Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Consumption During Break-in

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Harold1898
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 3200 kms on the clock after 3 1/2 months and I just drive it. I don't care about running in instructions on a car, never have. Have not used any oil. Now if you buy a new C63 like I had previously then you get to know about oil consumption. Any MB dealer will top up your oil at any time free of charge because some of them drink oil. Others are quite conservative after the first 3000 kms. Go figure.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:07 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
^Chuck, I think it's 1 liter per 1,000 km. Crazy if you ask me.
Well then if my rusty old brain is any good I'd say that's the same figure I recall and it hasn't changed in decades. And I'm almost certain it is the same figure because I recall doing some quick math and realizing its very nearly a quart per tank of gas! Which it is! I'll hasten to add for any worried newbies out there, in 20+ years around all generations of 911's, including some old track and autox veterans, I can only recall one or two that were pushing up against that level. And that includes one very old 911 staging for autox that would lose a drop off the case every few seconds while it was waiting to run. So yes I agree it is crazy. Then again we aren't the ones footing the bill if they have to replace a $16k motor. Oh wait- we bought Porsches. I guess then they would pass the costs on and we would be the ones paying after all!

Quick Reply: Oil Consumption During Break-in