Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
"Just too much going on... agree it looks cartoonish." And that's from a life-long Corvette enthusiast!

"A Transformer robot." BINGO!

The car is a joke. In my wildest most over the top rant I couldn't begin to come close to conveying what a joke they have in the C7. Imagine, if you can, or better yet fantasize, that instead of a monster engine with monster tires the C7 was a true drivers car of unsurpassed refinement. In other words, pretend it drives like a 911. Would you still want one? Would you really? When everyone- well not everyone really just everyone done with being a teenager - is looking at it expecting to see an endless stream of circus clowns emerge from the impossibly tiny cockpit every time the door opens? I mean I am pretty good and try my best but the C7 just sits there mocking me, knowing no matter what I say it will always be in the real world infinitely, impossibly, more absurd.
Tell us how you really feel Chuck!
That said, I'm inclined to agree.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:46 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

the more I look at it, the more it looks like a concept car that they brought to market...
Old 11-05-2013, 02:46 PM
mi650
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
I like it a little less every time I see it.

This. I loved Vettes as a kid, teenager, young adult. I'm looking out my office window at my C2S, and can't make myself even consider that I bought the wrong car.

ETA: The rear end on the C7 is hideous. A couple weeks ago, I had 1 in my rear view mirror for about 20-25 miles. It looked good back there.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:32 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

"Just too much going on... agree it looks cartoonish." And that's from a life-long Corvette enthusiast!

"A Transformer robot." BINGO!

The car is a joke. In my wildest most over the top rant I couldn't begin to come close to conveying what a joke they have in the C7. Imagine, if you can, or better yet fantasize, that instead of a monster engine with monster tires the C7 was a true drivers car of unsurpassed refinement. In other words, pretend it drives like a 911. Would you still want one? Would you really? When everyone- well not everyone really just everyone done with being a teenager - is looking at it expecting to see an endless stream of circus clowns emerge from the impossibly tiny cockpit every time the door opens? I mean I am pretty good and try my best but the C7 just sits there mocking me, knowing no matter what I say it will always be in the real world infinitely, impossibly, more absurd.

We haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but damn, I'm with Chuck ... again !
Old 11-05-2013, 05:08 PM
adamsclubs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mi650:10883001
Originally Posted by MarcusG
I like it a little less every time I see it.

This. I loved Vettes as a kid, teenager, young adult. I'm looking out my office window at my C2S, and can't make myself even consider that I bought the wrong car.

ETA: The rear end on the C7 is hideous. A couple weeks ago, I had 1 in my rear view mirror for about 20-25 miles. It looked good back there.
When I first saw the C7, I thought it was too busy and transformer like. But I also reminded myself beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe I was getting to that old age my taste is different, or maybe GM is really going after the younger crowds, the segment both Porsche and GM have a fresh fair shot at.

Regardless, the market will speak for the new design. Our opinions will be background noise if the C7 can keep up the sales numbers.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 PM
mrstep
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I passed one (1st I've seen on the road) the other day. From the front it's OK if busy, but the side profile and rear are Michael Bay designed. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you feel about his movies, right? I mean, I've seen cars with Transformers faces on them driving around several times (including one that must have been a Transformers edition Camaro... or maybe Mustang?... Not interested enough in it to remember when I head to that dealer... ), so apparently someone likes that crap.

Oops, guess I that lets you know where I fall on this issue too. I think the curves vs. over-angled mess argument pretty well sums it up.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:22 PM
mi650
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrstep
I passed one (1st I've seen on the road) the other day. From the front it's OK if busy, but the side profile and rear are Michael Bay designed. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you feel about his movies, right? I mean, I've seen cars with Transformers faces on them driving around several times (including one that must have been a Transformers edition Camaro... or maybe Mustang?... Not interested enough in it to remember when I head to that dealer... ), so apparently someone likes that crap.

Oops, guess I that lets you know where I fall on this issue too. I think the curves vs. over-angled mess argument pretty well sums it up.

My wife drives a 'Bumblebee'. yellow SS with black stripes.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Previous z06 was way better looking.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Tell us how you really feel Chuck!
That said, I'm inclined to agree.
How I really feel? Well then, the truth is, the only thing better than a Corvette is a movie that really gets deep into the heart and soul of not only the Corvette, but the people who are so in love with it.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How I really feel? Well then, the truth is, the only thing better than a Corvette is a movie that really gets deep into the heart and soul of not only the Corvette, but the people who are so in love with it.
Corvette Summer Trailer (1978) High Quality - YouTube
That movie was actually worse than it looks like it was.

Pom Pom Girls was much better.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:17 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw a black one going the other way and it was a head turner. Would like to see close up.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
Previous z06 was way better looking.

+1

I really liked the way the C6 ZO6 looks.

I really don't like the way the C7 looks.

I really love my 991.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Still in thought.

If I needed a track car that I wouldn't worry about putting into the wall or turning it into a powdered doughnut I'd drop $40k on a 08-09 ZO6.

The C7 is way too much money for a Vette.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:49 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4
The Force is really strong in those corvette people .
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 391 Likes on 167 Posts

Two neighbors of mine have the new Stingray; one in metallic Blue and the other Black. In Black it looks quite good and sounds great as well.

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 today