Carrera -Ordering, Options and Observations

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spourreza
Well said.
I am trying to do exactly #3, have a buyer teed up and chomping at the bit for my M3, and everyone selling used 991s seem to want 90% of sticker for a 2012 with 10,000 miles. As if.....

Here I am, cash in hand, ready to buy! Just need a basic 991 with manual transmission, not red or yellow, for a discount off of new car price that makes it worthwhile.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

^^^That's the logical solution. Unfortunately for me, and many others, the emotional aspect comes into play, too. I started out being very logical and reasonably money-wise. I searched for an acceptable used car for months and none of them ticked enough of the right boxes to fulfill what I considered to be my dream car. My money-wise logic morphed into the realization/fear that I would eventually not be happy with a car that falls short regarding my dream configuration. So I bit the bullet and embraced the irrational action of purchasing the car new. I'm financially poorer for it. But emotionally I am on top of the world! No regrets.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
^^^That's the logical solution. Unfortunately for me, and many others, the emotional aspect comes into play, too. I started out being very logical and reasonably money-wise. I searched for an acceptable used car for months and none of them ticked enough of the right boxes to fulfill what I considered to be my dream car. My money-wise logic morphed into the realization/fear that I would eventually not be happy with a car that falls short regarding my dream configuration. So I bit the bullet and embraced the irrational action of purchasing the car new. I'm financially poorer for it. But emotionally I am on top of the world! No regrets.

Quick Reply: Carrera -Ordering, Options and Observations