991 chick magnet or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default 991 chick magnet or not?

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I think girls that I date like the car, but they are not attracted to me BECAUSE of the car.
Why?? They have to compete for your attention?? Car vs. Woman
Old 06-19-2015, 12:16 AM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocklegend
Anyone see a sudden interest from women because of your Porsche? Any other cars draw interest that you own?

(I don't know why RockLegend started this thread. But it's now 7-page long. )

Girls seemed to like it when I drove BMW X5M, much more than C4S. They told me it looked masculine. But they were never able to distinguish between X5M and plain X5.

Anyway, whether 991 is a chick-magnet or not, it's never good for in-car osculation or fornication; it's too small. You have to bring a big SUV when seeing the girls.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:18 AM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"My husband would love that" is the usual 'chick' response.... So I guess that's a no for me
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

In my experience my porsche appeals to old ladies. Seriously. They think it's adorable.

Also, you are driving the wrong car. Apparently black pick ups engender positive connotations amongst women.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorze...iving-pickups/

For the guy who traded m his 991 for a BMW Z4, here's what they have to say about that:

"For their part, the men queried said they’d be most likely to rev their biological engines for a woman who straps herself into a red BMW sports car. “Based on results, I’d recommend a red BMW Z4 for single women,” Danise says. “Two seats signal ‘no kids.’ The fact that it’s expensive means it’s probably leased, which indicates you’re not heavily into commitment. The convertible top says you’re not worried about your hair.”

Last edited by Grunty; 06-19-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Girls love animals not cars. Get a dog.

Hot rods and exotics mostly attract dudes.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:13 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

2 quick stories, one old one new. My dad once told me before he married my mom that he was working on the car ('57 Chevy) and he was having some problems. They were suppose to go on a date that night. She asked, who is more important, me or the car? My dad said, "you don't want to know the answer to that"!
My wife doesn't really like driving my 911 (a good thing, but she has to on occasion). I saw my old college girlfriend of 35 years ago the other day. I was showing her pics of my kids and she saw a quick (1-2sec) pic of my son in front of my 991. Immediately she said "You have a Porsche?"! She even pronounced Por-sha correctly! Guess I should of married her. Some women like sports cars, some don't have a clue! Wish my wife did.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Carjunky1
Advanced

Ferraris are chick magnets. There have been a few studies on the sound a Ferrari emits evoking responses in women. I used to drive a family member's red Ferarri 360 Spider and I got many, many responses from women. I have owned two 911s and I got one response over my 7 years of combined ownership.

The response I get from my wife is, "how much did that thing [911] cost? Alright then I'm happy with my [whatever the recent purchase may be]..."

Did I make page number 8?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:20 PM
coxswain
Racer

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
I saw my old college girlfriend of 35 years ago the other day. I was showing her pics of my kids and she saw a quick (1-2sec) pic of my son in front of my 991. Immediately she said "You have a Porsche?"! She even pronounced Por-sha correctly! Guess I should of married her.

What will happen if your current wife happens to read your post?

Last edited by coxswain; 06-19-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Squires9914s
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm not sure about 991 is chick magnet but I got three girlfriends after I bought my 991 and all three do love to sit in the car at the same time...thats why no need GT3 for me.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:20 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by coxswain
What will happen if your current wife happens to read your post?
She will divorce me at which time I will merry my old girlfriend!
Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Marv800
Rennlist Member

I don't really have an opinion on whether my Porsche attracts women or not, nor do I care. I do know that I've gotten my fair share of "thumbs up" from women and men: probably equally.

What gets me, is all the reponses here that equate to, "why would you want to be with a woman that only likes you for your money/car/perceived wealth?"

See I'm a happy bachelor with no intent of getting married or having children, or quite frankly, being in a serious relationship. Like all men, whether they admit it or not, like to fornicate with attractive women.

So a couple years ago, I was dating a girl about 1/2 my age and smoking hot at 20 years old. I was having a great time, and she was too. Well, a close female friend of mine commented to me, (presumably in an effort to save me from a situation she perceived was bad), "you know marv, she's only sleeping with you because she thinks you have money." Nothing about her comment surprised me. My response to my friend was, "Okay. I guess we're even because I'm only sleeping with her because I think she's hot, what's the difference and who cares?"

My friend was dumbfounded, and I don't know why. A spade is a spade.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:53 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

911: the car of choice for discerning fornicators.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:33 AM
rolling porsche
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

911 is for sure not chick magnet but men
Old 06-20-2015, 11:51 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Girls love animals not cars. Get a dog.

Hot rods and exotics mostly attract dudes.
LOL So true. One of my sons went to the Bahamas for a week and asked me to dog sit his black / tan terrier while he was on vacation. The dog is a ten week old puppy. We have a bike and hike trail only a coupe of miles from my house, so every day I took the puppy out for a leisurely one mile walk on the trail.
As I pulled into the bike / hike parking lot, I'd typically get at least one guy who would compliment me on my beautiful black Porsche, but on my 20 minute walk on the trail several young and attractive women would stop me each day to talk about the gorgeous puppy. One even walked the dog and me to the parking lot, and she was completely oblivious to my Porsche when we arrived at the lot.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:04 PM
mikeguitarez
Advanced

Women don't care about Porsches. I am happy to report that no women have approached me because of my Porsche. Guess women in general don't give a stinking poo about cars which is great for me because I can own my sports cars and not have my wife worry about some skank trying to test my commitment to my marriage. I will tell you who does approach me because of the my car are other car doods that love cars, other Porsche owners/enthusiast and teenage dudes that think I am a millionaire because they are too naïve about money.

I personally think its foolish to buy a car to attract women ... or whatever you are into. People generally just don't care what you drive. And if they are taking photos of you in your Lambo, just remember, they are taking pictures of the car and not you unless you are Denzel Washington.

Remember, if you go buy a Bugatti tomorrow and you find chicks throwing themselves at you, they are either gold diggers or have date rape drugs or some form of poison coated on their nipples so they can rob you when you pass out.

-Mike

Quick Reply: 991 chick magnet or not?