Sponsored by:

Video 911-50 Anniversary Edition in daylight

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Video 911-50 Anniversary Edition in daylight

For people that are interested, here's a video from German TV where you can see the Graphit grey car in the sun. (Video is in German, but he has nothing really interesting to say, so you don't miss anything if you don't speak german )

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...=off&ipad=true

Suzy991
Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting that. I accidentally saw the tail end of this video on TV in Frankfurt last Monday. Back in the States on Tuesday, I tried but failed to find it posted online. Glad you did!

This video showed the graphite gray to better effect than the offical Porsche video or my real-life viewing in the museum garage. It looks great in the sun.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
Thanks for posting that. I accidentally saw the tail end of this video on TV in Frankfurt last Monday. Back in the States on Tuesday, I tried but failed to find it posted online. Glad you did!

This video showed the graphite gray to better effect than the offical Porsche video or my real-life viewing in the museum garage. It looks great in the sun.
You're welcome

Personally I have mixed feelings about the color to be honest as I've seen it in person too now after a visit to Zuffenhausen. After seeing this video I really doubt if I like the car as much as I hoped I would.

Suzy991
Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

Originally Posted by Suzy991
For people that are interested, here's a video from German TV where you can see the Graphit grey car in the sun. (Video is in German, but he has nothing really interesting to say, so you don't miss anything if you don't speak german )

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...=off&ipad=true

Suzy991
Thanks Suzy for posting that video. The color is much uglier than I thought. Gonna have to go with the Monochrome Black even though upkeep of the black color is more time consuming. The wheels will look great on a black car.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

You're welcome

Personally I have mixed feelings about the color to be honest as I've seen it in person too now after a visit to Zuffenhausen. After seeing this video I really doubt if I like the car as much as I hoped I would.

Suzy991
Suzy, do you mean the 50th anniversary car in general or the color?
Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scubadiver637

Suzy, do you mean the 50th anniversary car in general or the color?
Especially the colors... Solid black I've never liked on any car and the Geyser grey is not really my cup of tea. It's not that Graphit grey is ugly, but I had hoped it would be a bit darker.
The interior on the other hand I liked very much. So I'm a bit on two sides now... Monday I will go see my salesman and decide what I will do.

Suzy991
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

I personally think the graphite gray looks pretty good, but I definitely prefer colors other than the grays/black offered.

I've been begging Sascha Glaeser to do whatever he can to talk headquarters into allowing paint to sample. He has me listed as an official PTS request. If others of you feel likewise, then please consider requesting PTS. The more requests, the more likely they are to decide to support it.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

I will be asking my SA to put a request into Sacha as well for PTS in 3AS Turquoise Blue.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
I personally think the graphite gray looks pretty good, but I definitely prefer colors other than the grays/black offered.

I've been begging Sascha Glaeser to do whatever he can to talk headquarters into allowing paint to sample. He has me listed as an official PTS request. If others of you feel likewise, then please consider requesting PTS. The more requests, the more likely they are to decide to support it.
On a special edition? Not sure if they would do that... I definitly wouldn't if I was in charge there. My opnion is, that if one doesn't like the car as it is, one should order another one. They will sell them anyway.
But I'm not in charge, so maybe you're lucky and they will decide to support it if there are requests enough.

Suzy991
Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

Suzy, Push your salesman for PTS. There are so many great colors in the Porsche palate. If we purchasers of the 991-50 put enough pressure on the dealers, maybe they will relent and let us PTS.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

Still many available 991-50 allocations in the Porsche dealerships surrounding the area in which I live.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scubadiver637
Suzy, Push your salesman for PTS. There are so many great colors in the Porsche palate. If we purchasers of the 991-50 put enough pressure on the dealers, maybe they will relent and let us PTS.
Sorry, but I don't want PTS. I order it the way it is presented by Porsche or I don't order it. For me it's the one way or the other. Nothing in between.
(Yes I know... I can be a b***h sometimes LOL)

Suzy991
Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Copyright Porsche AG

Copyright Porsche AG
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

You're welcome

Suzy991
It's a very historic-looking color and the best of the 3 offered, IMO. But, if you've got any doubts, now's the time to have them, not after the car arrives. Color is such an emotional issue that if you can't have the car in a color that really "speaks" to you, maybe you need to reconsider the purchase altogether.

A girl has the right to change her mind, after all!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed

It's a very historic-looking color and the best of the 3 offered, IMO. But, if you've got any doubts, now's the time to have them, not after the car arrives. Color is such an emotional issue that if you can't have the car in a color that really "speaks" to you, maybe you need to reconsider the purchase altogether.

A girl has the right to change her mind, after all!
Yes indeed
In a way a like the color because it is indeed a historic-looking color, but I doubt if it is exactly what I want after seeing the car in person. I really want to be 100% sure.
Never been that indecisive before in my life before. LOL

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Video 911-50 Anniversary Edition in daylight