Saying hello, new 991 owner here

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
BlackSpeed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saying hello, new 991 owner here

Hi everyone,
Just made the deal with my dealer for a new 991, yahoooo.
If all goes well, she'll be coming at the end of October!

Here's the spec's:

2014 911S (c2s)
Blk/Blk (of course)
SPASM
Sport Exhaust
PDK
Heated Seats
Fire Extinguisher
Sport Chrono
Glass Sunroof
SportDesign Wheel
Sport Seats Plus
Bose
Sport Design pkg (a must for me, love the ducktail)
Sport Techno's painted Blk
Red Seat Belts (for a splash of color)

Been a lurker over the past few months while I've been deliberating over what's going to replace my fully loaded c63. After multiple test drives, the 991 was the only car that made me smile and say "Are you kidding me?" I love the sound of the sport exhaust and ohhh that PDK, wow--just wow.

I can't wait for her to arrive in a months time, but it will be sad to let go of my beloved AMG. I love the AMG community and will truly miss being part of the group, but I hope the P-car family will be just as much fun!

Cheers!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,412 Likes on 2,516 Posts

By late October you'll be saying, "AMG what?". Nice spec's. Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM
meine911
Racer

Welcome Black Speed! I wonder where that name came from. Good that you got a fire extinguisher with that hot toy. Enjoy.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:15 PM
BlackSpeed
Advanced

Thanks guys, I can't wait!
I see lots and lots of days spent detailing this beauty, just like all my black cars over the years
I almost got a white one and considered silver, but I just love black. My 3 year old C63 looks like it just rolled off the assembly line yesterday, dare I say it may look even better.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sweet! gratz!!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Welcome and Congratulations! Be sure to post many pictures You are very lucky to get your car so fast! I have to wait 3 months for my order. Did you custom order it?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:28 AM
DvidzBlk991
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
Hi everyone,
Just made the deal with my dealer for a new 991, yahoooo.
If all goes well, she'll be coming at the end of October!

Here's the spec's:

2014 911S (c2s)
Blk/Blk (of course)
SPASM
Sport Exhaust
PDK
Heated Seats
Fire Extinguisher
Sport Chrono
Glass Sunroof
SportDesign Wheel
Sport Seats Plus
Bose
Sport Design pkg (a must for me, love the ducktail)
Sport Techno's painted Blk
Red Seat Belts (for a splash of color)

Been a lurker over the past few months while I've been deliberating over what's going to replace my fully loaded c63. After multiple test drives, the 991 was the only car that made me smile and say "Are you kidding me?" I love the sound of the sport exhaust and ohhh that PDK, wow--just wow.

I can't wait for her to arrive in a months time, but it will be sad to let go of my beloved AMG. I love the AMG community and will truly miss being part of the group, but I hope the P-car family will be just as much fun!

Cheers!
Congrats! Nice specs. I ordered a 2014 Blk/Blk C2 Coupe with 20" Carrera Black Carrera S wheels.
Ordered 7/14, and Should come in around mid to late October.
Would love to see some pics of yours when it comes in. The Sport Techno's painted Blk with the Blk car will look really nice.

Last edited by DvidzBlk991; 09-25-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:12 PM
BlackSpeed
Advanced

Thanks guys!
I didn't custom order the car, I gave my dealer my wish list and they found this car in production and they were able to get it for me. It has about 95% of what I would have ordered and the missing 5% was unimportant fluff
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Harold1898
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Black one, I traded my 2012 C63 in on a new 991S two months ago and there are some good and some bad elements of the change. The C63 has a much better sound at all times, the PDK has a stupid system whereby it disengages the drive when you take your foot off ie you idle down the road, you will be used to using the engine compression to slow down, this you can not do with the 991. The other thing which defies logic is the 991 is fitted with an engine cut out in normal drive. This is overridden in sports but who in their right mind thought a car that costs $300k (here in Australia) is going to be driven by someone who thinks about that minuscule fuel saving? All in all I regret my change over and will definitely change back and take the financial hit, when the new AMG is released. On the up side the 991 has a much better look to it and it gets the power to the ground from a start much easier than the AMG.
The AMG community is extremely active and inclusive as you would know.
Don't want to offend any Porsche owner with my comments so please forgive me if you find my comments offensive.

Last edited by Harold1898; 09-25-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 09-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold1898
Hey Black one, I traded my 2012 C63 in on a new 991S two months ago and there are some good and some bad elements of the change. The C63 has a much better sound at all times, the PDK has a stupid system whereby it disengages the drive when you take your foot off ie you idle down the road, you will be used to using the engine compression to slow down, this you can not do with the 991. The other thing which defies logic is the 991 is fitted with an engine cut out in normal drive. This is overridden in sports but who in their right mind thought a car that costs $300k (here in Australia) is going to be driven by someone who thinks about that minuscule fuel saving? All in all I regret my change over and will definitely change back and take the financial hit, when the new AMG is released. On the up side the 991 has a much better look to it and it gets the power to the ground from a start much easier than the AMG. The AMG community is extremely active and inclusive as you would know. Don't want to offend any Porsche owner with my comments so please forgive me if you find my comments offensive.
Porsche needs to do those stop/start functions and coasting functions in order to be able to meet the EU emission regulations as a company. Merc doesn't have that problem (yet) because they have enough small cars in their line-up to compensate the AMG models. It's all about the green mafia. On the other hand, I like the coasting function and although i'm not a fan of Stop/start, I got used to it and I don't mind anymore. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I like it when my car gets a little bit better milage...

That said... I'm used to the fact that MB drivers only think about themselves. But then again... an AMG is just a beefed up taxi and a Porsche is a sportscar
Don't want to offend any AMG or Merc drivers BTW. Just my personal opinion and experience.

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Saying hello, new 991 owner here