Advice sought - Mexico blue cab build

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice sought - Mexico blue cab build

Hi all.

I put a deposit down on the 911_50 four months ago, but as much as I like its design details, I'm tired of waiting for a build number and ultimately not in love with any of color options. So I think I'll give up my spot and revert to my original plan, a PTS/Exclusive build of a Mexico blue cabriolet.

I'd appreciate any advice on choice of color for the soft top. The interior will be two-tone natural leather Espresso / Cognac. I'm open to black top and wheels, which seem to be the normal pairing with Mexico blue, but in general, I prefer (over black) grays, browns, and blues with other blues. For example, with business apparel, I always pair blues with grays/browns/blues, not black. And that's why I'm trying to determine whether there's a great alternative to black for Mexico blue.

The options on the soft-top are brown, darker blue, and black. The wheel choices are platinum gray and black. Which do you think would look most spectacular? Please mention if you've ever seen one of these cabriolet combos before. Thanks!

Here are some images from the configurator, which offers a Mexico blue-like color when you select PTS. You can also click this http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PE1D35N8 to play with the options.

Mexico blue with brown top:

Mexico blue with navy top:

Mexico blue with black top:

Mexico blue with black top and black wheels:
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well.. truth be told your color choices are your own and there is no wrong here.... but if you like the yummy Mexico blue exterior with the sophisticated espresso / cognac interior, I would vote for the brown top but I would also option the wheels in the standard silver instead of platinum painted. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by rpilot; 09-30-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's totally a question of personal preference. Mine would be the black top and the black wheels.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some color combos are personal preference - but alot of it is science.

http://colorschemedesigner.com/

If you put in a color close to your PTS and triad colors it comes up with a brown similar to the first top. I personally think that brown could look great, although I think the brown in the render you posted doesn't quite match or due justice to ehe real life version, in person it looks alot richer.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Is say stay safe and do a black top.

Do Sport Techno wheels.

And get the Power Kit to bump the ponies up to the same level as the 911-50.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Those are very interesting color choices.. I would go for Black top and black wheels..
I am not so crazy about the Platinum wheels.. I saw them in person and I did not like them.

No matter what you choose though, I recommend going to the dealership and looking at swatches in person. Make sure they harmonize the way you imagine they will. I would be very upset if my car arrived and the brow or blue top clashes with the Mexican blue.

Looking forward to finding out what your final choice is and even more, seeing pictures of it when it arrives

Good luck, and have fun building your dream car!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexVan
Is say stay safe and do a black top.

Do Sport Techno wheels.

And get the Power Kit to bump the ponies up to the same level as the 911-50.
You called the final configuration: black top, Sport Techno wheels in black, and Power Kit (which was always the plan). So the exterior will be a harmonious mix of Mexico blue paint with black and some silver/chrome. The interior will be the two-tone espresso/cognac, with plenty of leather upgrades.

Having now spent 5 months planning, and after going from custom cab to 911_50 back to custom cab, I'm now 100% confident that I'm configuring the best car I can, for me, for the money. I'm expecting to get one of my dealer's first January 2014 build numbers, once allocated. I'll definitely post pictures.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 AM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

All look great! my choice would have been blue top, platinum wheels.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:33 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Your first choice at the top, with the brown top, is the best BY FAR! And I'm not just saying that because Justin has so thoughtfully provided irrefutable scientific evidence of its superiority! It just plain looks better. And Justin is also right about the Configurator. The real thing will look even better. However much you like it on the Configurator, you'll like it even more when they make it. I think that is one thing pretty much everyone here will agree on.

Quick Reply: Advice sought - Mexico blue cab build