Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 chick magnet or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016 | 10:56 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Marv800
I don't really have an opinion on whether my Porsche attracts women or not, nor do I care. I do know that I've gotten my fair share of "thumbs up" from women and men: probably equally.

What gets me, is all the reponses here that equate to, "why would you want to be with a woman that only likes you for your money/car/perceived wealth?"

See I'm a happy bachelor with no intent of getting married or having children, or quite frankly, being in a serious relationship. Like all men, whether they admit it or not, like to fornicate with attractive women.

So a couple years ago, I was dating a girl about 1/2 my age and smoking hot at 20 years old. I was having a great time, and she was too. Well, a close female friend of mine commented to me, (presumably in an effort to save me from a situation she perceived was bad), "you know marv, she's only sleeping with you because she thinks you have money." Nothing about her comment surprised me. My response to my friend was, "Okay. I guess we're even because I'm only sleeping with her because I think she's hot, what's the difference and who cares?"

My friend was dumbfounded, and I don't know why. A spade is a spade.
Any update on the millennial woman's outlook on 911's???

Rennlist, the Porsche Enthusiast Forum. Yes guys, this is as good as it gets
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:06 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG

not sure about your question but i hear millenial penises favor 991's!

bottom line, most women want a guy with means to give them what they want, and look for signs of such (any expensive car, nice house etc etc... usually in general, vague terms) - younger ones usually want you to spend $ on them buy them a good time or stuff they need/desire... older ones want that too, but moreso in terms of longer term financial security... smarter/choosier ones look for more 'discriminating guys' who can provide the above plus have decent taste...

the above is generally true in my experience (with some notable exceptions of course) ...such is the world we live in....
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:11 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by STG

I'm 34... Or 35 as of today... My Jag XKR got a lot more attention from females. I'm happily married so I don't know what that attention would have meant or netted (or trouble I may have gotten in ) if I were single in either car.

My wife is 40 and pretends to be unimpressed by any car but secretly she likes certain ones, just the type that isn't materially motivated.

People tend to find what they're looking for. If a man is searching for a fish his car as bait will catch, likely he'll find that type of girl.
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:15 AM
LexVan
Banned

Get a:

P
U
P
P
Y
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:17 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by LexVan
Get a:

P
U
P
P
Y
No... Go borrow one from the shelter... Then you get a god story to go with it and none of the upkeep!

Just beware of any girl wearing hemp or Birkenstocks. I know this is like 90% of west coast girls... But they'll turn your home into a rescue.
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:42 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Well it might be a chick magnet but I am a chick repellent so it all evens out in my case.
Old 05-24-2016 | 12:04 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I'm 34... Or 35 as of today... My Jag XKR got a lot more attention from females. I'm happily married so I don't know what that attention would have meant or netted (or trouble I may have gotten in ) if I were single in either car.

My wife is 40 and pretends to be unimpressed by any car but secretly she likes certain ones, just the type that isn't materially motivated.

People tend to find what they're looking for. If a man is searching for a fish his car as bait will catch, likely he'll find that type of girl.
well said
Old 05-24-2016 | 01:41 PM
Benedict14
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I'm 34... Or 35 as of today...

This reminds me of a story. Attributed to Socrates I believe .....

"Once upon a time a pilot asked a beautiful princess, "Will you marry me" The princess said, "No"!

And the pilot lived happily ever after and flew fighters all over the world and drove hot cars and chased skinny, long-legged, big-breasted flight attendants and hunted and fished and went to topless bars and dated women half his age and drank Belgian beer and forty year old single malt scotch and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and ate cold leftovers, steaks off a Stone, drove the Ring (repeatedly), and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was unbelievably cool. And he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up."

The End

Old 05-24-2016 | 01:41 PM
Yard Dog
Instructor

A car can't fix everything.
Old 05-24-2016 | 01:43 PM
RichAA
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Get a:

P
U
P
P
Y

Lex has it right. It's an order of magnitude difference. Puppy or cute dog FTW
Old 05-24-2016 | 02:37 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

+1 on the puppy, my girlfriend has a tiny little fluffy one and I've had more women come up to say hello during a single walk then in 10 years of driving a Porsche every day.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (12-09-2020)
Old 05-24-2016 | 02:54 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dewinator
+1 on the puppy, my girlfriend has a tiny little fluffy one and I've had more women come up to say hello during a single walk then in 10 years of driving a Porsche every day.

+2 on the puppy. But having a puppy and a Porsche is the coup de grace.

Old 05-24-2016 | 02:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Old 05-24-2016 | 04:39 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
+2 on the puppy. But having a puppy and a Porsche is the coup de grace.
+3 on the puppy. He will be a lifelong friend and trusted companion regardless of any women you may or may not attract.
Old 05-24-2016 | 04:59 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by DerekS
+3 on the puppy. He will be a lifelong friend and trusted companion regardless of any women you may or may not attract.
12ish years.

Quick Reply: 991 chick magnet or not?