Sponsored by:

Worth the wait...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David in Talent
THANK YOU for the pics ! To my eye I do not see much difference in the rear hips between the C2S and the C4S in the 991 series. Can you comment ? I have a 997 C4S and the difference in rear view seems much more pronounced when compared to a 997 C2S.
It's partly the angles in the shots, I think. Only the last one shows a bit of hip. It definitely looks more "hippy" in real life. But no, I don't think there is a huge difference between the two.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 AM
knasman
Instructor

I finally made good on my promise to check out the LED lights. These days my wife usually doesn't blink twice when I casually mention that I better take the car out a little. Though doing so at 9PM struck her as a little odd. "You're testing what exactly?!". But that's what I did! Keep in mind that my reference is the M3 xenon, since I have never tried the Porsche xenon.

The hue of the light seems completely neutral. It's surgically clean, without any blueish tint. It lights up the road very nicely, no strains on the eyes at all. kitwetzler mentioned that the lights swivel more than they do in the E9x M3, and that is definitely true. It lights up the destination perfectly on turn in. I engaged the auto high beam and took it into more remote mountain regions, and boy, when the high beam first fired up I was blown away. Much better than the M3 xenon high.

The auto on/off works fairly well. It seemed to err on the side of caution, which works better than on the M3 where it often waited too long to dim down. In the M3, I often found myself reaching for the stalk to avoid blinding ongoing traffic on. Need more mileage at night to fully render an opinion on that, however.

So is it worth the $3K? For me, certainly, I wanted to see what pure LED lights could do. And they work absolutely great. Look pretty damn sweet, too. Do they offer much better performance than the xenon and is PDLS+ better than PDLS? I don't know. The extra safety bits of PDLS+ are definitely nice to have, but functionally I don't have a real baseline to compare to.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
JJ Cleghorne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman
Hi,

Yesterday was finally the day. Got a note from the dealer at 6PM Friday, picked it up 10AM Saturday. Promptly put 300 miles on it. What a great car this is! Absolutely loving it so far. Only one pic so far, spent more time behind the wheel than behind the camera

Already had my first little scrape on the front. SPASM does sit a little low, but looks great. And that bottom plastic part, no worries on that.
Is that color Agate? Enjoy it in good health!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by JJ Cleghorne
Is that color Agate? Enjoy it in good health!
It is indeed. And thanks!

Quick Reply: Worth the wait...