Porsche Ruined the 911 - Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Like every previous generation, there will be complainers that Porsche ruined the 911 with the latest generation. Some of you are guilty of it and display your displeasure vociferously on this forum. And, like your predecessors, they were wrong then and you are wrong now. But don't take my word for it:

http://porschaddict.com/2012/08/26/o...-live-the-911/
This was a good point, a year ago. You're wrong now, and you were wrong then. : )
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
This was a good point, a year ago. You're wrong now, and you were wrong then. : )
Porsches weren't even on my radar a year ago so how could I have been wrong then?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Porsches weren't even on my radar a year ago so how could I have been wrong then?
By your logic, what is right and wrong is decided by others, not yourself.

The blog site you referenced was wrong a year ago, you were wrong then, too, you just didn't have the opportunity to know it until now.

As a separate but related matter, if "Porsches" weren't on your radar a year ago, it's customary to listen to others until you've learned the ropes.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you please explain that to me? Don't get it why it was a good point a year ago and isn't a good point now anymore.... Maybe that would change my opinion.

IMO it is a good point whenever you want... The whining from the so called "purists" about the car is almost as old as the car itself. They should have a reunion... where they can whine all together! Big party!

Oops... Now I'm whining about the whiners...

Suzy991
Old 07-04-2013, 08:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Can you please explain that to me? Don't get it why it was a good point a year ago and isn't a good point now anymore.... Maybe that would change my opinion.

IMO it is a good point whenever you want... The whining from the so called "purists" about the car is almost as old as the car itself. They should have a reunion... where they can whine all together! Big party!

Oops... Now I'm whining about the whiners...

Suzy991
Great idea! They can have a "whine and cheese" party.

Although, even Wisconsin could not make enough cheese to match the amount of whine that would be served at that party!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

As a separate but related matter, if "Porsches" weren't on your radar a year ago, it's customary to listen to others until you've learned the ropes.

Yes, master. I should have known "my place". Please forgive me, oh wise one.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:31 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 152 Posts

The only 911 better than the 991 is the next version of the 911
Old 07-04-2013, 12:02 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

By your logic, what is right and wrong is decided by others, not yourself.
Actually, by my logic, history writes itself and so far, every new generation 911 had its detractors who proclaimed that Porsche had ruined the 911 and they were all proven wrong because each subsequent generation has improved the car and continued its widespread acclaim.

The blog site you referenced was wrong a year ago and is still wrong.
By your logic, not only was the blog wrong, but that Porsche actually did ruin the 911. In other words, Porsche didn't check with you first and royally screwed up the 911 because it no longer is up to your standards.

If that's the case, don't let the door hit you in the *** as you head out because this is the 991 forum and the participants are here because of their love of the 991, not because Porsche "ruined the 911 again".

Quick Reply: Porsche Ruined the 911 - Again!