Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Curbs - What do you do to protect your car

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I know you're asking for something temporary/removable, but studying your pictures I really think your problem is a combination of the dip coming off the road followed by the driveway rise. The only real solution is to fill in that dip as much as possible. Another big improvement will be to eliminate the ghastly grooves. So your best option is to fill that area in. A couple bags of cement should do it.

I would start with some scrap plywood and 2X4's to test and determine just how much you need to adjust your contours. As long as you leave even a slight dip water will find it so don't worry about that. Your best result will be if you cut out part of the concrete. But if you don't want to rent a cutter then just take a sledge to knock down those first few ridges near the top edge. You're trying to avoid your new concrete tapering too thin near the edges. Although it will be hard for anything you do to look worse than what's there... but still... Do it right and you should have no problems at all.

If your testing shows you need to completely fill in the dip then while you're at the hardware store buying your concrete have them get you a few feet of 3 or 4" dia ABS and ask them to rip it lengthwise for you. Lay them in the dip to form a tunnel when the concretes poured.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
JamesKen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to be Mr. negative but in every place I know she does not own that curb. Plus pouring a few inches of concrete on top of that and then driving your car over it is going to make that concrete last a few months before it cracks in to little pieces. You would have to tear the whole curb out and I am pretty sure you would have to go through what ever municipality you live in to do that.

Quick Reply: High Curbs - What do you do to protect your car