17-2022)
Old 12-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Well Done!

Originally Posted by dr bit
The problem with bi tone natural leather is that I wanted all deviated stitching, and they don't allow you to do the seats or any other than the ones by default.
If I may say so, dr bit, a rather 'high class' problem to have! In these dual tones, I don't mind being limited to deviating stitching only on the dash, top of doors & top of rear side panels. And besides, you got so many other 'Porsche Exclusive' options approved on your interior, including:

a) Steering Column Casing in Leather (XNS) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac'

b) Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather (XWK)

c) Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching (XHS) and with model logo!

d) Additional Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather (CZW) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac' (see dash details in attached photo, including also column casing).

f) Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated (CXC)
$1,210

g) Plus the carbon fiber interior package!

Congratulations, on the cabin details alone, your new 991 looks terrific! That is the proper way to finish off a dual tone full leather interior! Details DO matter. And that is the formula (especially including Porsche Exclusive Options XNS, CZW & XHS) that I would recommend all to do it if you choose a dual tone interior like 'Espresso/Cognac' in order to give it a truly luxurious look! It takes just a tad more to finish off correctly a 'full leather' interior on a 991 and you are looking at how it's done!

I am sure the other mechanical aspects of the car will also impress! Enjoy in good health!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Samp4
Racer

Man - I wish I would have seen this before ordering mine. I have the espresso/cognac but no 'extra' leather. The Steering column and dash would have made it so great. I love the soft leather so much more than the stock. I guess I will have to start planning my next one.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:20 PM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
If I may say so, dr bit, a rather 'high class' problem to have! In these dual tones, I don't mind being limited to deviating stitching only on the dash, top of doors & top of rear side panels. And besides, you got so many other 'Porsche Exclusive' options approved on your interior, including: a) Steering Column Casing in Leather (XNS) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac' b) Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather (XWK) c) Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching (XHS) and with model logo! d) Additional Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather (CZW) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac' (see dash details in attached photo, including also column casing). f) Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated (CXC) $1,210 g) Plus the carbon fiber interior package! Congratulations, on the cabin details alone, your new 991 looks terrific! That is the proper way to finish off a dual tone full leather interior! Details DO matter. And that is the formula (especially including Porsche Exclusive Options XNS, CZW & XHS) that I would recommend all to do it if you choose a dual tone interior like 'Espresso/Cognac' in order to give it a truly luxurious look! It takes just a tad more to finish off correctly a 'full leather' interior on a 991 and you are looking at how it's done! I am sure the other mechanical aspects of the car will also impress! Enjoy in good health! Saludos, Eduardo .
Thanks so much Eduardo, I'm impressed how you read all the details! Here is a copy of my order: Name:  image-594267129.jpg
Views: 6490
Size:  243.0 KB I did the exercise with renders about the deviated carpet, at the end I chose the cognac one since the car is mahogany in the exterior, so I though it was going to be too much brown, but now I'm having regrets. I don't know how hard and expensive could be replacing it in a couple of years... Aftermarket equipment I got a FVD brombacher bypass center muffler with valves which will respect the PSE button when Id like to have it quit or much louder. Also searching for Spacers, Im in between RSS or brey Krause. (7-15mm)
Old 12-27-2013, 07:59 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

that's one of the best interiors i have ever seen.
a keeper car i gather, with those sill plates.
very nice!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:57 PM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
that's one of the best interiors i have ever seen. a keeper car i gather, with those sill plates. very nice!
Thanks Jimmy! Yes, that's the idea, to keep the car and pass it to the next generation, that's the reason I went with this classical and conservative colors (ext and int), I think my next Porsche will be a 993 or 964 either orange, Blue Mexico or bright green.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:23 AM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

a) Steering Column Casing in Leather (XNS) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac'

d) Additional Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather (CZW) with deviated stitching in 'Cognac' (see dash details in attached photo, including also column casing).

The stitching with options XNS and CZW in the Espresso/Cognac interior, does that automatically end up being deviated to cognac because the other Espresso leather parts get the deviated stitching with this interior, or does that have to be requested explicitly? It didn't look, from the iPhone screen shot like there was any mention of those options being done with deviated stitching.

For example, codes for various deviated stitching options were posted in this Deviated stitching topic, but I don't see those codes for above options in the order screenshot a couple of posts back.

Absolutely gorgeous interior.

Last edited by apias; 12-30-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by apias
The stitching with options XNS and CZW in the Espresso/Cognac interior, does that automatically end up being deviated to cognac because the other Espresso leather parts get the deviated stitching with this interior, or does that have to be requested explicitly?
Requested explicitly. Even though it might not be listed in what dr bit posted above, I believe that Porsche typically would have asked for & charged the customer a fee for deviated stitching for those two specific options (XNS and CZW). And would not have done it in deviating stitching unless requested on the custom order. Doubt that has changed in dual tone orders. Perhaps dr bit will address it directly in a future post.

Earlier in the 991 production cycle, the problem was that Porsche did not yet offer deviating stitching on some of these options. So you got the default stitching on some options and deviating in others. This was the case at the time I first started posting on my thread 'Custom Ordering a 991' in Summer of 2012.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Saludos,
Eduardo

Quick Reply: Photos of New Dual Tone 'Espresso/Cognac' Leather Interior!