Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Whipping. Kinky.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
Wow, your car looks amazing.

I just drive through the auto wash at the gas station. I do try to avoid the whipping chamois ones when possible though.
Thanks. Less work than one would think. Easier to keep up than catch up.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm a big Griots fan, but more important than the line of products is using whatever products you buy as directed. If you are not willing to spend 3-4 hours detailing the car with a pure wax (not a sealant) then don't buy one that requires a cure period. If you try an rush products and you will be frustrated and get poor results.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
RIndy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience comparing different products.

Save money and only start with Zaino's borderless blonde microfiber towels for claying, waxing, detailing. I have several other brands I won't use anymore because the Zaino's are better.

Griots clay is much better than chemical guys. After using Griots I was placing a order with CG's so I tried their mild clay. The latter left deposits of clay on paint despite plenty of detail spray and finesse. During my first small section with the clay it looked like I was damaging the paint but was able to remove w 3M tar removal. Using same technique on multiple occasions with Griots there was no problem. Plus the Griots did a better job of removing fine tar deposits on wheel surfaces.

Griots speed shine much better than chemical guys CG-Speed Wipe detail spray. The CG's detailer comparatively does a terrible job at lubrication for claying.

CG's sent me a leaky canister of their Second Skin 6 sealant which they would not replace. No more CG's orders from me.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Fantastic information Everyone! Thanks.. This is very helpful..
For one, I am not getting the Polisher and I saw Griot's on Amazon but then there were many other brands too like EcoTouch & Meguiar.. I will look up a bunch of these and try to come up with a good line. I appreciate not having to buy a bunch of products and then thru trial and error find the ones that are proven to be the best.
@Hammer.. holy cow.. talk about pristine! I am jealous!

Oh, and has anybody tried the Porsche products sold on their website? (see link)
http://shop4.porsche.com/usa/car/car...ase-coupe.pdds
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Doctordel
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving the replies here, all.

As an aside, Hammer, the debadged 4S rear looks dead fcking sexy. Mine is coming off come first light.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctordel
Loving the replies here, all.

As an aside, Hammer, the debadged 4S rear looks dead fcking sexy. Mine is coming off come first light.
Thanks. As I've noted before, I think it works on the 4S because of the light bar otherwise it would look too naked.

Quick Reply: Your Favorite Car Cleaning Products