Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't Porsche put Deviatec Stitching in their Configurator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why can't Porsche put Deviatec Stitching in their Configurator?

Should say DEVIATED STITCHING. Typing on a mobile phone can be a bEyOtch sometimes

Why? Of.course there is just a few little options like Deviated Stitch for the steering wheel. But for the most part all off the deviated stitching options, the ones Identified with Five digits beginning with the number 2 do not exist, the ones you have to have Leather options for?

For me the Porsche configurator is a joke. For the PC you need that silly UNITY player add on while it is already using Flash to begin with.

And if you don't have Unity most of the options you have will not change on the screen. It just stays put.

What I want is the Configurator they use at the auto shows and the dealers.

Sorry just letting off some steam. Tis a little silly sure but when the Unity Player is buggier than a bugger, well you too would understand.

/rant

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 09-24-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: DUNCE
Old 09-24-2013, 03:23 PM
LotF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The majority of Porsche's are bought off the lot as spec'ed by the dealer. The dealers spec what sells. Few cars are configured with deviate anything. Deviate option codes aren't standard codes and are deleted, dropped, and added as required for a custom build. In theory one could deviate everything on the car. That would be a big code list. Internet car forums represent a small percentage of the car market and are the only one's who might order a deviation.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just name ONE configurator that is better.... I have seen a lot and IMO the Porsche configurator is by far the best out there. I agree that the Unity player can be buggy, but on the other hand, it looks pretty amazing for a basic configurator. That said... I've never had any problems with the configurator on OSX.
There's not one configurator out there that has that many options like the one from Porsche.

The deviated stitching and all other z-options are way to complicated to put on the public configurator. Most people don't understand all the differences anyway. In fact... Most don't even understand what all the options are about on the configurator right now. No one is ordering a car from the configurator so why would they put all the options on there... If you want to order and personalize your car, you need to go to the dealership or the Porsche Exclusive department in your country.

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Why can't Porsche put Deviatec Stitching in their Configurator?