Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to see the build progress of my car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Is there a way to see the build progress of my car?

Now that I have all the build dates (it will supposedly start being built around 6/7) is there some way for me to follow the progress online without getting that info from the dealer?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

My guess is that the dealer has access to the best available information. On my last order, I just assumed things were happening on the dates my dealer provided in the beginning of the process. Based on those assumptions, I was able to see the ships departure information from Emden and basically guessed which ship my Porsche may be on. I guessed right and 10 days from the ship docking in Houston, my car was at the dealership. It is sort of fun to track, but it is also a little too consuming.

For this build, I am going to try to resist the temptation to track its every move, but I doubt that will be possible!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

...and I also saw your build in your other thread. Sounds like it will be a GT3-like 4S! Very cool!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I asked my dealer if there was a webcam or website I could long into. He said many people ask but that is not currently available. My dealer provided an update every couple of weeks each time the build status code changed.

BTW, Porsche setup a new computer system a few months ago, so many of the four to seven letter codes you'll see on the Internet are no longer valid. The new codes generally start with a three digit number and have a brief sentence of text.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Oly thru the dealer, unfortunately...unlike bmws which is fantastic.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to see the build progress of my car?